Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Nieci X Red Rider

Here's the only child:

Nieci_X_Red_Rider__only_child.JPG

From Kim:

This is Nieci X Red Riders only pup. I was afraid Neici was going to spoil her rotten, but since it is her 2nd litter, she is doing the important tough love that is so good for starting them out in life . …. 4 week old Silver/fawn female with blue eyes. ~ Kim

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the only child:

Nieci_X_Red_Rider__only_child.JPG

From Kim:

This is Nieci X Red Riders only pup. I was afraid Neici was going to spoil her rotten, but since it is her 2nd litter, she is doing the important tough love that is so good for starting them out in life . …. 4 week old Silver/fawn female with blue eyes. ~ Kim

From Jan:

Well you don't have to worry about Nieci spoiling her rotten, that will be my job as of the 20th. And I can't wait to do it. I am the baby girl's new mom, she will be coming home with me to Florida with the rest of my 4 legged babies. For those of you who don't know me, I have a Florida Panther (Nakiia) he will be 7 in June, 6 housecats, and 1 Wallaby (Josie) who will be 2 in May. To have exotics in Florida you must have a Fish & wildlfe license (class2 for the panther, class 3 for the Wallaby). and go thru 1000 hours of training to work with Big Cats, Now I am ready to enjoy my pup and give her the best home I can. I want to thank Kim for being so patience with me and taking my 100's of phone calls, also thanks to the people who were gracious enough to spend hours on the phone with me telling me about their AI dogs. My first look at this pup I knew we belonged together. I have three names , that I am leaning toward, but I want to spend some time with her first. They will be of Indian language, with a special meaning. With the exception of Josie, all my animals have Indian names, some easier to pronounce than others. The ones that are not so easy have learned to respond to Hey you( from my friends), just kidding. Anyway, I look so forward to meeting Blue Eyes. Thanks again Kim.

All the Best,

Jan

Welcom on the forum Jan.

A panther , 6 housecats , 1 Wallaby and an Indian Dog puppy very soon , this sounds real cool. I guess we're gonna hear some interesting story's in the future.

Marcel

From Jan:

Well you don't have to worry about Nieci spoiling her rotten, that will be my job as of the 20th. And I can't wait to do it. I am the baby girl's new mom, she will be coming home with me to Florida with the rest of my 4 legged babies. For those of you who don't know me, I have a Florida Panther (Nakiia) he will be 7 in June, 6 housecats, and 1 Wallaby (Josie) who will be 2 in May. To have exotics in Florida you must have a Fish & wildlfe license (class2 for the panther, class 3 for the Wallaby). and go thru 1000 hours of training to work with Big Cats, Now I am ready to enjoy my pup and give her the best home I can. I want to thank Kim for being so patience with me and taking my 100's of phone calls, also thanks to the people who were gracious enough to spend hours on the phone with me telling me about their AI dogs. My first look at this pup I knew we belonged together. I have three names , that I am leaning toward, but I want to spend some time with her first. They will be of Indian language, with a special meaning. With the exception of Josie, all my animals have Indian names, some easier to pronounce than others. The ones that are not so easy have learned to respond to Hey you( from my friends), just kidding. Anyway, I look so forward to meeting Blue Eyes. Thanks again Kim.

All the Best,

Jan

hi jan, you can start racing your indian in floride, from what ive heard LOL indian race dogs are wanted there

gea

Welcom on the forum Jan.

A panther , 6 housecats , 1 Wallaby and an Indian Dog puppy very soon , this sounds real cool. I guess we're gonna hear some interesting story's in the future.

Marcel

I think you hit the nail on the head, there, Marcel.

Are they like a family? Or do you have to keep everyone separate? Is it more that they tolerate each other?

We know a gal here, that works with Wolf Haven--a wolf rescue. My gosh the stories she tells about everything from the way you have to walk to eye contact issues. It's truly another world.

hi jan, you can start racing your indian in floride, from what ive heard LOL indian race dogs are wanted there

gea

well not to sound too proud of my girl, i think maybe people should get to know me first, before i start or should I say we start kicking butt (lol).

Jan

Spoken like a true competitor.

Are they like a family? Or do you have to keep everyone separate? Is it more that they tolerate each other?

We know a gal here, that works with Wolf Haven--a wolf rescue. My gosh the stories she tells about everything from the way you have to walk to eye contact issues. It's truly another world.

I think you hit the nail on the head, there, Marcel.

The only one I have to keep separate is my Panther, he is a big baby that weighs 150 pounds, he grew up with my cats, but unfortunately they play the same way(biting). He would not intentionally try to kill the cats, but his teeth are alot bigger. The Wallaby has her own bedroom, that she stays in when I'm not home, only because she will eat anything and get into everything!!! She was raised with my cats so they are buds, except with my 13 year old cat, she just tolerates the Josie. One female Thaia, is very protective of Josie, won't let her get near the pool....Mato my black long haired cat who I got 2 months before Josie, went thru a stage where his tail hair was beening pulled out by Josie, poor guy practically bald, but it's back now. Josie is my pack leader, too funny when you think about it, she is the prey who turned out to be the predator. They all get along great over all. Josie also likes dogs but will put them in their place, she will keep my new girl in line.

Jan

It does sound like a family, alright. Geez, after reading about all your animal friends, I feel I should be able to fit another critter somewhere! You must have a good amount of space around you. Don't think we could fit a panther in our little city kingdom. Two long strides, and the poor thing would be all the way across the yard!

I always wanted to get a wolf-hybrid, or wolf, but these dogs give me that same intelligence, and primitive attachment. Hunting with them is incredible--the subtle language of it, and the working together, I find it so joyful, and it touches me deeply. Kim says we learn to speak "dog", and he is so right.

It will be interesting to see the role your pup takes. She'll be your right-hand, dog/gal.

That Wallaby, they are pretty fast, aren't they? I see some humorous times ahead.

well not to sound too proud of my girl, i think maybe people should get to know me first, before i start or should I say we start kicking butt (lol).

Jan

you just can kick butt right away, no problem LOL

gea

Jan--is that Nikkia for your Avatar? Whoa! Very nice. 150lb. "big baby", eh?

DSC00262.jpg

It does sound like a family, alright. Geez, after reading about all your animal friends, I feel I should be able to fit another critter somewhere! You must have a good amount of space around you. Don't think we could fit a panther in our little city kingdom. Two long strides, and the poor thing would be all the way across the yard!

I always wanted to get a wolf-hybrid, or wolf, but these dogs give me that same intelligence, and primitive attachment. Hunting with them is incredible--the subtle language of it, and the working together, I find it so joyful, and it touches me deeply. Kim says we learn to speak "dog", and he is so right.

It will be interesting to see the role your pup takes. She'll be your right-hand, dog/gal.

That Wallaby, they are pretty fast, aren't they? I see some humorous times ahead.

You have no idea. If you are in her way she will jump over you

That's my boy Nakiia (Na ki uh). Too bad I can't bring him in June.

Can I just say, that I think it's good that you can't bring him? I would love to see him without my dog!

Is that you on the lounge?

You have no idea. If you are in her way she will jump over you

That's pretty cool. Are they smart?

That's pretty cool. Are they smart?

They are very smart!!!!! She actually minds better than my cats, you tell her NO JOSIE (just firm no yelling) she stops. Alot of work though, I wouldn't take a million for her, but I would not have another one.

J

DSC00275.jpg

I thought you were going to be taller, I mean, and amazon of a woman! You look like you might be my size, or is it standing next to the buffalo, that makes you look small?

I'm 5'2". But I pack a punch, even in this small frame.

At least, I don't think you're going to have much trouble with the "Tough Love" issue.

I feel the same way about our parrot, by the way, a lot of work, don't need another, but we love her dearly. I also think people should have to do a thousand hours before they are allowed to have one---for the 65-105 years that they live.

Have a good time at the ranch, and say hello from us here at the forum. Tell Kim we look forward to getting him online.

Welcome,

Your new pup is such a cutie. You are going to have so much fun.

My Hawk is an off spring of Red Ryder and Sierra. My Hawk is almost 2 1/2 and he has gold eyes.

Glad you are part of this crazy bunch of dog lovers.

ARf ARF, Lisa and Hawk

Welcome,

Your new pup is such a cutie. You are going to have so much fun.

My Hawk is an off spring of Red Ryder and Sierra. My Hawk is almost 2 1/2 and he has gold eyes.

Glad you are part of this crazy bunch of dog lovers.

ARf ARF, Lisa and Hawk

Hi Lisa,

We just got home last night, she is spoiled rotten! Her name is Galvquodi (Gah luh qwodee) I am calling her Qwodee for short...thats Precious in Cherokee. When I first saw her picture I said how precious, so thats her name. Spent the weekend With Kim and Arlene, what great people! But what a long flight living in Florida. But Qwodee was like a veteran flyer. Not a peep. She was very excited when she got home, when she saw my Wallaby, she did'nt know what to think just stood there and looked at her. I could go on and on, so thanks for the kind words, my email is jkhradio@aol.com, sned me a picture of Hawk would love to see him!

Take care,

Jan & Qwodee

I thought you were going to be taller, I mean, and amazon of a woman! You look like you might be my size, or is it standing next to the buffalo, that makes you look small?

I'm 5'2". But I pack a punch, even in this small frame.

At least, I don't think you're going to have much trouble with the "Tough Love" issue.

I feel the same way about our parrot, by the way, a lot of work, don't need another, but we love her dearly. I also think people should have to do a thousand hours before they are allowed to have one---for the 65-105 years that they live.

Have a good time at the ranch, and say hello from us here at the forum. Tell Kim we look forward to getting him online.

We just got home, Kim and Arlene were great and are wonderful people I fell like I have known them forever. I'm 5'5 but I think we both know size doesn't matter. We had to change planes in salt Lake so i let my girl on her lead in the smokeing section in the airport, she barked once she wanted to play, a young girl maybe 25 said what flight are you on ? i said Orlando, she said good,I'm going to Ohio. I said my girl wont be any louder thatn the 2 legged kids on planes so you have fun, if it would have been anywhere else, i would have popped her, talking about my girl like that! She was just very lucky and didn't know it. My girls name is Galvquodi (Gah lah Qwodee) thats Precious in Cherokee, i call her Qwodee for short. About the tough love part, not so tough last night or should I say this morning, she was howling in her crate, gave up about 6 am put her in bed with me, we slept till 11. She got her 1st bath today, she was so good...already good on a lead, all I can say is my baby is brillant!!!!!

Jan & Quodi

That's a lovely name. Even the shortened version sounds good to my ears. You will have to tell us how she reacts to Nakiia and Josie, and how they react to her! You might feel like a referee for a while.