Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

We Ran Into More Ai Dogs At The Dog Park!

So we had just arrived at the dog park on a busy sunny Sunday afternoon, and I think to myself of the dog that has trotted up to Sita, "Wow that really looks like an AI dog!" Then I realized, it must be Ketua! Who is one of the two AI dogs that we met before we got on the waiting list and who lives nearby. Then I saw one of Ketua's people, Lee, sitting over on a table. Kiva, who also lives with Lee and his wife Debbie, was there also. Kiva was the playful friendly clown that made me really want an AI dog when I met him! They were gracious to let Sita and I come over to their home maybe 6 weeks ago, and at that point Sita was a little bit wary of big dogs rolling her and dominating her, and she didn't really play with them all that much, although she was fascinated by them. Yesterday, Sita was running and playing and jumping all over them...it has been really neat to see her go from being interested and trusting in all dogs and people, to becoming quite protective, picky about her company, and growly-grouchy after being messed with too many times, to now taking her place as a confident, playful yet self-possessed creature...with Lee's dogs, and with all of the dogs at the park really. She's still among the smallest, but fits right in with the play pack there. So happy to have these doggy cousins, aunties and uncles around...we'll be seeing more of them for sure :) Lee and Debbie LOVE these dogs, and want to be part of Sita's growing up. Very cool. Lee and 3 part 2.jpg

• Like 5

Aww what a great picture! So glad that Sita has that opportunity. I loved seeing Boone figure it out when got to play with Bandit and Kito earlier this month. He'd also been wary and hesitant of other dogs before they came along. You could just feel the joy as they played together. I can't wait to get them together again! We feel blessed to have them so close by!

• Like 2

Great picture! I wish there were more AI Dogs in my area and / or I could get down to the keys more often!

It's not like living on the mainland!

• Like 1

I LOVE that photo! They look so happy.

• Like 1