Photo

Hiccup?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

where is this annoying 'feature' coming from?

arg! :hiccup:
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#2 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7723 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

where is this annoying 'feature' coming from?

arg! :hiccup:

Which annoying feature are you talking about?

Are you saying you really don't have the hiccups?
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#3 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

I keep seeing 'hiccup', and not knowing where it is coming from.
I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#4 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

nope- I think it was a laughey face that changed to the ":hiccup:"

usually after quoting..
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#5 Fortunado

Fortunado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

The "hiccup" is being used to replace "l.o.l.". At first I thought everyone was having a few drinks while posting, but when it happened to me at work, I was sure that I hadn't drank *that* much :)

Edited by Fortunado, 06 August 2010 - 11:41 AM.

"As below, so above and beyond, I imagine drawn beyond the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend." - Tool

#6 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

ell-oh-ell

#7 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

ell-oh-ell

har-de-har-har, Anna.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7723 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Try using the "f" word and see what happens.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#9 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

Flapjack?

Firetruck??
:P

#10 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7723 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:36 AM

Nooooo, try again. Everyone is so nice, here, I know it is difficult to post a cuss word. I promise to remove it if it goes wrong.

--David Dunning

#11 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

do you mean I am a soft and cuddly, little kitty-cat.? I say it in real life, but not often. I did used to work in a steel mill, and at restaurants for 15 years. Not for nothing.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza

#12 Fortunado

Fortunado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

do you mean I am a soft and cuddly, little kitty-cat.? I say it in real life, but not often. I did used to work in a steel mill, and at restaurants for 15 years. Not for nothing.

Lol it's a great word when used in the right context. How it came to be used in the way it is today is a little more interesting considering it wasn't originally intended to be used negatively, at least I don't think?
"As below, so above and beyond, I imagine drawn beyond the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend." - Tool

#13 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Hey! how come Karen can say it? That's not fair.. lololol

cute filter tho in the quote.. :P

#14 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7723 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

Karen has rights to bypass the "bad word" filter. She is our highest moderator. You do not, you soft, cuddly, kitty-cats.

That was interesting to find that even when you quoted her, the filter was engaged.

This might be the only time it gets used, you are such a nice lot, but we are ready for the next spam attack.

Bastards beware! We will expose you for the soft, cuddly, kitty-cats you are!

And then we'll loose our dogs on you.

--David Dunning

#15 Chickasaw 5-OH

Chickasaw 5-OH

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

You all crack me up! So if I write F. u .c .k it appears as....." I am a soft and cuddly, little kitty-cat." That is so great. I know Allison and I had this convo not too long ago. I love how it "takes the steam out of things"

Everytime someone says "pup" it should say "stop being so impatient" Hahaha! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users