Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Progress On Day 3

So, after the second night of all night screeching and crying in the crate (enough to break your heart, but, had to hang in there- we came and took him outside to do his business twice, back in he went, and back to the high pitched crying!!)

....DRUM ROLL...... LAST NIGHT, HE WENT RIGHT INTO HIS CRATE WITHOUT A PEEP!!!-and we went around doing our regular routine for getting ready for bed (which Wyot already knows, and he curls up or is passed out already.) Kitchee was QUIET, curling up on his towel inside. Not a sound, until 2 in the morning, when hubby took him out for a bathroom break- then right back in without protest, until 6:30 am!!

All of yesterday, I watched them, made sure I was on top of Kitchee's signs of needing to go (two accidents, where he starts, but I grab him, and he finishes outside..with me repeating "pee outside. Kitchee"!.

I went out walking with the two of them, and round and round he ran as he watched Wyot playing fetch the stick and tried his own version, and then they play and play together with toys once inside, that they like tugging, tossing and squeaking! I saw Kitchee taking over Wyot's carpet in front of the kitchen sliders, so I took the towel from his crate, and lay it next to the carpet, moving him onto it. Wyot got his spot back...that's where you see in the picture I posted, that Kitchee came closer and closer until he napped on Wyot's feet! All day, from then on, he kept going to his towel to nap...I think that did the trick, as he now knows it is his..and it goes into the crate at bedtime, so he knows to lay on it, and is more comfortable.

Now, when I immediately take him out upon awakening from a nap, he does his business, and when we get inside, he already knows to sit, and wait for his treat! If I take too long getting it, he tries to climb on me, but I tell him to sit, and he does! I am still amazed at how quick they learn. Now, waiting for the bathroom business to resolve itself....sigh...patience.

Sorry if too many updates and such, but I figure where else can I share this and know people get just as excited as I do about all this?? :P

• Like 3

Love the updates! Keep them coming. They do get the routines down quickly, especially as it regards treats. Every day after lunch Kaposia drops her Kong toy at my feet to be filled, and yes, if I'm not on task fast enough (engrossed in Gunsmoke re-runs, retirement is great!) she hops up on the couch next to me and begins gently pawing my arm, "Come on Grammy! Get with it!" Then it's nap time and she konks out for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Amazing how very routine oriented and that's pretty amazing about Kaposia brining you the Kong! I used to fill the Kong before we left the house, so Wyot wouldn't feel forlorn. I'd tell him to watch the house, and we'll be back- but, no worries, he's too busy to respond, because his Kong is so delicious!

...and it's hard not to want to talk about their progress as they grow, as they learn, and their funny, funny antics. I love hearing about how every dog is different, yet not- they have a lot of the same tendencies...like singing, for instance, which cracks me up every time the phone rings and I don't answer it right away, or I go on the toy xylophone, and ask Wyot to sing with me, which he does! It'll be interesting when Kitchee will be allowed into bigger territory into the living room, and I do this...betcha !he will sing too, and I'll have a duet, LOL!!!

Have a great Sunday, all!

Edited by KittynDoc
  • Like 1