Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

New Pup Zephyr Home In Texas

Nrrosque, don't worry, sometimes they don't have any personality what so ever as puppies but one might develop in year or two. You might need to take him to remedial silliness class though. I think I read on the forum somewhere about a supplement for AIDs with no sense of humor. Can't find the link... Seriously Love this series of picture. I think my fav is the last one in the first set with the pillow. First shot in the second set looks like this fierce photo of Shappa.

Haha it's so funny because I named him with these high expectations of him being this majestic regal fellow...and he is the biggest goober I have ever met! I love him though and his goofy faces and antics keep me laughing even on my worst days. He came at a time in my life when I needed a little extra laughter...the perfect pup :D

• Like 7
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite pic so far - shows how happy...and silly they are together!

Hi everyone!   I am still getting a hang of the forum (navigating and figuring out where to post), so I hope I am posting this in the right place! I picked up Zephyr last Friday and then traveled a

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more

Posted Images

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more in the Allen area (Kito and Bandit) and we'll be lucky enough to have Denise E and Kelli visiting with their 2 AID (Tayamni and Coffey) in June!

12027515_1016260045084745_2094681106088347982_n.jpg

Edited by drichard
  • Like 8

Love, love, love the photos! And we can only imagine every owner on the forum doing what we did...play that howl for their dogs! Kaposia became EXTREMELY excited when she heard her brother howl!

That is so cute!! I would love to hear Kaposia howl a greeting back ;D

These are great pictures, nrrosque! Oh how I wish our pups could meet! I can only imagine the laughs and smiles you have with Zeph!!! I love his howl!!!! ;-)

Thank you so much!! I know I wish all of their siblings could meet - it would be a giant chocolate love fest haha!

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more in the Allen area (Kito and Bandit) and we'll be lucky enough to have Denise E and Kelli visiting with their 2 AID (Tayamni and Coffey) in June!

I would LOVE to meet up!! My boyfriend and I get so busy, but I would definitely LOVE to set a meet date! We will be out of the country from June 3rd-June 18th. Do you know when Denise will be in?

Love the pic by the way, so sweet :)

Let me know a good time for y'all and we can check in with our Calendars :D

• Like 1

Hi nrrosque!

We'll be there (or rather Tayamni and Coffey) June 10 - 19, maybe 20th.

Hope you have a good trip! we'll be there on the 19th (a Sunday) but it's when you get back.

Would love to meet you all but times seem to overlap :(

I'm glad you will meet Denise & Nick and Boone and Houston sometime for a play date. Looking forward to the picks of the dogs!

• Like 1

I'll send you a message with some dates and if the weather cooperates we can get them together. I know Boone and Houston would love it, they haven't met a dog (or cat, or rabbit, or bird...) they didn't love to play with.

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

great photos!!!! I can't figure out which my favorite one is ..... :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, those are fantastic! I agree. It is hard to choose one.

• Like 2

Recently, I've gone mad for the horizontal pose over the pool.

• Like 2

I can't choose.

All of the top, especially the grayscale and laying in the grass ....

then there's SPD, with Zephyr and the husky.

Yes, I like the jumping over the pool too! and the sleeping photo, reminds me of the photos (the lady who takes pictures of babies) it has that feel.

I also wonder if the guy with Zephyr gets asked if he is related to Steven Colbert?

Yep, I'm a Gemini, I wonder about these things ^_^

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

@Allison - I am always amazed at how athletic these dogs are! He flies over things with such ease and grace, it's incredible!

@Sherab - haha, every morning he drags him man parts across our carpet - he loves laying out like that - reminds me of a little kangaroo ;)

@Denise - haha no, he has been told he looks like Bobby Flay though :D

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Happy birthday Zephyr. What a handsome guy. And I bet he knows it too.

• Like 2

Happy birthday Zephyr. May all your journeys around the sun be full of spirit and happiness.

• Like 2

Wow! I enjoyed all your beautiful pics of Zeph's growing through to this birthday...Happy Birthday, Zeph! What a handsome boy he is, and how familiar some of these things I see him doing are!

Wyot is just a little over 5 months, and I get so many compliments wherever I go, and they cannot believe he is barely 6 months, and is so smart! I have sign language I taught him, so when he is far away, and when I call, he can see what I am asking of him, without me yelling at the top of my lungs (you know, that stance, when they look up, and then see if it's worth coming or continuing their quest, lol!) I make the gesture fot "sit, treat", and he usually comes running to sit and get his promised treat! (which I then gratefully leash him, so he won't wander further away and get himself into trouble...) I also have a sign for lay down, which he does, amazingly...it literally took me 15 minutes to have him learn that!!!! Now heel is a bit harder, because there is always something too interesting to go investigate. Works fine in the house, but mostly all bets are off when we go out, for now. Anybody else have a dog who seems to know when you say left or right?? I say it -silly me, like he is human or something- but he goes in the right direction when I say it, and I am BEHIND him!! Just wondering... :)

• Like 1

Happy Belated Birthday Zeph...wow has he grown!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

His color is magnificent. He looks like he could be part of a shadow and blend in on the red earth.

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

I am still getting a hang of the forum (navigating and figuring out where to post), so I hope I am posting this in the right place! I picked up Zephyr last Friday and then traveled around Oregon with him for a few days - then finally flew him home with me to Texas! I am an experienced dog owner (growing up with dogs and raising two Huskies on my own) and own a Doggie Daycare/Boarding facility, so I thought I was prepared for everything this little guy could throw at me...but even so he is the feistiest pup I have ever raised! We are working on crate training, which is a battle let me tell you :( -- he screams...not cries, but screams! He is slowly improving, but he has to sleep in bed with me every night to be a happy pup - I normally only allow bed privileges when dogs are older, but seeing as I am in an apartment, I don't want my neighbors to be upset with me haha....and I have to say, he is really sweet when he sleeps with me, just cuddles up next to me and will sometimes sleep the whole night through! I have to crate him at the business, since he doesn't have all his shots yet, but once he is old enough, he will be playing and socializing all day with other doggies :D

Anyways - to the good stuff - he did awesome while traveling, took everything like a champ! We did some light walking trails, etc. and he just trucks along the whole trail! He loves exploring and drew a crowd of people everywhere we went. He is SO smart, already knows his name and learned sit in about two attempts. I have been using some positive reinforcement to teach him "no" since he tries to get into everything...he caught on really quick, I say no and he immediately stops what he is doing and looks at me, then I praise him. He still gets some "tough love" too when he is being too persistent about something. My female husky gets along great with him! - he is a little confident guy, so she is careful to keep him in his place (low end of the totem pole ;) )

He is very sweet though and has such an expressive little face, my Dad is smitten with him! He has learned to stalk which is hilarious since he is so tiny! Potty training is still hit or miss, I live on the 5th floor of an apartment, so when we aren't at my business, it's a little more tricky to get him out every 30min-1hour.

Overall I think he is a great pup! I am learning from him everyday and am excited to see him grow!

And I forgot to mention, it blows my mind how attached to me he is already. I really feel as though he is in tune with me! Even at Kim's I have a video I took where all the pups were playing and he was laying off on the other side of the pen. I made a kissing noise and he was the only one who perked up and came trotting over...I think he already knew he would be coming home with me :D

Another Texas AID! Great, we're in Center Point with Mo, our 8 month old. Good luck and have fun!

• Like 2