Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2010/post-3-1288637399.jpg

Teshunke Witko

Translation: Chief Crazy Horse

Affectionately: L'il Chief

Owners: Larry Germain and Judy Kosloski

Northern Michigan

love the name but wise to all look out he has the same look my Malachi did and still does full of himself and love everything about life

So handsome! Love the eyes for sure...what color are Larry's? Hard to tell B)

Larry's eyes are black -- it's that Native American blood! Of the seven of these little guys we've had, Chief is sooooo different. He's really a special pup. It's too bad you can't see my husband's ink -- he has all six of the dogs on him. When "LC" is full grown -- from the face -- he'll be somewhere on Larry. He has Crazy Horse on the inside of his left arm so LC will probably go there.

Edited by judyk

Handsome pup

-and human :)

Love the light smudge up the middle of his nose- so cute!

Funny you mention ink- I was thinking of getting a tat of Jasper's paw print. B)

You can get an ink pad, and try it out in a few places.

You can get an ink pad, and try it out in a few places.

Oooo clever!

Yeah- I'm just not sure where.

You missed seeing Trevor's and my art at the gathering- yes?

But yeah I've wanted a dog-paw print for a long time.

That and the Practical Joke Fairy... pointy blue japaneseish style non-cute dragonfly wings

Yeah I'm weird :DB)

Hey Judy, great looking pup. And get a load of those ears. B) He looks like he has a little bit of a smile going showing contentment. Have fun.

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2010/post-3-1288637399.jpg

Teshunke Witko

Translation: Chief Crazy Horse

Affectionately: L'il Chief

Owners: Larry Germain and Judy Kosloski

Northern Michigan

Stunning absolutely Stunning and Handsome.....I want another puppy!!!

I have a tattoo picked out to represent my two and my wolf do0g I had to give up I just need rh $ and the person to do it it very detailed

Oooo clever!

Yeah- I'm just not sure where.

You missed seeing Trevor's and my art at the gathering- yes?

But yeah I've wanted a dog-paw print for a long time.

That and the Practical Joke Fairy... pointy blue japaneseish style non-cute dragonfly wings

Yeah I'm weird :DB)

I have a tattoo picked out to represent my two and my wolf do0g I had to give up I just need rh $ and the person to do it it very detailed

Too bad you're not in Michigan. The artist that did all of Larry's work is great. Each of the dogs looks exactly like themselves. He has a dream catcher with the three that we have lost in it. On one arm he has our first AID, Willie; on his chest he has Tsaga with her mythical goddess behind her and on the other side he has Bleu and himself! Too bad you couldn't see all the art because it is amazing. Like I said once Lil Chief is fully grown I'm sure his head will go along side Crazy Horse on the other arm!!! In all the years he worked as a cop and the Chief, no officer could have ink that could be seen from under the uniform but when Larry retired all hell broke loose! He opened the floodgate for ink!!! My mother-in-law is turning over in her crypt!!!!

Wasn't Willie the famous AIDog that was on the Today Show? Tell us about that.

I went to see if they had archives for it, but I did not find them.

Wasn't Willie the famous AIDog that was on the Today Show? Tell us about that.

I went to see if they had archives for it, but I did not find them.

Yep, Allison, you are absolutely correct! Willie was the PERFECT AIDog. Kim called Larry and asked him to take Willie to NY, which he did. The entire Today Show cast was very impressed with the breed. The animal 'shrink' that interviewed Larry was absolutely intrigued by the breed and, Willie, well he was much more interested in the cat that was on the table next to him. He was a wonderful experience to represent the ultimate mutt breed!!!

Thanks for asking! But I really wish you all could see the memorials to all six of our kids on Larry!!!

I might have a picture of some of them...

tatoolarry.jpg

Cool! Those are the first two! The dreamcatcher has the three that are no longer with us -- Willie, Zi and Joe. The second ink is that of the next two - Shadow and Bleu. The others are on the other arm and the chest. Tsaga is on Larry's chest with her mythical chief and, of course, the little guy isn't on the 'canvas' yet -- probably next year!!

JudyK

Each dog looks slightly different within the dream catcher. I bet their personalities were captured perfectly. Fabulous art work/ink. WOW!

Hey Judy, did I miss something, what is "Spout Dogs" about? What does that mean? B)

Each dog looks slightly different within the dream catcher. I bet their personalities were captured perfectly. Fabulous art work/ink. WOW!

Hey Judy, did I miss something, what is "Spout Dogs" about? What does that mean? :)

The top of the dream catcher says Spirit Dogs -- hard to read from that angle. Each one of our seven AIDS have had extremely different personalities -- all gentle but different. That's actually Joe's paw print and the blue ball is all that Zi played with! The two on his chest are very striking but no pictures on the internet!!!!

He is adorable, Judy!!! And Larry's artwork captured my heart too! (Hails from a fellow tattooed freak...LOL).

I can see that this little one is going to be another dead ringer for the line from Echo! Is she his momma?

Wish you could see all the dog art! The 'inker' is truly talented!

This kiddo is from Senoma and Rowdy! He's getting a chip because he is way too friendly even as a pup! They're all 'release word' trained but this one -- LOVES people. You should drive up and meet all of them!!

JudyK

I'm actually over on the lakeshore this week...how far are you guys from Warren Dunes? I'm supposed to be in lock down to finish the dissertation, but I may need a little break by Thursday or Friday! LOL...as long as there is no snow...if within a few hours?

You can send email or PM to let me know...for the life of me, I can't remember where you guys are! LOL

This kiddo is from Senoma and Rowdy! He's getting a chip because he is way too friendly even as a pup! They're all 'release word' trained but this one -- LOVES people. You should drive up and meet all of them!!

JudyK

Awesome pics! Awesome looking dog too. Looks like the dog my husband wanted. We got the one Kim picked for us instead. We love her to pieces, but my husband really wanted a dark boy with blue eyes. He will be jealous. I would LOVE to see Larry's other tats. Would it be possible for you to post them Judy?? Or is he too shy??

oh yeah and every time the pic comes up when I go to the forum, I am always torn between interpretations of Larry's expression.

A: Totally at peace, enjoying the pup

B: Saying internal 'He is just a puppy and will grow out of it, and into a fabulous dog.' mantra..

LOL

:(

I was thinking similar thoughts, S. I fell in love with picture as soon as I saw it.

I love the juxtaposition of the man's expression, to the dog's. The man could be thinking of all the work ahead, or all the dangers, while the little pup is so open, and ready to rush head on into life.

The best part being the certainty that the two will mix: the pup will gain wisdom, and the man will feel alive.

• 1 month later...

JudyK

Hi Judy,

I believe I have L'il Chief's brother. He is from Senoma and Rowdy's July litter. I would love to exchange pictures as they grow.

LOVE the ink!

Swade