Kim Has A Power Outage

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Several feet of snow and no power, Kim is unavailable by phone or Internet.  It will be at least another day and a half before he has power.  Trees have been downed, and Greg and he have been mending fences, etc.

Don't worry, the pups are safe and warm in their igloos.

I know some people are anxious for their new arrivals, but you must hold on and wait just a little longer until travel and shipping are safe.

Greg says Lake Selmac is partially frozen, and he is going to try and get some pictures for us.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hope they get power back soon! Stay safe, all!

#3 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Thanks for the update...hope all continues to go well.

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#4 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 899 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

Greg says Lake Selmac is partially frozen, and he is going to try and get some pictures for us.

Here are a few photos taken yesterday of Lake Selmac.  This was two days after the last big snowfall.

Attached Files

#5 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1707 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Been watching the weather channel.  Seems like that area got hit pretty hard and more weather coming in.

Praying all are safe!  (All the people and animals on the farm, and all of you affected in the area)  :wub:

I hope Kim has a generator for his house or a wood or gas stove!

Thank you Greg for all the work you are doing!  You are truly walking the walk  ^_^

#6 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

OK enough already … now we have 4 days of snow on top of this. We are going to have lots of flooding. I’ve put sandbags all around the house – At least the dogs love it - 

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

Attached File  sdkinsnow20171.jpg   157.94K   34 downloadsAttached File  sdkinsnow20172.jpg   82.41K   37 downloads

Spoke with Kim yesterday, and the flooding is a serious issue.  He has filled all the sandbags that he has, and is anxious.  

Everyone keep your fingers crossed, and send "DRY" vibes.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#7 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Oh, my!!! I will send many "dry" and loving vibes to Kim and all at Songdog....stay safe! 

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

Yes, its flooding, last night it snowed … shoveled off the bridge today & while I was on the bridge for about an hour … water level came up 5” … then when I finished it snowed again, about 5” it’s raining now, so we will see tomorrow how it goes. Pretty scary … talk soon.  

Server went down yesterday so couldn’t send this … today the stream is over the banks & the pasture is a giant mushy iceberg moving this way. I put ruts across the pasture with the tractor, couple days ago through the snow, its working so far diverting the water, but we will see how long that lasts. Doesn’t look good you can see it moving, talk soon.

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

--David Dunning

#9 Emmburr

Emmburr

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, utimate frisbee, hiking, climbing, camping, generally being in the mountains, reading, video games and all things nerdy.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

This is my first post, I haven't posted anything because I was a bit nervous but this is too important to let that get in the way! Is there anything we can do to help? I live in NY so I don't think I can be there physically but can I send any donations of any kind? I will definitely have Kim and the rest of Songdog in my thoughts. Hope conditions improve soon!

#10 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Emmburr, you are very kind.  We will let people know if there is a way to contribute.  So nice of you to ask. Thank you so much.

--David Dunning

#11 Emmburr

Emmburr

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, utimate frisbee, hiking, climbing, camping, generally being in the mountains, reading, video games and all things nerdy.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

Of course, Allison! Please let us know if we can do anything to help. Asking is the least I could do. Kim is doing so much for this breed we all love. If I can contribute even a tiny bit to his efforts I'd be beyond happy.

#12 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

If I am ever needed ill be there. 

#13 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:44 AM

How is everything now?

#14 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Spoke with Kim this morning. He said the danger is past, but they sustained a lot of damage. Dogs are all fine, but he told me that Greg and he had to quickly move some to higher ground.   He told me that barn where he keeps his bikes had two feet of water in it.  It all sounded a bit harrowing.

Kim told me how thankful he was that Greg was there to help.  Said he couldn't have done it without him. 

Thanks from all of us, as well.

Now to rebuild.

--David Dunning

#15 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1707 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

I think Emmburr has a great idea!

I don't have much on my own, but if you set up a gofundme page or paypal or something for donations I'm sure with a bit from many of us - it could get him some real help for supplies & rebuilding!

Let us know!

Thank you Allison for keeping us posted & updated through all this!

#16 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:09 AM

I would like to help...since I'm on the East Coast sending a donation would be how I could do that!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#17 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Go fund me is a great idea! We can help that way.

#18 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

I think its a great idea too... I have never set one up but I think its pretty easy...let me know if I can help always up to learn new skills...We are grateful for the rain here but I know it is causing some trouble for folks... we are sending love.

#19 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

Yes. We are already on it.  Have to iron out a few details.

Thanks Denise and everyone.

--David Dunning

#20 Emmburr

Emmburr

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

I'm pretty computer savvy (I'm studying computer science) so if you need any computer help, or have any computer tasks you don't have time for, I'd love to volunteer my time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users