Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.

And yes I am still waiting. :( Being patient but waiting. Just had to get it out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you so much for your kind words about the forum community. It has been a labor of many people over many years, and it really makes us happy to see that it is useful. I remember trying to expla

Some ways to savor the wait: 1) It makes time go more slowly. So it's like getting MORE time. 2) No dark o'clock minus negative and snowing puppy poop time because it's STILL SNOWING. Only sleep for

Please note: Please, Kim has been over loaded with emails, about 5 per day, from our excited, eager, prospective AIdog companions.....   We all know how difficult it is to plan for the summer va

Posted Images

Sherab, there is one difference. I pretty much knew the due date with our girls. :) It's all good though. My wife told me the other night that my middle daughter is wanting a pup pretty bad. The pressure is starting to build. She is wanting me to start looking for one. This pup from Kim is a suprise to the whole family so I am trying to hold it off as much as I can. In the end it will be what it will be. I am being patient but I am ready.

• Like 1

It is well worth the wait!

My Chota is perfect, better than i could imagine.

• Like 1

Sheila, I am sure the wait is worth it from all the great things I have read about the AID. Today was just a day that I had to purge a little. I was feeling a little pressure from the family. Things will be great when the day comes.

Hello all, I have not been on the site in a while..Roy it is hard on me and my family as well( we've been on the list since july last summer). I was e-mailing with kim the other day and he explained that it has been a 'wierd" year with litters. not as many took as "normal years". but more r on the way. we are so excited to get the big call, I just keep reminding my self good things come to those that wait...or something like that lol. there is no way I would be able to keep this from my family, I would break in the first week i think!

• Like 1

O.K. you all....PATIENCE is the name of this game. I waited for 19 years....well.... I was not on the list that long, life kept getting in the way. My kids would bring puppies home, (I wanted an AIdog) my friends would have litters of pups and need to get rid of one, (I really wanted an AIdog) my son in law brought one pup home the Monday before he and my daughter said their "I do's" (how can you say no to that one?) from Bernese to Australian blues and boarders to that cute little guy from the SPCA, and oh how about the one that the owners wouldn't keep anymore.... I couldn't say NO. BUT I REALLY WANTED AN AIDOG. Then I finally said WAIT, it's my turn to choose. After all that time I immediately called Kim and I did have to wait a bit longer, but compared to 19 years it was nothing. The desire to have one of these special canines just gets deeper and deeper during the "wait." We are so used to immediate gratification, and with this special breed......one has to learn patience as there is only ONE breeder and that's Kim. Believe me, the wait is worth it. These dogs are something one dreams of.......companionship, loving, communicative, brilliant in mind, imaginative, loyal, and a plethora of other adjectives that are amazing to describe these canines. I can hear the squeals of delight from all of you when that "CALL" comes. Good luck to all of you on the list and welcome to the wonderful world of AIdogs.... Gently tell your kids to chill. What they are going to get in this dog is definitely an amazing bonding experience and truly their very best friend. Whaaa hoooo! What a ride. :wub:;)

• Like 2

didnt mean to sound negative if thats how it was taken just trying to relate..sorry

I do have to say that in my earlier post I was just venting and was just having one of those days. I am sure alot of you can relate. If there was ever a place to vent then it should be here. This is a place for past, current, and future owners of AID's. I think that this is what this forum should be about is helping the new and sharing with the old. I kind of feel like this place is kind of like family and you vent on the ones you love for the most part. Yes Miz Molly you are right. This world as a whole is all about instant gratification and we usually don't have to wait very long to get things in this world today. The AID is one of those exceptions to having to wait.

I have been quite patient and intend on doing just that until our little package arrives. As for those who are expecting for the first time and given a round about date sometimes makes it hard. I know Kim must be a very busy person as most everyone else is as well. I am not knocking anyone here nor do I mean to sound harsh so please no one take it that way. I just think that it is frustrating sometimes when we do not know what is going on. There is a bigger picture that alot of us don't see and that is okay with me. Although it may complicate things and make people more antsy sometimes I think a little update wouldn't hurt anything.

My six year old daughter that is asking will do just fine until we get our pup. My wife had just told me that she had been asking her about getting a pup and was relaying that message to me. I was just sharing my thoughts at the moment. You know, Kim told me once that we all needed to get the word out about the AID's and that we all needed to learn and share our knowledge with the people. I think within this forum especially that this rings true to talking to the new people such as myself. Again please who ever reads this do not take anything personal as it is not meant to be put out as such. I am not saying anything bad about a single person here but rather getting this off my chest. I have tried not to voice any of my opinions here but feel like I need to put a little bit out there on the plate so to speak.

Thank you all for putting a place together where we can learn and share about the AID's. I think this forum is a great idea for all phases of AID owners whether it be past, current, or future. I hope everyones time comes that they can have that moment of pure bliss when their puppy arrives. Good Day!

• Like 1

The most challenging time for us with both our dogs was the period between hearing there were pups on the ground then photos on the forum and then The Call.

Those days and hours seemed to bend and twist and slow down to a sludgy, wintry-molasses mess. Then, The Call came and time jumped into warp speed and hasn't slowed down yet.

We laughed that it was City Cousins trying to "interface" (City Cousins' term) with Country Cousins.

We were all Big City Schedules & time off & travel & expenses and the Country Cousins were all Nature's Cycles & All in good time. Somehow, one weekend it all came together. Both time cycles meshed. "All good things to those who wait."

We spent our waiting time frequently imagining the spirit & character of our dog and what our relationship would be like. We didn't so much care about what they looked like as who they were and how they fit in.

Being ALL stunning dogs, we couldn't be happier with the looks of our dogs. Being sentient beings of noble lineage, both dogs have also far surpassed our desires for intelligent, loving & fun companionship. They are both challenging and rewarding.

I've been on the forum for over 3 years. I check in just about everyday. In a profound sense, this is very immediate family. For the dogs, certainly, but for us, too.

By Dog, we are all related!!

Enjoy the process -- every excruciating moment of it!! ;) My (or our) words will be of only minimal comfort, relief, enlightenment, satisfaction but there is a dog (or two) that will fill in the blanks.

• Like 2

didnt mean to sound negative if thats how it was taken just trying to relate..sorry

Outdoorplayer, No, no, no, you didn't sound negative at all. The ring of frustration is always there with new owners going through the "wait" period. That's normal. I think those that are responding are trying to smooth and calm the ruffled feathers by telling our own stories of the "wait" as we all go through it....

Roy S, you are so right on:

I think that this is what this forum should be about is helping the new and sharing with the old. I kind of feel like this place is kind of like family and you vent on the ones you love for the most part.

:wub:

Some ways to savor the wait:

1) It makes time go more slowly. So it's like getting MORE time.

2) No dark o'clock minus negative and snowing puppy poop time because it's STILL SNOWING. Only sleep for Meeeeee

3) Puppies are a lot of work at first, so I'm glad it's not time yet.

4) I might need a bigger lap (which would be bad).

5) We might need a bigger bed.

6) I'm getting a puppy! It may be 10 or more years before I can say that again.

7) She's going to do something I'll wish she hadn't, like break a bobble, barf on a favorite sweater or eat a shoe but not yet.

8) She'll have to go through her spay but not yet.

• Like 6
  • 11 months later...

Sherab,

I LOVE the list - ESPECIALLY ITEM # 1!

My major yearly family / ceremony trip is coming up in June and THAT is so far away and then OMG IT'S TIME TO GO! and of course a last minute frenzy to get ready to travel - ha ha ha - fun. :ph34r:

So, THANK YOU for giving me MORE TIME :wub::D much needed!

I am waiting for my match with a puppy. That's VERY important to me.

Still, I have to admit - I've eyed that AI Dog that needs to be adopted and thought, "hmmm - Colorado Springs is only a 12 hour drive further when I'm leaving Texas. Oh, we'd have good bonding time on the way back to Florida. Geee I always stay at a pet friendly hotel anyway on my trip ...."

I hope for Bandit's sake and for his keeper that Bandit finds a GREAT new forever home soon! Transitions can be bumpy but it is always nice coming out the other side ;) !

Denise

• Like 1

well i almost got the call(Iwas#1 alternet) I went out and bought a food bowl an antler for the ride home another chew toy just incase he/she is to young for the antler a ball and 30lbs of food. Now I sit just looking at that bag of food just wanting to tear it open and feed my puppy :rolleyes:

Sherab, my favorite is #7 LOL!

I am afraid if we have not all experienced this already, then we shall. ;)

If you have lovely leather interior in your car? Get ready, because it will not be lovely anymore. Two words that will never be in your vocabulary again? "Leather couch."

Your new favorite things? "Beige carpet." "Cheap houseshoes." "Pill pockets." "Squeezy Cheese." :P

Edited by mommom

We're waiting too and very excited to hear that there are 2 litters coming. We don't have any idea where we are on the list or how long the wait will be, but we're just excited to know that when the time is right the puppy that is meant for us, will come to us. I believe that!

• Like 2

me too!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the forum community. It has been a labor of many people over many years, and it really makes us happy to see that it is useful. I remember trying to explain it to Kim, lo those many years ago, and how foreign and strange it seemed to the status quo. Now it is so natural.

Well, you new owners certainly keep us on our toes, and we love hearing about your frustration, elation, and sharing your celebration.

The only thing that hurts, is knowing that I have to wait, even longer than you, for my next one. I have to endure your endless cute photos of puppies, your blithering on about how great your pups are,... Okay, this isn't helping...

• Like 7

o.k. maybe its all back on track....What I wanted to say was :lol: Allison, you hit the nail on the head.

Interesting that I thought this was important to say. It's late, gotta go to bed. zzzzzzzz

Thanks mommom,

I don't know who took it, and I wonder how they timed that shot "just right". That's a one in a million!

I just couldn't resist! :P

mommom,

What is your AIDs name and is he/she trying to give you a kiss? (assuming you took the picture).