Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Retired Breeders For Adoption

Song Dog Kennels will be retiring several breeders this year. It's a great way to get a second dog without the extra burden of a pup. Our retired breeders make excellent pets.

Stay tuned for more.

• Like 4
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it is long past time to update this. Nova has been adopted out to a home in southern Oregon. Ice Blue and Peyote are still available. We can also add Chawa and Fawn to the list. A picture of

I have Blue Bird (Blue), a retired breeder who is eight years old. At SDK, Blue was in a compound with seven in the pack and she was not the top dog. When I brought her home, she only had Anoki here.

Posted Images

Prices vary and are arranged through Kim La Flamme.

Pictures soon.

• Like 1

Here are the first three.

Ice Blue-Female Age 7

iceblue-F.jpg

Peyote-Female Age 7

peyote-F.jpg

Nova-Male Age 8

(Greg says he always puts his ears back when he points the camera at him.)

Nove-M.jpg

Another (younger) picture, left side column here.

• Like 3

This would be an interesting way to increase the pack!

Since there aren't other AI Dogs close by to visit with - I am really fascinated [/i](in awe / captivated / intrigued /transfixed .. can't find the proper feeling)[/i]] by the way the two at my house play together and have

bonded over the months as the 2nd pup has grown. They have different lineages and go about things a little different and still understand each other :ph34r: innately.

In a few years when it comes time, maybe there will be more retiring -- and Kim will have one that fits into the dynamics here ^_^

I love puppies too!!!! :wub: but this is a great way to give back and forward also!

(after all, these are the dogs that did their part in carrying on the AI Dog

AND they are making way for the next generations to give life!)

Edited by Denise E.
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

There have been no takers as of yet. One or two inquiries but that is it. These three retirees are wonderful dogs and should fit in with any family, in my opinion.

• Like 2

How does ice blue feel about cats? She has a cute smile.

To the best of my knowledge, Ice Blue has been an outside dog and has not had any real exposure to Kim's cats inside the house. Icy does have a cute smile and an awesome personality to go along with that smile.

• Like 1

I look at these retirees as the "TOP DOGS" of SDK. Kim wouldn't have kept them as breeders if they weren't. Talk about an opportunity to get the "pick of the litter." :D

• Like 4

they're all 3 beautiful. I wish I could take one of them, but with Bandit and Kito already, I just don't think we have enough yard...yet. :)

I'm trying :-/ ...trying to get my own place instead of renting...it's a slow process though...ugh! Nova is Chhaya's father...she doesn't like her picture taken either!

• 3 weeks later...

where is ice blue living right now? I would like to get some more info on her...I just lost my dog and am at loose ends being dogless and on the waiting list... we are coming to the gathering ..will she be there??

• Like 1

Unless she has been placed, you can count on seeing here at the Gathering. She is lovely.

• Like 2

how do i get a bit more info on her?? We are considering...should i email Kim? Thanks so much..

• Like 1

Yes. Email Kim. He will be very glad to hear from you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know kim is real busy with pups but I haven't heard on Icey, has she found a home?

I'll ask. Icey....I like that.

• Like 1

Ice Blue is still available. I will PM you recent details.

• 4 months later...

Well it is long past time to update this. Nova has been adopted out to a home in southern Oregon. Ice Blue and Peyote are still available. We can also add Chawa and Fawn to the list. A picture of these dogs can be found on the Breeders Page for the moment. There are also two younger dogs available, one male and one female. Both dogs are a 1 1/2 to 2 years old.

Anyone wanting more information on any of the available dogs, please send Kim an email.

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

We have a couple; Dave & Liz Williams in FL, that are wanting to come out to pick up Nikki & possibly another older dog & while driving across country have offered to transport other older dogs to any new owners along the way. – I will give you more details as we go – thanks -

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years -- www.indiandogs.com

• Like 6