Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Looking For A New Home For Bandit

counting the days must be hard. I'm so excited for you!!!! :wub:

He will like you, then love you - I don't think he's a grumpy ole' man. I've pictured him traveling (by car) and walking in a canyon like area, like he owns it (maybe a bathroom walk or a hike for gathering stuff) to me it would be sage or basalt rocks but for you - who knows!!!!

I don't know the dog - or- what this meant but it had a really good feeling!

I'm sure I'll have the same type of butterflies someday when I get 'the call' :D .

Anti - ci -pation .... is making me wait! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">:D

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already an amazing first few days. I'm blown away how fast he is settling in and getting used to things. I have also received flops on the foot multiple times, tuck-ins at bedtime and good morning k

Congratulations mommom on being a mom. Guess you will be mommommom and when the puppy comes....

I knew he'd love ya!   Great pictures of him - he's gorgeous!!!   I'm sure it was hard for the previous family to have to give him up - BUT - EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR THE BEST!!!! YES! (

Posted Images

Deer MomMommm,

Me think BAndit like you because you have good heart and he have good heart. Unless you bad axe murderer he like you.

Maybe you make pretty smell like rub steak on pants. Roll in some cheese. I make pretty smell for my girl. She like.

Also take for lots of walks like with me and me mommy. and have good toy offering. Me like mommy pocket because treets in there. Also sleep in blanky and under bed. My spot for me.

Luv Waki..

askwaki.jpg

Heee Heee I Iike pretty smell. Also toy and hugs with sleep on the bed. I think BandDit maybe miss old family and be confused for a while. IT ok. Just love him. I miss Kim house for a while. Think new family might go away. But they didn't so I happy.

hugs, Caaaake

askcake.jpg

• Like 3

WOW! Those dogs DO say it best-est!!!!!

With a bit of time getting used to all the changes, he's gunna LOVE you :wub: for ever.

thank you all so much!! :D I needed that!!!

Such sweet people and sweet puppy dogs! :lol:

Edited by mommom
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: Bandit has been home with us for a few days now and he continues to pleasantly surprise us. He's probably too smart for his own good (seems to run in the family) and very, very obedient. Kudos to his First Family for the work they did with him.

We took him on his first walk around the neighborhood last night so he could get acquainted with all the local sights, sounds and smells. He replied to much p-mail. Mid-way through our walk we happened upon another group of people and their dogs. Three people, five dogs. Bandit was an absolute gentleman and even though he was terribly excited obeyed Sit commands. The first couple required a gentle reminder but every command after that was followed immediately. Of course he was given immediate praise for following instructions. All in all, a fantastic evening walk around the park. Can't wait to do it again.

Now if I can just get him to stop barking at everything he hears or thinks he hears in the middle of the night..... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Awesome!

You can try to train him to "sleepy time music". We have a bed time song from a meditation CD that we play. It puts everyone to sleep. Ritual and habit are your friend. If there's thunder or other noises during the night we just restart the CD. GSD tested, mom recommended :)

• Like 1

Already an amazing first few days. I'm blown away how fast he is settling in and getting used to things. I have also received flops on the foot multiple times, tuck-ins at bedtime and good morning kisses on the nose as a wake-up two days running now! :wub::lol: You would think he had known the routine all along. Cray-cray!

What an awesome traveler!

Happy on the ride back:

Bandit1.PNG

Lounging at Uncle's house...

Bandit2.PNG

Soaking up some sun in the back yard..

Bandit3.PNG Bandit4.PNG]

Just sitting close to mom in the living room.

Bandit5.PNG Bandit6.PNG

More to come!

A huge thank you again to Dave. I am so pleasantly amazed at how sweet, obedient, calm, and happy this boy is. (not that I didn't expect a high level, but shoot!) It is clear that they worked together patiently and diligently, and as Tim said, it showed in spades on our walk last night. Bandit was, and will be, a wonderful ambassador for the breed to a whole neighborhood and more of folks. Every person he meets is struck with how beautiful he is and comments on it. The next thing they ask is, "Is he a German Shepherd?" ^_^

The Texas Bandit has arrived. ^_^

Edited by mommom
  • Like 4

:wub: I knew he'd love ya!

Great pictures of him - he's gorgeous!!! :D

I'm sure it was hard for the previous family to have to give him up - BUT - EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR THE BEST!!!! YES!

(and he has a great new family!)

It is a testament to Kim and his ancestors that these dogs are so adaptable. It reminds me of what Chinatola said about the puppy personality even after being separated from littermates and plane rides. Dave also needs credit on raising Bandit so well and for making such a hard decision.

Mommom, so HAPPY to read your joyous posts!

• Like 3

Kudos to all involved, David and Family, Mommom and family, the decisions that had to be made, and the bucket of love they were made with for Bandit. :wub:

• Like 1