• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

I totally agree KittynDoc..........There are grasses and other native plants in my garden that the dogs go to....they sometimes look like little goats foraging in the woods.  On the other hand, Tolinka had to teach Two Step "DO NOT GO NEAR THOSE MUSHROOMS."  Two Step as a pup would eat anything in sight including a tube of oil paint.  yuck!

LOL!!! My first dog, a black lab, would purposely go and quickly grab a mushroom before I could say NO (as if to say "see, I can eat what I want, mom")....subsequently, she would have both ends  VERY busy and she was feeling woozy, and I would tie her outside close to the house, and hose her down gently after every episode. It was so MESSY, yucky! Never mid the smell...well, after two times, she learned NOT to go. She didn't have a teacher like your Tolinka to steer her away from it.. :)

#22 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3402 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:46 AM

The good news is that it was a messy process, not a fatal one.  Whew!

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users