Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Indroducing Charlie Two Step

This Holiday season has been so fun and full of new adventures with grand kids on Christmas morning, family, friends, in and out of town, and finally home at last for New Years to spend the last holiday days with close friends....On New Years day, that special phone call happens, and away I go again.......I find myself heading to Selma at Oh-Dark-Thirty on Monday morning. I am looking at a nine hour drive on 101 up through San Francisco, and up the redwood highway. It's a beautiful day. I have that proverbial smile on my face the whole way....I'm going to get a pup!

So off I go, and this is who I find....

CTS #2 IMG_4792.jpg

Now I just cant resist this beautiful blue eyed pup. I spent the day at Song Dog getting to know Charlie Two Step. (And of course visiting with Kim and Arlene) He was the shy little guy of the whole bunch and always hiding in his little kennel or backing away from everyone....Well......after a day in the dog pen, I finally got him to follow me and come to me. Happiness is a pup that all of a sudden wants you.

The nine hour drive home seemed shorter than the drive up. Two Step slept in my lap the whole way other than stops we made every 1/2 tank of gas. Got home, greeted my other dogs, tucked them in, and then brought Two Step in. Fed and watered him, let him explore the kitchen, then brought Tolinka in. I ignored the pup and played with Tolinka and his toys. When Tolinka took notice of Two Step, the zoomies came into play. Tolinka took to this pup like a duck to water. The pup the same towards Tolinka. That night we all retired...on my bed...and all was quiet until 6:00 A.M. We all got up and started our day. This is kind of what happened.

come with me CTS #1 IMG_4786.jpg

Tolinka invited Two Step to go on a walk through the woods.

the woods be fun CTS #4 IMG_4810.jpg

watch your step little guy #3 IMG_4796.jpg

catching the scent # 5 IMG_4829.jpg

We came into this little dog wood grove and they graciously posed for me.

this one is for mom #6 CRW_4833.jpg

don\'t get any funny ideas little guy #7IMG_4838.jpg

We headed toward the meadow to play ball......

o.k. lets play #9 .jpg

Now the following shots are so out of focus, and I oppoligze for that but I can't help but to post them...At eight weeks this pup definitely has the moves...... :lol:

zoomies #2IMG_4857.jpgzoomies #1 IMG_4856.jpgzoomies # 3IMG_4858.jpgzoomies #4IMG_4859.jpgzoomies #5IMG_4862.jpgzoomies #6IMG_4884.jpggotta take a rest #7IMG_4887.jpg

So I think Tolinak and Two Step are going to be fast friends.......

you are too much fun #2IMG_4890.jpg

you art too much fun #1.jpg

so at the end of the day, all is good......

the end of the day IMG_4932.jpg

Did I gush enough? :wub: He is navigating the stairs, batting the ball around with his paws, pouncing like a cat, and is a total cuddler...I'm in heaven. What a way to bring in the new year. Happiness........ :D

Sorry this is so long, but couldn't help myself......more later.

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

aaaaaaah at last summer and the sweet smell of the river.

This Holiday season has been so fun and full of new adventures with grand kids on Christmas morning, family, friends, in and out of town, and finally home at last for New Years to spend the last holid

The subject today is GATE LATCHES.   One might ask, "Why do we need to read about gate latches. A gate is a gate, right? It should keep the dog in, right? It doesn't matter which way it swings

Posted Images

How completely awesome is that!!? Congrats on Mr. Two Step & Happy New Year!

Let the fun begin! I'm so happy you posted so many photos, thanks! Two-step looks like he is going to be the spitting image of Tolinka.

OMGosh- what a cutie!

Thanks for the story and many pictures-

Never too long when gushing about a pup! :)

Looking forward to the next installment.

Sweet. Thanks for the pictures.

Draco accepted Wicca immediately, also. At first, I think he thought Wicca was the Absolute Best play toy we had brought home yet.

From Day One, Draco has been a good big brother. "I'll take care of you, Little One."

Day 1 I\'ll take care of you - small..jpg

Then, at about the one week point there were several times that Draco looked at us like "When is this strange dog going home?"

But then, it really sunk in and the two are bonded.

The last couple of days, they've been like brother and sister getting on each other's nerves. Joan and I are planning some activities for them separately today!!

More pictures!! More stories!!

How completely and utterly adorable He is! You're making me want another one already, Molly!

It's the eyes! Don't look in the eyes! No, don't look in the eyes!!

Too late. I must have a pup. I must have a pup. I must have a pup. I must have a pu......

Congratulations Miz M!!!!!!!!!

It's the eyes! Don't look in the eyes! No, don't look in the eyes!!

Too late. I must have a pup. I must have a pup. I must have a pup. I must have a pu......

:lol: Yep Gib, I totally agree....the eyes will pull you in every time. :lol: This little guy has eyes that are so clear and blue, they remind me of the Carribian sea in shallow waters.

Beautiful pictures, it's seems such a long time ago when Shunka was small like that! At the moment he is getting smaller, he put on a lot of weight, but he is getting his trim figure back. Don't have a puppy, but a kitten, She isn't afraid of Shunka at all, she would cuddle up to him, but I think he is more nervous of her! He doesn't like it when the two cats have a play spat, don't think he knows which one to stick up for!

Congratulations! This was my first Christmas with my first AI dog, and "heaven" is not an exaggeration.

Thank you JF. You are so right, Christmas with an AID is heaven. As always so glad you are part of the BIG AID family.

This afternoon, I put Tolinka and Two Step in my "Foo Dog Room," which is nothing more than a simple little single wall mud room built on top of my deck. I want to get them used to visiting there on ocassion when I can't take them with me. Rushed off to the store, and I swear I was only gone for about 1/2 hour. Upon my return, I heard some interesting sounds from the Foo Dog Room. One was a higher pitched voice, Two Step's, and the other was deeper, belonging to Tolinka. When Two Step started to yip, Tolinka would draw the lower note out at the same time. Pretty soon the higher notes were being drawn out too. I stood to listen for a few moments and realized that what I was hearing was Tolinka teaching Two Steps how to sing. :D Then they both let out a song together..... Oh the sweet innocent voice of a singing puppy with his older brother was just killer. :wub:

..LOL

Oh, MizM- you are sooo mean

Making me want another pup...

The thought of listening to 'singing lessons' is just Too Adorable :wub:

..LOL

Oh, MizM- you are sooo mean

Making me want another pup...

The thought of listening to 'singing lessons' is just Too Adorable :wub:

The clock must be wrong.... I thought I'd be the first one here at 4:30am, but Star's already been here.

She's probably already picked up the toys, put away the chews & bones and vacuumed yesterday's dog hair.

Thanks for taking care of the place Star!! Have a good day. (If you end up with an extra puppy, let us know, we want one,too. ;))

LOL- No Gib, your clock isn't wrong- I've been awake for a couple hours.

(made coffee, breakfast, packed hubbies lunch, and checked on the forum...)

I save vacuuming until After we get out and do stuff like hiking or going to the dog park. :)

Besides, it would be just Rude to vacuum at 3am.. Neighbors might hear ;)

As for a pup- gonna be a little while, but yes of course I would share- LOL

And we pick up the toys/bones before bed... saves toes in the early am-dark ;)

Miz Molly Congrats!!!!!! Even though the pictures covered the pups and how much fun they are having, I could sense that you were smiling and the happiness came through in your words!!!!! So glad for you!!!

The daily portrait.......9 weeks old

two step 9 weeks IMG_4938.jpg

O.K., so yesterday, Two Step learned how to chase the ball, and some how get into his mouth. I am sure those razor sharp milk teeth had a lot to do with being able to bring it back to me. (sorry it is out of focus)

retrieving ball IMG_4993.jpg

We went down to the meadow for our thrice daily ball play. This is the beginning of the zoomies in which all those photos were a blurrrrrrrrrrrr.

playing at the meadowIMG_4999.jpg

Last night I had friends over for dinner, and I was so proud of these two pups. They sat quietly the whole time, while we enjoyed our feast. I felt like the Monks of New Skete.

sitting quietly IMG_5033.jpg

After dinner they played with the blue octopus which is the greatest toy for a pup. All those legs just wrap around him and he pounceson it, rolls over it, and chewes it. I think he thinks it's ALIVE! :lol: Tolinka is great at sharing his prize posessions.

play IMG_5029.jpg

I redescovered something last night....to keep puppy quiet, I put my "Ball Jacket" (the jacket I ALWAYS play ball with the dogs in during the fall and winter months) on the floor and guess who snuggled right into it and stayed there til my guests left.

in my jacket IMG_5041.jpg

And at the end of the night a few quiet moments before bed time.

at the end of the day IMG_5022.jpg

Two Step is sleeping through the night ( Oh Whew) and has since I picked him up at Kims. Every day it is so interesting to watch him change from that shy little pup that hid in the back of the run to an out going, inquisitive little guy. Learning all the time. But what really is a beautiful thing to watchis THE teacher in Tolinka. Tolinka is gently teaching Two Step different lessons, with his soft low gutteral noises, to his body language, to his "don't bother me now" voice. He is a great teacher, and making it very easy to have a pup. :wub:

Squeeeeee!

Molly , Congrates the first set of pic second to last made me super smile at tolinka grin on his face , I m sooooohappy for you two steps is adorable and look like they are already best friends .

Portrait of the day:

:wub:

smiling Two Step IMG_5065.jpg

Well, so much for the shy little pup that I picked up from Kin. That lasted for about 24 hours upon arrival. Two Step and Tolinka are adjusting really well and becoming fast friends.

:lol:

lets start the zoomiesIMG_5059.jpg

zoomies 2 IMG_5016.jpg

The zoomies can explode just about any time, any where.

:lol:

the dog hug IMG_5058.jpg

another play hug IMG_5042.jpg

Two Step, so far, has elected to follow me rather than Tolinka. This is a really good sign. However, it is only day six, and he is changing on a daily basis. I am going to try to keep this up.

I wish I had the camera out when he was in mid stride, and I called to him. He planted his front feet, and his little butt swung around in the air...he landed facing me. He definitely knows his name. Life with two AID's is just too much fun..............More later.

OMG! I want # 3....What am I thinking?

Holy cow, I disappear for few days and all of a sudden there's a new puppy running around the forum!!

Miz molly I am so happy for you (and admittedly a little jealous)! He looks like he's made himself right at home and you can tell Tolinka's pretty happy about it. You must be in doggy heaven right now.

I love the zoomie pics!