Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Star's Other Pup- K'ne

Well, we brought our new puppy-girl home yesterday.

Such fun, such a surprise, and such a set of LUNGS! lol Her first night away from momma was rough.

She is so sweet, and watches everything our other dogs do for clues of what to do herself.

We are tentatively naming her Amy. Short for Amethyst. Again, because of her eyes.

Ok- enough blathering, here's a picture.

Amy.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mabelline eyes.......beautiful.

Oh they grow so fast! before- K'ne about 8 weeks - middle of July   after- K'ne now- about 7 months - early January

Posted Images

What a pretty girl!!!

Congratulations!! What a charmer!

(I'm not jealous. I don't want one of these puppies. I'm not jealous. I don't want one of these puppies. I'm not jealous. I don't want one of these puppies. :wub:)

Looking forward to the stories & photos.

Edited by Gib

Yay. What a sweetie. Is that a little tip of black on the end of her tail? Wonder if she is going to sable out. Shiva looked just like that when he was a pup. We called him easter egg boy because half his tail was black and the rest of him except his muzzle was creamy, like a dipped easter egg. Then the sable grew in. Wow what a show. She and JJ will be a handsome pair.

Ctherese I LOVE your avatar! That is so terribly disarming.

So happy for you, Star, and can't help but be a little jealous too. I want them all! Gib, I know you know how I feel.

Seriously though, congratulations. She is stunning.

Maybe I say this each season, it is possible, but these pups are outstanding!

She is doing pretty well too.

She is very sweet and smart - gee imagine! lol

She has almost totally grasped the concept of sitting to gain attention, she follows me around and when I say "Good Girl" she looks me right in the eyes. :)

Once I get home from work, and get a chance to catch my breath, I will post a few more pictures. ;)

Thanks everybody, we think she is wonderful.

Ok- we are almost certain our new puppy's name is Kaneonuskatew.

Means "one that walks on four claws" in Cree. (tho it is generally used as a masculine name, I don't think she will care)

A Good picture of Kaneh

Kaneh 7`5 wks.jpg

Kaneh hanging with big brother Jasper :)

The Kids.jpg

One more-

Kaneh's profile :)

She really isn't that crazy, a crow flew over- cawing, and she suddenly turned her head, startled. LOL

Kaneh profile.jpg

that crow picture is the best!

And to reduce confusion, the easiest phonetic (and her spelling might change too..) is to think 'Klingon' and pronounce it K'né

I'd spell it that way all the time to make it easier, but most folk don't know where the é is on their keyboard.. lol ;)

And she is currently laying on the kitchen floor, mauling her first Her-toy. :wub:

Niice!

Ive got Michi learning and loving the bully stick and the antler I have. I'm certain shes well on her way to learning that these are her chewies and not me or the couch or her "bed" lol

What an elegantly beautiful puppy!!

She and J are going to make quite a pair... I bet she'll just look like a cream colored version of him when she grows up. She already has that thousand-year-old look in her eyes in that first pic.

I think it's :wub:

After playing outside, before they had dinner...

Luv1.jpg

Luv2.jpg

hey anna....... love those two pictures!!! did jasper fluff up his new pillow before he laid down?lol.......

That "pillow" picture is so touching....

We have never really had any issues between the two dogs.

From Day One, Draco has been very "accommodating" -- no way more than that.

OK, there were times the first week that Draco plainly said, "OK, that was fun, when is the puppy going home?" At the same time it was evident that he knew Wicca is now part of the family.

And That started on Day One.

Day 1 I\'ll take care of you - small..jpg

(He was definitely comforting her, not holding her down!)

The last few days/weeks/months that Wicca has been on tight physical restrictions, Draco has consistently time and again shown such compassion and caring. We've stopped counting and documenting the times Draco has brought Wicca a bone or chew or, especially, her own special snake-tug. Or helped groom her.

Wicca holds her own in returning the favors to Draco. But, she's been mostly on the receiving end most recently.

~~~~

Star, what a beautiful pup. What a beautiful pair!! Eugene/Springfield will never be the same!!

Those special moments are vicariously shared with all through these amazing photos and stories.... Keep posting plenty of pictures puppy people....

I was looking for something else and ran across this golden oldie photo of Draco & Wicca from Wicca's first week with us...

Wicca on Draco Wrestling Small.jpg

Those tender, funny, touching moments :wub: come fast and furry-ous.

You guys are really in for it now.... :D

Oh my goooooooodness, Star!! She is so adorable, I like both names, but I think I like Amethyst more, if only for the adorable-ness of it. I love the almost instantaneous bond between the two of them. It's something I hope to see in the next year or so in my own home.

I just love her eyes! And that muzzle! She is very pretty. She does kind of remind me of Jasper with the nose. Its interesting that her nose is so dark and her body is so light. I love the color combinations in these dogs. My friends always ask me how there can be so much variety in a single breed of dog. I tell them it is different blood lines of the same breed. I don't know if that is really true, but it sounds good. :);) Its great that Jasper is so accepting of her. Ziva was more like, "Ok so that was fun. Can he go away now? What?!? You say he has to stay here with ME! Are you NUTS!!???!" for the first day or two. Now she tries to lead by example. It is really very cute, and helpful. It seems like she has matured a TON since we got him. Did you notice the same thing? Or is it just me?

MORE PICS! They are so cute!!