Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sita Flower

Rather than werewolf, we call it were-hound and were-dog.

We've seen the ancient beast come out in both Draco & Wicca. We stand in awe of the primal, pure intensity.

Most other domesticated dogs don't want to mess with that and quickly get that "No means no."

And, to think, that were-beast brings it all humbly and gently into control in loving service to its Alpha.

That's an awesome responsibility we all share.

• Like 3
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone this is Sita. I'm in love with her   She is a blackberry pup from Tonka and Chaco...I kinda had the feeling one of them might be for us.   It all happened very fast. Kim called us o

Hi everyone. Sita Flower here It's been a long time since I wrote, I know. I was busy hanging out with my adopted pack at Greg's house in Oregon while my dad was hiking around the Himalayas and st

So it's been a little while...I've never woofed with you all directly, but I see that my cousins have been doing that, and it sounded like fun. Here's me under the table. Dad was happy to get this one

Posted Images

Sri I am glad it turned out well. I have found that most owners are clueless about dog body language unless the dog is very obviously unfriendly. I am often amazed at what people will bring into the Petco. I am glad you picked up on the signs.

• Like 2

WOW!

• Like 1

Guess I'm "chicken." When we head for the dog park, we first walk the path around it and if we feel comfortable with vibes coming from the inside, then we go in. If not, we walk the path and visit with other kids, dogs and their people. Going to meet Greg and Anoki there this morning. Should be a good time.

• Like 1
Rather than werewolf, we call it were-hound and were-dog.

We've seen the ancient beast come out in both Draco & Wicca. We stand in awe of the primal, pure intensity.

Most other domesticated dogs don't want to mess with that and quickly get that "No means no."

And, to think, that were-beast brings it all humbly and gently into control in loving service to its Alpha.

That's an awesome responsibility we all share.

Gib you hit it on the head with your words. Awe was definitely a part of it for me, I can't shake the image of pure assertive wildness from my brain...wow. Very humbling indeed to steward such a being through the world. She was half 'were-ed' when I picked her up from the scrum, I made eye contact with her to be sure it was okay to pick her up at that moment, and even though she was still somewhat 'popped' she trusted me and let me. Feeling blessed.

• Like 1

Great story and photos. Dog parks are interesting places to see how unaware owners can be.

Saw the "Were-dog" come out in Coyo one time, when these 3 Pits kept nipping at his heels. I watched it over and over, and called loudly to him to just keep moving when they would converge on him. Loud enough that the owners could hear. He really tried to just stay out of their way, and of course he could outrun them, but there was this moment, when he'd had enough. He became a force.

And of course the owners pretended to be unaware.

Actually, that day changed him. The dog park was never very fun after that, and we stopped going (inner city:too many dogs).

Good that you took the opportunity to show Sita that you are on her side, that you are a team.

We started spending more time in the woods, and developed some excellent teamwork that I am very proud of.

• Like 3

Gib you hit it on the head with your words. Awe was definitely a part of it for me, I can't shake the image of pure assertive wildness from my brain...wow. Very humbling indeed to steward such a being through the world. She was half 'were-ed' when I picked her up from the scrum, I made eye contact with her to be sure it was okay to pick her up at that moment, and even though she was still somewhat 'popped' she trusted me and let me. Feeling blessed.

OK. It's just eerie.

Here's pictures I've tried to take when the were-dog shows up in the shadows the dogs cast....

Were-dog.jpg

So, I wrote what I wrote. Then, I packed up with Draco & Wicca for a walk around the neighborhood.

We got less than two blocks. Around a corner comes a little fuzzy terrier looking dog off leash -- unusual for the neighborhood.

Before I had a chance to say, "Nice doggie" it attacked Wicca. Not a defensive action but full-tilt aggressive attack.

Out comes "were-Wicca" and immediately knocks the dog over and is beginning to go in for the ..... All the dogs and all the action are on the ground. I had no time for conscious decisions -- I took the most immediate action I could.....

I kicked the other dog as far as I could to get it away from Wicca... and it turns and attacks again. Wicca turns if over again and I kick it again.

this time it turns and attacks Draco. Out comes were-Draco. I got the little dog away from him and kicked it again. This time, it went far enough that it didn't come back for more.

Upon closer examination, we found no punctures in our dogs except on Draco's tongue. It looks fine now and probably from his own doing.

~~~~

Turns out that it is an unknown stray in the neighborhood. And now, I feel bad about kicking the poor, likely lost and frightened little thing.

But, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I keep telling myself it was the only thing to do in that situation. Better than letting my were-dogs kill it and then try to explain to the owner or the authorities.

Please, dear god of dogs, forgive me.

• Like 3

Ahhh Gib, that is intense! I know that feeling...no time to think...protect the family from the hyper-aggressive thing! Throwing itself at your dogs like that, coming back for more and more, my first thought is: rabies? or what? Please go easy on yourself, you were very brave.

The kill or be killed that is part of daily life for so many creatures in this world just visited you...So glad you are all okay. Prayers for the lost, crazed, and possibly sick dog. Whew

• Like 1

Stretching neither the bounds of credulity or the fabric of the universe I feel that Sita's experience fore-shadowed and, perhaps, even prepared us to successfully handle the situation.

The timing is just too immaculate.

Thank you Sita. Bless you.

• Like 2

Gib,

Love the pictures!!!!! :D

Sorry to hear about your experience.

You did what was needed in that moment to save all the animals and yourself, (including the attacking terrier).

Glad to hear EVERYONE is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that pink was a fetching color. I had no idea.

;)

Hahahaha!

Gee Gib, that is a tough situation. I feel for ya, man.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a little while...I've never woofed with you all directly, but I see that my cousins have been doing that, and it sounded like fun. Here's me under the table. Dad was happy to get this one he think my eyes look really smiley and cool IMAG1638.jpg I must have been having a very nice dream, I've been having a lot of fun lately as you will see soon. IMAG1641.jpg One of my auntie's posted here, wondering whether other dogs had cowlick patterns on the backs of their legs: I do I do! IMAG1642.jpg At home the funnest thing for sure is my brother Tanka, when we hang out it's hard for dad to get a clear picture because we are running, growling, and chewing on each other so much IMAG1693.jpg He's my bro and I love him IMAG1661.jpg We go to the dog park all the time. Yeah, I don't mean to brag, but my life is awesome. Here I am with my best dog-park friend Tara, she's so cool IMAG1707.jpg But sometimes I get afraid she's going to bite my face off, her teeth are SOOOO big! IMAG1703.jpg Really the best thing I ever get to do is go to the beach. Dang I love the beach, Dad loves it as much as me so we go a lot and it's not far from where we live. I'm getting really good at climbing rocks, I'm actually brave. It's true. IMAG1730.jpg I feel proud when I get to the top IMAG1736.jpg Dad is always trying to get a good 'selfie' with me, whatever that is....sometimes I let him IMAG1726.jpg See you later, I'll be bigger then. I'm so big now that I am kind of tough, I don't take any grrr or woof from big dogs that like to step on me and stuff...I really let them have it, I puff up my neck and make snarly sounds and show them my big new front teeth and let them know I'm getting bigger all the time (Dad says I weigh 21 pounds now. So there). Okay bye

• Like 7

Hello Sita.;) It is good hearing from you and seeing the picture updates.

• Like 2

Sita, your wild intelligence, vital strength and wily character radiate brilliantly out to me in that last closeup....

So very good to SEE you. Or is that, see YOU.

• Like 3

Thanks Sita for your post and all the pictures! :)

That's neat that you and your cousin have the swirl on the same side. I'll let her know ^_^

She's not as brave as you yet when it comes to adult dogs at the dog park.

Glad you know how to stand up for yourself already.

Would love to see a pic with you all bristly, as long as your not going to be hurt.

Auntie

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey All. Just wanted to share that Sita's spay yesterday went just fine. I'm such a fretful papa sometimes, I was scared at how out of it she was last night (kinda knew she probably would be, but she could barely keep her feet and would not eat or drink. I breathed a sigh of relief when the morning found her awake and alive...i know, i know, how dramatic. It's true though). She slept, with her soft cone, in her crate like a log...and this morning, the Sita that I know and love is starting to emerge full force. 1st post operation: pee...check. poop...check (twice!). full sized meal...check. big slurps of water, finally...check. sitting at the window and barking...check. She even appeared to be ready to drag me down the street when I ventured a short walk before I put the kibosh on that (for such a slender being, she has a broad and strong chest! More like arms than front legs in a unique AI dog way, anybody else notice this?)...I'll take her out for a short walk with her pinch collar soon so there will be no straining. On the mend quickly it seems. It's gonna be a challenge to keep her relatively still...maybe I will try benadryl ala Denise...

• Like 3

Very happy to hear everything is going well. Hang in there.

• Like 1

I'm glad it's better today. It's true what you said about the power we have over their lives and the responsibility that goes with that. I too felt regret over Fixing such rare and wonderful animals. I thought about if heaven forbid something were to happen at sdk. Would that be the end of this breed? I am very happy to see Greg and allysa getting involved. I hope Kim has tucked a few breeders out there like Peter'S dog and wasnt sitka a candidate at one time?

• Like 2

sita cone.jpg Well Sita is just so indomitable I have concluded here on day 3 of her recovery. Her mood is bright, even living with her comfy cone, which by the way seems to have been a good choice for us after researching a few cone options...the full protection of the E collar, but much more palatable than the plastic ones...we ordered it on Amazon. For anyone curious, we got the small/long based on the measurements they offered, but it is JUST barely wide enough to go around her neck on it's most open setting, a medium would probably be a better bet. Sita weighed in at 23 pounds at the vet. I'm just amazed at how 'on-line' she is, our gentle vet did an excellent job, the incision is tiny and there is no brushing. Sita is resuming full life now, wanting to play with our other pups, tug of war with me, and frolic around the house as she does...I am working hard to make all of these activities on the slower and gentler side. She even seems to be finding ways of being playful with her cone, and it is kinda cute the way the cone bobs from side to side as she jogs along tee hee. A moment that is hard to express but was so beautiful to witness, is several times I've taken her cone off as she was laying down in a mellow mood, just to give her a break, and she has so gently brought her front paws up to her head, and slowly rubbed her faced with her paw-hands...a real sense of wonder...it is such a human looking tender self-care looking thing that it took my breath away I do remove her cone and collar in favor of her pinch collar for walks, to give her some relief and also to make sure she doesn't strain and pull...and the pattern is developing, as soon as we are close to the house on our return for her to go kinda nuts and start turning in circles, playfully biting her leash, pretty much spazzing out just getting her ya-yas out before we enter the house and...the cone goes back on. Which, to my relief, she is very surrendered to, she does not run from me or resist in any way when I soothingly put it back on her. Such trust

• Like 3

She looks a bit other-worldly in that cone. Space station Sita.

I had to look:

Sita Flower

• Like 1
Wow Allison thank you! I did not know until this very moment that a Sita Flower is, besides my wondrous AI dog, an actual thing...Yee freaking haw!

Wow! I don't think the flowers do Sita's eyes justice! Her eyes are so soulful and inspiring!!!!!!!!

• Like 1