Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Looking For A New Home For Bandit

So back to Bandit - honestly this is a rare opportunity to have a house broken, already teethed young adult dog. If you pair that with a puppy it's heaven because the adult dog takes all the chewing, jumping and energy that would otherwise be directed at you. I can tell you that having an older dog that is trained rubs off on the puppy and also makes your life easier too.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already an amazing first few days. I'm blown away how fast he is settling in and getting used to things. I have also received flops on the foot multiple times, tuck-ins at bedtime and good morning k

Congratulations mommom on being a mom. Guess you will be mommommom and when the puppy comes....

I knew he'd love ya!   Great pictures of him - he's gorgeous!!!   I'm sure it was hard for the previous family to have to give him up - BUT - EVERYTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR THE BEST!!!! YES! (

Posted Images

So back to Bandit - honestly this is a rare opportunity to have a house broken, already teethed young adult dog. If you pair that with a puppy it's heaven because the adult dog takes all the chewing, jumping and energy that would otherwise be directed at you. I can tell you that having an older dog that is trained rubs off on the puppy and also makes your life easier too.

I totally agree.

I'm still torn over it. I couldn't adopt until late June anyway and it wouldn't be in place of a puppy. Still waiting ... :)

I know I want two AI Dogs in the household at some point. It will be nice! I just don't know if it can happen for me at this time.

.... kicking myself

Quote from Kim laFlamme: From an AI dog owner in CO;

We met Bandit today, and he is a very sweet dog. He is about 10-15 # overweight but still quick on his feet and very playful.

Fena, of course, tried to take his face off, but he was such a gentleman. The four played for about 1/2 hour.

I think he could go right into a home, one with other dogs or small children would work, but he would be fine as an only child, too, he just needs some attention.

I'd take him in a minute if I had room. Very smart, would love having something to do I'm sure.

Dave will ship him or drive him anywhere just to get him in a good home. They know they don't have the time for him now with 4 small children, all being home schooled.

Nice people, really want the best for Bandit. We are going to arrange some play dates in the interim.

Sheila

Here is a possibility to get #1, # 2 or #3 or #4 AIdog that is past puppy stage, and can teach a younger pup the things we humans can't. He sounds fantastic. I hope we can find Bandit a new home soon.

Miz. M, some people might hesitate because they are on the puppy list and might be afraid that if they take Bandit they will loose the place on the puppy list. I wouldn't think that would be the case and I would rather think that instant pack (pup and older dog) would be a great combo. Am I right?

Miz. M, some people might hesitate because they are on the puppy list and might be afraid that if they take Bandit they will loose the place on the puppy list. I wouldn't think that would be the case and I would rather think that instant pack (pup and older dog) would be a great combo. Am I right?

Quote Kim laflamme:

Here's the answer;

No they would not loose there spot ... but what we are mainly looking for is

members that already have an AI dog, that get first choice, getting another

older AI dog. It's important to us to know that owners that already have an

AI dog are best at training & just knowing the breed & someone we can trust

to take on an adult dog that may need some re-hab training in some area's.

But that is not written in stone, you don't have to already have an AI dog

to take on an AI dog ... there are exceptions to every rule -

But getting Bandit would have nothing to do with them already getting a

puppy.

For forum;

I could tell it was very hard for Dave's family to make this hard
decision ... but it also says a lot for them to make the right choice for
Bandit.
It's very important for owners to fully understand the promise they
sign of, "sending their AI dog back to us, if for ANY REASON & ANY TIME,
they can not take proper care or feel they would be better off with a home
that fits them better or has the time. Thanks to our forum & many dog
friends, we have a list of AI dog owners that are looking for older AI dogs.

Thanks Dave & thanks to all the offers of homes from our AI dog members
group .... another happy ending ... and honoring Lucky that passed on too
early -

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years --
www.indiandogs.com

Kim,

I spoke with Karen in TX this morning after you had called about her. She
really sounds like a great fit for Bandit as you said, and I think he'll
really thrive with her and her fiancé. Specially since they lost an AI dog
named Lucky a few years ago & are on the waiting list now. We're working out
details to actually get him to her in the near future.

~snip~

I really appreciate your help and coordination. This really shows your love
and dedication to each pup you give away. ...your approach is so much
better than the alternatives (Craigslist, the pound, etc...).

Thank you,

Dave

Thanks to everyone who showed interest. You guys are really stellar people.

• Like 2

This is truly one of the most rewarding parts of this job, taking care of our dogs, no matter what age, or circumstance.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a breeder that is as committed to seeing his dogs happy and cared for, as Kim La Flamme.

Thanks, again, to all of you who stepped up and offered yourselves, your time, and your homes.

• Like 1

Whew.....A literal sigh of relief.... I didn't even realize I was holding my breath for Bandit.

.... can breathe a little easier now.....

• Like 1

I'm so happy this works out so perfectly, for all of us. And thank you to Kim and Dave for such sweet words to honor Lucky, it made me cry to read them. We will honor Lucky and Bandit both and continue the wonderful tradition of AI Dogs in the process. Thank you to all of you for your support and clear love of these dogs. It is so wonderful to find a group of folks who feel the same way I/we do. Couldn't be happier!! :D

• Like 3

:lol: Howling with the pack (all of you!) with JOY!!!! So glad this difficult time has a silver lining!!!!

• Like 1

So happy that Bandit has found a new home! This has been weighing on my mind. I am also very excited to discover that there is another AI Dog family so close to us. We are in Little Elm, TX! We're on the waiting list for our first puppy.

• Like 2

Oh how cool! Maybe once all our little ones are settled, we could arrange a play date or three. :D

• Like 1

Oh what a relief it is. Congratulations to you "mommommom," Thank you so much for stepping up for this wonderful AIdog. So happy for Dave that his worries and concerns for Bandit are over, but most of all happy for Bandit cuz he has a wonderful new home. .......And they all lived happily ever after. :D

• Like 3

I am looking forward to keeping you all updated! (Can someone point me to or explain how to do the inline photo thing?) ;)

I am looking forward to keeping you all updated! (Can someone point me to or explain how to do the inline photo thing?) ;)

When you post a photo, if you don't press the return key on your key board, the photos will be placed in a horizontal position across the page. If you press the return key on your key board, they will go in a vertical position going down the page. I hope this helps. :)

Whew..... Been a crazy couple of weeks with work (which probably hacked mommom off a bit) but the majority of the effort is now behind me.

Our beloved Lucky:

1024111349.jpg

Edited by tschuh
  • Like 1

I am so excited, anxious, happy, scared, all in a tizzy of mixed emotions, ready to meet the Bandit-boy. I blubbered last night, worrying whether he would like me, whether he would like us, like his new home, what if, what if...missing Luck-Luck. Old and new mixing into a big froth of OMG. This is really happening! Hope momma can make it a few more weeks until the baby comes...:)