Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Happy 1st Birthday Lola (and Tabor)

Lola and her only brother Tabor turn 1 year old today!!

Due to a crazy schedule and other non dog related obsessions, I haven't been participating much on the forum lately. I am happy to announce that Lola is turning out to be a wonderful dog.

The biggest development as of late is that, despite my initial objection, we have been letting Lola sleep on our bed. The Monks of New Skete worn against this practice, but it has totally transformed our relationship with our dog. For this last year, Lola has not been the most affectionate nor the most obedient dog. But, this new privilege has made her feel like one of us, and she has become very cuddly and much more eager to please us.

Her favorite game is fetch, and she loves chasing the ball in the woods where she has to sniff it out.

We finally got our fence completed so that there are no holes. She had been taking off daily to visit her friend down the street. It was only a matter of time before she got hit by a car. Hopefully the new fence will hold her.

Here are some now photos paired with old ones taken in the same location.

a_2010_02_15_030.jpg a_2010_11_06_115.jpg

b_2010_02_15_053.jpg b_2010_11_06_1_040.jpg

c_DSCN0158.jpg c_2010_11_06_008.jpg

I'll try to stay in touch more often:)

Jerry

Thanks for the update Jerry! And those beautiful pictures of Lola!!! She remains an awesome AIDog! Very beautiful creature!!! Chhaya will turn 1 year old on the 24th...tomorrow will be the one year mark that our yellow lab Kayla died, which in turn led us to the AIDogs and our baby Chhaya! I'm still missing our Kayla, but Chhaya has helped so much to fill that void and is also much more eager to please as she matures. We let Chhaya on the bed at night too. It seems that's the snuggle time for her. She isn't too cuddly till then! She's always on the go till bedtime!!! :) I have pictures on my camera from the last visit with Linda, Malachi, Snake and her pug Val. I too have been busy with alot and have yet to download them on the computer and post them. I'm hoping to do that this weekend! Thanks again for the update...it's always good to see how the pups grow!!!

Jasper sends Happy Birthday wishes to his Best AID buddy Lola!

100_0486.jpg

Those are very beautiful pictures! I had forgotten some of them, but oh my! Glad to be reminded. She is stunning.

Happy birthday Lola! And Chaya, too!

Hard to believe a year has gone by.

"The biggest development as of late is that, despite my initial objection, we have been letting Lola sleep on our bed. The Monks of New Skete worn against this practice, but it has totally transformed our relationship with our dog. For this last year, Lola has not been the most affectionate nor the most obedient dog. But, this new privilege has made her feel like one of us, and she has become very cuddly and much more eager to please us."

Hey Jerry,

I found the same thing to be true with Tolinka. As soon as he started sleeping on my bed, his affection towards me totally changed. He has become such an affectionate dog, where before he was a bit stand offish. Now he shows his affection when he stands next to me, he'll lean into my legs, sometimes he finds himself peering out from between my legs (like I am about to ride him like a horse although a bit of a small one :D ) while standing. He now gives lots of hand kisses, knee kisses, and snuggles on the couch with me. Man, my views have really changed about "NO DOGS ON THE FURNITURE!" The other thing he has taken on, is showing signs of guarding me. If there is a wild creature out in the woods, he will stand in front of me, raise his hackles, and bark. It's as if he is telling me to "stand still, watch, and wait." So I do! ;) Since I have allowed him on the bed to sleep, I have also found that he is much more eager to please. Almost a different attitude all together. And the bonding continues to grow. :) Thus I have also broken the rule of "no sleeping on the bed" and it has transformed Tolinka into a dog that shows intense eagerness to please and bonding that is seemingly boundless. I love it! :)

Happiness is having a tight ball of fur, smack dab in the middle of your bed.

Great pics of Lola.....what a beauty!

Edited by miz molly

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOLA MALACHI WILL BE ONE THE 28TH HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE ABLE TO SPEND IT WITH CHHAYA.

Lola and her only brother Tabor turn 1 year old today!!

Due to a crazy schedule and other non dog related obsessions, I haven't been participating much on the forum lately. I am happy to announce that Lola is turning out to be a wonderful dog.

The biggest development as of late is that, despite my initial objection, we have been letting Lola sleep on our bed. The Monks of New Skete worn against this practice, but it has totally transformed our relationship with our dog. For this last year, Lola has not been the most affectionate nor the most obedient dog. But, this new privilege has made her feel like one of us, and she has become very cuddly and much more eager to please us.

Her favorite game is fetch, and she loves chasing the ball in the woods where she has to sniff it out.

We finally got our fence completed so that there are no holes. She had been taking off daily to visit her friend down the street. It was only a matter of time before she got hit by a car. Hopefully the new fence will hold her.

Here are some now photos paired with old ones taken in the same location.

a_2010_02_15_030.jpg a_2010_11_06_115.jpg

b_2010_02_15_053.jpg b_2010_11_06_1_040.jpg

c_DSCN0158.jpg c_2010_11_06_008.jpg

I'll try to stay in touch more often:)

Jerry

Hey Molly you sound like me and malchi he has always slep on my bed but I have seen recently he is much more snuggly he also get s a little possesive he will put his head on my legs or belly he is also the one that will wake me up very gently once in while he pawed my head /face he will use his nose to nugg me . and the licking he is obsessive at times will hold my hand down until I geuss he feels its clean whene my psriosis brakes out he will lick my boo boo sore fingers he is the only dog I had that would do that he tries to even clean my nails toes or other wise remind me of when Sitka gave allison a manicure lol .

as far as the squeezing between the leg I think thats a trate every sidog I mean will do that I take it as a compliment .:D

"The biggest development as of late is that, despite my initial objection, we have been letting Lola sleep on our bed. The Monks of New Skete worn against this practice, but it has totally transformed our relationship with our dog. For this last year, Lola has not been the most affectionate nor the most obedient dog. But, this new privilege has made her feel like one of us, and she has become very cuddly and much more eager to please us."

Hey Jerry,

I found the same thing to be true with Tolinka. As soon as he started sleeping on my bed, his affection towards me totally changed. He has become such an affectionate dog, where before he was a bit stand offish. Now he shows his affection when he stands next to me, he'll lean into my legs, sometimes he finds himself peering out from between my legs (like I am about to ride him like a horse although a bit of a small one ;) ) while standing. He now gives lots of hand kisses, knee kisses, and snuggles on the couch with me. Man, my views have really changed about "NO DOGS ON THE FURNITURE!" The other thing he has taken on, is showing signs of guarding me. If there is a wild creature out in the woods, he will stand in front of me, raise his hackles, and bark. It's as if he is telling me to "stand still, watch, and wait." So I do! ;) Since I have allowed him on the bed to sleep, I have also found that he is much more eager to please. Almost a different attitude all together. And the bonding continues to grow. :) Thus I have also broken the rule of "no sleeping on the bed" and it has transformed Tolinka into a dog that shows intense eagerness to please and bonding that is seemingly boundless. I love it! :)

Happiness is having a tight ball of fur, smack dab in the middle of your bed.

Great pics of Lola.....what a beauty!

as far as the squeezing between the leg I think thats a trate every sidog I mean will do that I take it as a compliment .:)

Danza is between my legs a lot, too. She really likes it when I bang her around when she's between my knees; I call it the "agitator", 'cuz that's what it does to her. :)

Happy Birthday to Lola and Tabor! The pics are awesome and so is she!

Soul has been allowed on our bed since the beginning and he is definitely a cuddler. He has to be in "puppy pile" to sleep; which means a leg, head, or rear end on one of us at all times. It is funny how this comes to bring them closer!!