Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Pup Pick-Up Spring 2009

The count down has begun!!!! I'm chomping at the bit to get this road trip started. It looks like I may be delivering a puppy for Kim in the LA area. It will be the sister to my Little Dog. Hopefully I can convince the new family to get involved in disc so we can see the pups grow up together .I have devised a plan to have him come to a competition to pick her up! See if he bites on it!

I WANT MY AID!!!!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The count down has begun!!!! I'm chomping at the bit to get this road trip started. It looks like I may be delivering a puppy for Kim in the LA area. It will be the sister to my Little Dog. Hopefully I can convince the new family to get involved in disc so we can see the pups grow up together .I have devised a plan to have him come to a competition to pick her up! See if he bites on it!

I WANT MY AID!!!!!!!!

That is so cool that you will be delivering a sister pup! Hee hee on the plan to suck them into the competition!!

You leave on Saturday to go get Little Pup, don't you? I'm expecting Solsti will be leaving soon after you pick up his sisters...looking at next week sometime...and cannot wait!! We just got our first bag of puppy food and just completed his crate blanket with his name on it. My first attempt at knitting with a graphed name! :-0 All in all, it didn't come out too bad!!

I'm with Todd...

I Want My AID!!!!!

That is so cool that you will be delivering a sister pup! Hee hee on the plan to suck them into the competition!!

You leave on Saturday to go get Little Pup, don't you? I'm expecting Solsti will be leaving soon after you pick up his sisters...looking at next week sometime...and cannot wait!! We just got our first bag of puppy food and just completed his crate blanket with his name on it. My first attempt at knitting with a graphed name! :-0 All in all, it didn't come out too bad!!

I'm with Todd...

I Want My AID!!!!!

Don't be surprised if that blanket doesn't last too long!!!!!!

Judy K

Judy K

Bwahahaha, Judy!

I made a similar one for Meekos and Thrasher when they were born and Meekos was buried with a scrap of his but Thrasher had it in millions of pieces within 2 days of giving it to him! Luckily - I have pictures of it! Bwahahaha...

So what you are trying to "warn" us of is that these guys are little chewers? Hee hee!

Judy K

I had the same statement on the tip of my tongue judy hahaha. Good job Debi. They are puppies and ALL puppies chew. Careful they don't swallow any of it. My buddy just dropped 2grand having pieces of tennis ball removed from his dogs GI tract.

on another note I am really excited for all of you! Also excited for these puppies that they get to come into the world and go to loving homes free from abuse.

6 more days!!!! Yes I'm excited! Can you tell?

One of the things I like to do for Little Dogs is to wet and tightly roll several wash cloths and freeze them. Give it to them to chew it helps with the teething. REMOVE when it's thawed out. Give them another one. Rinse and repeat!!

If you really want to spoil them try it with beef or chicken broth!!

Oh I can't wait!!!

I WANT MY AID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an excellent idea!

One of the things I like to do for Little Dogs is to wet and tightly roll several wash cloths and freeze them. Give it to them to chew it helps with the teething. REMOVE when it's thawed out. Give them another one. Rinse and repeat!!

Oh I can't wait!!!

I'm jittering in my 'puter chair...6 days??? OMG!! Woo hoo!

Now that I got that out...that idea is awesome, Todd - we have a puppy teething ring that is similar to that but the washcloth idea is a good one!

I had the same statement on the tip of my tongue judy hahaha. Good job Debi. They are puppies and ALL puppies chew. Careful they don't swallow any of it. My buddy just dropped 2grand having pieces of tennis ball removed from his dogs GI tract.

on another note I am really excited for all of you! Also excited for these puppies that they get to come into the world and go to loving homes free from abuse.

We have so many "puppy" chew toys that are recommended for little ones under the age of 4 months from my girl in Jersey...Brian has joked we may need to build another room just for Solsti and his toys! She is partial to the "educational" toys and all natural snacks...I swear she sent us a care package with treats that smell so good I'm a little jealous!

Oh I can't wait!!!

We do this for our pups, it's great. Danza still has a taste for cloth. <_>

:wacko::)<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_cool.png" alt="B)"> :Bwahahaha: ;):P:D

60 hours to go!!!!!!!

I WANT MY AID!!!!!!!

We used to knot treats in a length of leather, it used to keep shunka occupied for ages, then he learnt how to undo knots!

I have never had much problem with him chewing, best thing is not to leave them on their own too much when they are loosing their milk teeth and growing their adult ones! Good strong chews are wanted then!

:wacko::D<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)"> :Bwahahaha: :P :P ;)

60 hours to go!!!!!!!

I WANT MY AID!!!!!!!

:o

I am soooooooooo jealous right now!! B) Don't look in the trunk!

~~~Soon~~~Very, very soon~~~

Hey All,

I'm at Kim's and been here since Sunday morning. I can finally say I have met my first AID well my first 50 AIDS including my beautiful Little Dog and her sibs!!

It's been raining most of the time I've been here. Which makes for lot's of muddy paw prints.

I must say this about these dogs. I have never seen so many well balanced loving animals in one place. It's such a pleasure to be here and experience The Ranch.

Arlene and her cats are awesome. Kim's parents are very nice and everyone makes me feel very welcome!

I know this for sure. We are very lucky to be getting or having these dogs in your lives.

They are not your normal every day dog. They are very special creatures and a gift to us. I will forever own an AID!

Pictures will follow once I get home Sunday.

Debi, Richie, Jake and whoever else is getting one of the pups. I'm loving them all for you!! Echo is doing great and Shappa is one of the most handsome dogs at the Ranch.

We de-wormed and gave them their first shots yesterday.

Bella has become an Honorary AID! She fit right in with the pack. No problems with any dog there. I moved her from compound to compound and she got to met them all with no issues at all. She is bigger than all the females and as big as the bigger males like Scout and Shappa.

I have learned most of their names and love them all. Blue Ice is one of my favorites. Dusty is the one you just can't help but respect and love she and Catch are in charge of their area. Ghost greeted us and is just as sweet as they get.

I could go on forever. For those who have been here you know what I'm talking about. For those of you have not been here put it on your list!!!

I HAVE MY AID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Todd

I am so happy for you Todd.

It is an amazing place. I have only been down there twice and can't wait to go back.

You talked about Scout, he is my Hawk's litter mate. They were born Dec. 25, 2004. If you take lots of pictures could you take one of Scout, Red Ryder and Sierra. These are Hawk's family. Oh, ya for my daughter could you take one of Jay and Sandy. These are her Chief's parents.

Have a safe trip home and congrats to you and all of those getting a new pup.

Lisa

Thanks for all of the news. When we went down, we only had an hour or two before we had to turn around and head back up to Seattle because we had to contend with a blizzard. I was so sorry I wasn't able to spend more time getting to know Kim and the dogs better - it was a rough 18 hours in the car in two days. I really hope we'll be able to make the gathering. Reading your post makes me feel like I was there longer!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! It is a gimme - we are heading out there next summer ...no matter when the gathering is scheduled!

Todd - your enthusiasm and joy is shining through! Thank you sooooooooo much for loving on Solsti for us! We should have him any day now....YESSSSSSSS

Todd & Bella got their AID...NOW I WANT OURS!! Bwahahaha...

Well Todd , congratulations with your pup !

This means ... just a few weeks more for our pup to be shipped ! ! Yippie !!

Gosh, reading all this makes me wanting to take a plane and come over to meet Kim at his ranch !

We went to Montana twice several years ago so why not plan a trip to Oregon somewhere in the years to come ? Certainly something for my wishing list !

Yes I do feel lucky to be here and able to pick up so much dog poo!! It never stops!

We took Solstice and the other female for a walk along the creek. They are so small and so eager to keep up. They are troopers and had to cross the creek and jumped right in like they had been doing it all along. It's just a blast to play with them.

I have gotten lots of pictures and will send them out next week. I forgot to bring my cable to transfer onto my computer.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time with Dusty. She is so sweet and all the dogs respect her very much. Catch is her right hand and enforcer of the compound. I would give her full body massages and she would demand that I continue. When I first started she would not give me kisses but didn't mind my face next to hers. After her first massage I told her to get another one she had to give me kisses. And guess what she knew exactly what asked of her and started kissing me. She learned the more she kissed the more she got. So we spent a lot of time making out yesterday! Dusty kisses are the best! Oh BTW she is 18 years old!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen an 18 year old dog before and very active. Ghost at 14 is giving the coyotes all they can handle. It's just amazing how healthy they are.

Scout is the nicest guy and so handsome. Just a fine example of an AID!

Jay is soooo sweet and just a great guy to be around. Red is red!!! Beautiful and proud!

Sierra is one of the fastest dogs there! Black coat and blue eyes is just an awesome combination. Beautiful dog! One of the biggest females there.

Sandy is the best mom and loves her babies. She is leery of Bella being too close and was herding her away from the puppies when she was out of the kennel. Bella is very respectful and knows how to handle herself so no problems happen. She respects their space and doesn't mind being told what's up. It's a great humbling experience for Bella. She has a better idea of what it's like to be a dog instead of a spoiled city girl.

The weather final gave us a break yesterday and we were able to mow the yard. It's a beautiful place a very different lifestyle than what I have going on. It reminds me of being home on my Family ranch in Oklahoma. It's a very pleasant time for us. It's like summer camp for Bella and a Love Fest for me!!!

I was going to leave tomorrow but will probably leave Friday! I'm glad I'm bringing two pups back so they can keep each other company. Should be an interesting trip home!

Looking forward to what we will experience today!!

ok so I am absolutely and completely jealous! sounds like a great time even if I didn't bring home a pup. No wonder Tim stops by often LOLolol I would too.

Todd be careful your makin Kims place sound like disneyland.

You talked about Scout, he is my Hawk's litter mate. They were born Dec. 25, 2004. If you take lots of pictures could you take one of Scout, Red Ryder and Sierra.

I second Lisa's request!

Can't wait to see pictures of all the babies! Have a safe trip home and congratulations everyone!