Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Xochitl Updates

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is Aztec and pronounced "Soh-chee". Or, if you want to put the "L stop", "Soh-cheel".   She is going through quite the leggy phase right now and I am excited to let her run full speed once she i

I'll keep her updates and pictures over here in case people are wondering how she is doing.   This week should be 12/13 weeks and she is weighing in at about 17lbs. I'm thinking she should plateau

I'm just going to keep adding pictures here.    

Posted Images

@Samie and @KittynDoc -

I feel good about having someone around to unleash her energy with and it will be good for her. I think she is getting super lonely these days.

I already feel it starting to hit me, at the point Haru becomes well behaved I will most definitely want another one. That'll be another year at least though, lol

• Like 2

@Samie: "Well behaved." ;)

Our dog has definitely chilled out and I couldn't have imagined adding another pup prior to this point. I think a few people have had the same experience as they start pushing 2 years old.

• Like 3

Are you getting a boy or a gurlie?

Getting a boy! Boy dogs typically bond to me better and our pup is definitely Shaun's. Hope I can get that chance.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

All is quiet on the western front over here in Kuschel-landia. Xochitl is now sleeping throughout the day (at our feet or snuggled up next to us) while we work. Come 5pm she is ready to play however, and it has gotten is on an earlier work schedule to ensure that we're done with things when she starts bringing us toys. To be honest, we're ready to play too. Right now Xochitl LOVES to play fetch. She flies like the wind in her new backyard! As the weather is cooling down more and more, we now have to corral her back into the house or she would be there all evening/night. Husband is feeling a little left out (as she normally snuggles against him most of the day) now that she is a bit aloof right now.

I have been so glad that we kennel trained her when she was a wee pup. She puts herself to bed whenever we move too much on the bed. She is already only at the foot at the bed (she would never consider moving up and snuggling) and if she is particularly grumpy, she moves quickly. :)

Ugh, how DARE you move mama!

We have been taking her for long walks at night (too hot during the day and worried about pads burning on asphalt - no sidewalks) with a 15 foot retractable lead and they have been great! Tires her out and her curiosity is pretty awesome to watch. I think I would feel comfortable letting her off-leash hiking, but there aren't a lot of options in town for that. Mountain bikers take the trails a bit too quickly for me to feel safe for my pup. Otherwise there are dog parks that we frequent - it just isn't the same.

But yes - we're heading into a cold front next week. I'm convinced Xochitl will never come inside!

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.48.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.48.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.50.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.50.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.50.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.50.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.51.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.51.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.51.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.52.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.52.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 1.52.55 PM.png

• Like 3

Thanks for the update and the pictures. She looks great.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update and the pictures. She looks great.

Thanks Greg! She is our little spark plug.

I LOVE all of Xochitl's expressions. Great looking pup.

Thank you! She always cracks me up with her expressions. She is also incredibly melodramatic about everything!

• 2 weeks later...

So, so happy that the Kuschel clan is expanding. Xochitl now has a little brother. Expecting him in a couple of weeks.

Erica Kuschel_1.jpg

Erica Kuschel_2.jpg

Edited by Kuschel
  • Like 4

What a cutie! You must be so excited. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Congrats to you, and Xochitl!!!!! What an adorable little boy! Our Kitchee looked just like this, except he had a white little marking on his forehead, and one paw had what I call a white spotted sock. This little guy looks like he wants to come home...NOW...LOL! So happy to know you are embarking on your new adventure with your expanding AI family.

Any ideas on names for this cutie?

• Like 1

Congrats to you, and Xochitl!!!!! What an adorable little boy! Our Kitchee looked just like this, except he had a white little marking on his forehead, and one paw had what I call a white spotted sock. This little guy looks like he wants to come home...NOW...LOL! So happy to know you are embarking on your new adventure with your expanding AI family. Any ideas on names for this cutie?

No names quite yet as I like to meet the pup first. I have a few in mind but they may not fit their personality at all!

• Like 1