Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Does anyone have a great/favorite multi-day dog pack recommendation? I have done a lot of research but would really appreciate the input of other AI dog back packing enthusiasts.

TIVA.JPG Tiva 36lbs

KAI.JPG Kai 45lbs

My best friends and I thank you for your time :)

Lovely pictures!

Our favorite/s

http://www.myoutwardhound.com/backpacks-for-dogs-dog-backpacks.html

Just pay careful attention to the sizing info, as these dogs run a bit on the lithe side, and we had to return our first order for the next size smaller.. ran out of adjustment strap.. lol

• Like 1

Those are our favorites, too. So very nice to be able to remove the pack, without unbuckling the harness. They are velcroed on, and it gives the dog a chance to cool down. When it is time to go, just slap them back onto the velcro and web harness. No fuss.

Nice pictures Swade.

Gorgeous pictures! We don't have a pack so I can't say but will follow the thread for ideas myself. Good topic, thanks for posting.

Tiva is stunning....I don't think I've ever seen a picture before....if you had posted pics before I missed it....how old are Tiva and Kai....both are beautiful!

I did a search! I do remember Tiva.....it's amazing how the color changes! Tiva looks lighter to me in this picture.....thanks again for sharing!

Tiva and Kai have their own Calendar page this year! :D

Update:

We just got back from a three day backpacking trip and the dogs lived up to their calendar personas. Didn't have time to purchase packs yet but that's the last time I'm carrying their food. The few people we met all asked about the 'cool' dogs. The cool dogs are now sleeping like the dead.

Thanks for your input.