6 replies to this topic

#1 JackG

JackG

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:horseback riding, dogs

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

It's been a while, I always hoped to keep up with the forum but that plan fell through quickly!

I'm here with a brief update on Arlo (Nina x Jay spring 2016), he's been great, recall is still iffy but we're working on it. I have been noticing some of the anxiety I've heard mentioned with these dogs, nothing as severe as others but he does get so anxious when leaving the house (he LOVES going out, I think he just gets so excited that he doesn't know what to do and that turns into anxiety), he'll grab his collar out of your hands and run and hide somewhere. We're working on that, and he's gotten much better.

Now for much awaited pictures! (I'm terrible at formatting so apologies if this is a mess!)

He's become quite a handsome dog
arlo.jpg  profile.JPG  b&w1.JPG  dark fire place.jpg

Cute too..
arlo1.JPG arlo2.JPG  arlo3.JPG  frog bro.jpg  

He can be a bit weird..
arlo4.JPG arlo5.JPG  squoze.JPG   

Overall he's pretty great though
B&W sheep skin.JPG   arlo6.JPG  arlo7.JPG

He likes to adventure in space in his free time
arlo galaxy touch.jpg  arlos blue.jpg  blueboi.jpg

I think I was semi successful with formatting this but most of the pictures are side ways or upside down, which I don't know how to fix

arlo8.JPG

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 753 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the pics.  He is a handsome fella for sure. I do hope you are able to get to the Gathering this year.  Would love to see you and Arlo.  BTW, the space pictures are kinda cool.

#3 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Love the space pics and he even had his own moon collar - LOL!  :)

Happy Birthday to Arlo and he really has the AI Dog expressions!

Eye rolls, funny ways of sitting and lying etc........  :P

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7721 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

You caught some great moments, ones we all experience.  The "God's hand to dog nose" got me laughing, and I kept laughing through the end, to the cone of shame.

I will fix your pictures.  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#5 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7721 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

I dropped one picture: Toe munch.  Click on my name, send it to me, and I will replace it.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#6 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3344 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

great shots......I think the third photo in is my favorite.  You have a magical way with the lens.  Keep shooting and sharing.  Thanks.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#7 DarmokElizabethontheocean

DarmokElizabethontheocean

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Creating new laws for the qualifications and accountability of service dog trainers in WA.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

He and Darmok have the same eyes (and the same dad).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arlo, one year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users