Thanksgiving Dogs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Sitka is donating to our local food bank.  He challenges his brethren to do the same, and post a picture.

sitkathanks.jpg

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Heh heh - I DID notice it's not his food - well maybe he eats pumpkin ....  LOL!

Our grocery chain, Publix, does a "Food for Sharing" campaign each year leading up to major holidays - we donate at the register for "recipe cards" and Publix takes the dollars combining 'recipe' quantities scanned and turns it into food cases and sends to participating food banks!  MAGIC!

It's also

(No picture because they won't let Tayamni in the grocery store  -_-)

Attached Thumbnails

• NOV2015_PublixFFS1.jpg
  • PRESS-2014-Publix-Coupon-Flyer-788x1024 FFS Publix.jpg

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

So excellent.  Very kind.  How cool is that? That is so beautiful that your local stores give to charity and allow you to help (foot the bill?).  Sorry lost the thread. It's all good, right?  

No, really, it is good that they make it easy for you to help.  

I do appreciate what they do.  I have just been a little disenchanted with some of the groups I have come up against in our neighborhood.  Hope the best for yours.

But give us an extra pic of Tayamni.  That is food for us.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

We added dry beans, rice, and peanut butter, and delivered today.  Sitka was right there with me.

Our little town had a sign up saying that, because of lack of food, people could only shop once a month. If that doesn't break your  heart....

And here I am choosing to diet.  

So I urge you all to give something to your local food banks.  They need dog food, too.

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users