Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Deep Freeze In South Dakota

If you have not heard, there is a deep freeze that has hit the South Dakota region, leaving many without water and heat, especially on the reservations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spud ~ Here’s something that should be up on our AI dog forum ~

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

-----Original Message-----

From: RedEarthDescendants [mailto:redearthdescendants@gmail.com]

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:47 AM

Subject: Relief for Cheyenne River and Pine Ridge Rexervations

Below is more info about the deep freeze crisis in South Dakota, which is hitting Indian people on the rez the hardest. Please send this to any and all people who you think might be willing to send help.

Thank you,

Jaimie

Red Earth Descendants

Cc: "skye.lisa@yahoo.com"

Sent: Tue, February 2, 2010 9:37:01 AM

Subject: Support for Cheyenne River People

You won't see it on the news but there are families at the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota without water or fuel. The tribe is working very hard to get them the help they need. We help people all over the world, we should also help our own.

I spoke to Lisa Skye at the Cheyenne River Tribal office. She confirmed the information below from their officialtribal website. Be aware that there are some scams going on so be sure to connect with the people who are really providing the relief efforts. Please keep them in mind when planning fundraising projects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWTWHnvw24...feature=related

Juliana Marez

American Indian Education

Roseburg Oregon

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe

Attn: Chairmen's Office

P.O. Box 590

2001 Main Street

Eagle Butte, SD 57625

Council Representative Office 605-964-6685

More:

Dear Friends and family,

Please help the Hopi:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/201...relief0201.html To see what has happened.

Anita Polacca adopted me 30 years ago. We have always supported her and her family.

Four newborn babies need milk and diapers, and Anita and her family desperately need wood and food.

If you would like to make a donation to the Polacca family:

Please call us with any questions: 541-846-9006,

or email me at: mystichart@msn.com

There is also a Hopi donation button at our website: www.sacredworldpeacealliance.com

or if you would like to help with hands on go to: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/201...relief0201.html

Blessing,

Cynthia

President,

Sacred World Peace Alliance

Thanks for posting the plight of these tribes. I had heard about the Cheyenne River Tribe a little on public radio, but nothing until today on mainstream media. Not that Haiti doesn't deserve attention, but if we can put together relief concerts and telethons for Haiti, why not for our own people? Don't want to get on a soapbox here, the important thing is getting the word out so those who can help are able to.

That is so cool. We love him.

I do not know who he is But I am glade he was able to help the american inidans are so ignored still after all these years the government should have stepped in and hrlped them instead of countries outside the usa that they send billions of dollars to every year out tribe like the navajo would not have to live in gettos conditions .

Dont get me started sorry guys hope I did not insult anyone its that being indian I hate to see the AMerican indian being treated like this thats why so many tribes have lost thier traditions language on and on becaus ethey are ignored invisable

I like Keith too, though sometimes he's a little over the top. But sometimes that is what's needed, and it was awesome of him to bring attention to the Cheyenne. I'm glad his viewers stepped up too!
he's a little over the top

Ha! That is putting it mildly. He's a hoot, but I can't watch him for long. He's like espresso. Ben Affleck did a hysterical impersonation of him on SNL last year (maybe 2 yrs ago) - search Youtube for it if you like Oberman.

I'm so glad he put some much-needed focus on the problem. I donated, but it wasn't much. 185K is much more like it.

Edited by Karen