Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

So I have 2 for you guys.

1: When we got home from the event (Jasper at Sea) I let the dogs out into the yard and they did their usual "Yay, we're Home" sprint around to see what had been there since they had left. Then after a few minutes of wandering they both were fascinated by a particular area under the Rhodies. I let them investigate for a moment then called them off. Particularly, because Jas was Really Wanting To Roll on whatever it was. (usually interestingly smelling bugs..) Didn't think anything of it. Next day.. same thing. Yesterday afternoon, I finally thought I should check out the 'whatever.'

...yeah.. No more "Ode de Dead Bird" for my dogs... Thankfully they didn't eat any, and thankfully it was smushed feathers side up, not entrails and squirming maggots- like the downward side. :)

Gotta love dogs!

2: Told to me by a currently non-dog friend, tho they are on the waiting list now. (and Therese, feel free to correct me..) They were visiting the dog park- learning to read/feel Doglish and such.. Someone was talking about how their dog didn't want to come, and the Drastic (including -'Call dog, when dog eventually comes, reprimand dog for not coming sooner') methods they were employing. If I heard right yesterday, this person is now resorting to a Shock Collar to "control" their dog... Same dog - barely a year old- tried to take a piece out of Mina yesterday, and even snapped at their human when she tried to use the leash. Yeah human, your previous methods are working great.. Now the awesome part-- Therese's 8 yr old son told them, in total childlike innocence, "Well, if you would call your dog, and give it a treat when it comes, it will want to come to you more often.."

Gotta love Kids!

:P Out of the mouth of babes! I love it. Great story Star. Don't you wish you were there to witness it all?

Don't you wish you were there to witness it all?

Oh heck yes!