Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Register Your Dogs!

Kim has asked me to remind people to register their dogs.

I know, I'm one to talk. Never cared much, but had to register Sitka as a breeder, and let me say, I just got the final papers for both dogs, and they are absolutely beautiful!

I'm going to frame them.

• Like 1
So guilty...and glad I'm not the only one...but missing in action paperwork is driving me crazy!!!

This post has absolutely nothing to do with registering our kids -- just wanted to share that Lil Chief is a year old today! Almost a perfect year ... note I said almost ... last night he decided that my shoe was bothering his toy and my shoe somehow got used to make a point that he didn't like my shoe near his toy and moved it ... in many parts! Got home and just knew there was something Larry wanted to share but really didn't ... well, happy birthday to Chief and his siblings!!!!

JudyK in Northern Michigan where it's humid as all hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE MAKE A POINT TO REGISTER YOUR PUP...IT'S PART OF THE WHOLE PROGRAM AND WHAT WE AND KIM ARE PROUD OF!!!!!! AID! WHOOORAHHHHH!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Help me out, what do I need to do? I think it would be fun to have a certificate (Maybe I can present it at the vet so they will not put that he is a mutt and also not put that he is a NAID).

When we had Hawk neutered we sent a copy from the vet to IIDOBA. In turn and small fee we received a certificate from Kim as well as Hawks "family tree". If that is what your talking about "registering".

Lisa

wow Ifeel lie a wierdo :) I registered my guys with in weeks and lisa I sent a copy of the neutered papers to kim so he does not worry abvout having friskey pups around I have thier papers framed but malachis came in faded looking like it was a copy instead of original Snakes printing is fine but they stay in frames now the family tree is put away in thier vet files

• Like 1

Linda,

I did the same. We had Hawk for two days and we had him fixed. The next day I sent off the paper work. I love beging able to see Hawk's ancestors as well as their names. Hawks great great grandma was the famous Dusty Roads, who died I believe only a few months ago. She was almost 20.

Linda,

I did the same. We had Hawk for two days and we had him fixed. The next day I sent off the paper work. I love beging able to see Hawk's ancestors as well as their names. Hawks great great grandma was the famous Dusty Roads, who died I believe only a few months ago. She was almost 20.

Linda, when you say "being able to see Hawk's ancestors", does the paper work come with photos of the family tree dogs? I have not yet received our pup so I don't know what the paper work is all about yet.

How cool would that be huh?? The family tree!! Above Lisa stated she turned hers in with a small fee and got it. RoyS don't know for sure.... so don't quote me... maybe there are different ones you can get when you register. If you pay a little bit more to get a more detailed one?? :D

ok, to sum things up.

Before you sent paper work back to Kim via IIDOBA you had to send a copy of the spay or neuter and I think it was $25 handling fee. Also, we had to send a picture of Hawk standing in different poses. Kim would choose the one that goes onto the "family tree" page.

You don't get to see pictures of his ancestors but the names of who sired who and their parents and their parents and their parents, etc...

The paper he sends back at least mine was very nice. It was on very special paper, and almost like it was notorized and had his signiture.

Things may be different, that was a long time ago. Hawk turned 8 on christmas.

Do any of you watch Dogs 101 on Animal Planet. Well, about 4-5 years ago Hawk was on it. Before a commercial they ask a question and then you get the answer when they return. The question was " what dogs are also referred to as Song Dogs?" One of the pictures I sent Kim for Hawks registration was the one they used on Animal Planet. COOl!

The registration papers come with a limited family history on it. There aren't any pictures or things like that but just enough so you'll have an idea of your pup's heritage. It's interesting! Kim keeps the pictures of the posed pups from the right side and of the eyes for his records. Imagine how big his family tree is!!!!! It's a true forest, if you will!!

Lisa, when you say you had Hawk for two days and then got him fixed is that because you got him when he was older? We don't get new puppies fixed that fast do we?

SKG,

Your right, pups don't get fixed early. We got Hawk when he was 5 1/2 months. We were looking for an older dog when we went down to see Kim. When we got to his place we were greeted by Hawk and another older dog named Yannis. We were hooked as soon as we saw him. Hawk and his brother Scout were kept until this age because Kim wasn't sure which of the brothers he wanted to keep for breeding. I don't think Kim made his decision about which pup until that morning just before we arrived. I know when we meet Arlene she was sad to see Hawk go but also happy for us as well. Scout fathered some very beautiful pups. You may know two of them, Jay Silverheels and Sedona.

Jay is K'ne's dad :)

wow Star were related!!!!! Ha Ha

The boy surgery is much easier - I think you said yours was one of the boys? We've been very happy with this inflatable dog collar instead of the dread cone.

http://www.marystack.com/inflatable-protective-dog-or-cat-collar-alternative-to-cone-collar-xs.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=inflatable-protective-dog-or-cat-collar-alternative-to-cone-collar-xs&gclid=CJfiw_ne-rQCFUQw4AodURgAtw

We used it for Tara's spay 8 years ago, her knee surgery and she has asked to wear it just for comforting. It seems to be calming plus with the plastic cone of doom the dogs bash into things and get bashed but this inflatable is like a bumper.

LoL- we have the inflatable 'nerf-neck' as we call it.

Problem was, K'ne was too long of nose and could still reach. So we made the carpet collar. Worked great, and fits all 3 dogs :)

• 1 year later...

This is just a reminder for all the new puppy owners to register your puppy as soon as you possibly can. Many puppies have gone to new homes since August, which means there are many registration papers which need to be completed and returned.

With the excitement of a new puppy and the stress of the holiday season which is upon us, it is easy to misplace the paperwork or just forget to send the paperwork in. Please take a few moments to complete the registration paperwork and send it in as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I've got the paperwork filled out. Will get the pics as soon as pup is still long enough while awake - LOL! WORKING ON IT!

• Like 1

Not sure this pic is good, but should give you an idea of registration papers. These are Coyo's:

coyosregpapers2.jpg

They really are quite beautiful and fit to be framed. Of course the point is to help Kim keep track of the dogs. We all want to help with that.

Warning: These are an older version, and no longer used. If you are given one of these now, it is not one of our dogs. A newer version, one from The IPDBA will follow.

• Like 2

Thank you Allison. A visual always helps.