• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Cheese

Cheese

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

Bandit has some really neat markings on his coat. He was born with the "mask" on his eyes (thus the name Bandit). Over time he's developed a lighter "hood" over the top of his head and down his neck. Also he has gotten this really cool zig zag mark on his back.

So what unique markings does (do) your dog(s) have?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chickasaw 5-OH

Chickasaw 5-OH

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

HA! Wow that's cool!!

#3 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3354 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

What great markings....hey it would be fun to post a picture of Bandit as a young pup next to the current picture so we can see the changes. Great looking dog you have there.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#4 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:13 AM

What great markings....hey it would be fun to post a picture of Bandit as a young pup next to the current picture so we can see the changes. Great looking dog you have there.

He looks great! I'd be tempted to call him Viper! We have a snake over here with the zig-zag markings, the only one with a bite with a sting!

Shunka only has the white mark on his nose like a candle burning, other wise he is reddish with cream underbelly and legs, he got much darker after his spring maoult, but has returned to his lovely red colour again this autumn.

Hope I got it right again this time

This was taken a while ago, must get some upto date ones

Attached Files

#5 aidogs

aidogs

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Lurking.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Reposting...

We've figured out Sitka's secret. He's nuclear powered.

We should have guessed it sooner as he has on his chest the international radioactive symbol.

Posted Image

Sitka the Atomic Dog

I'm easily distracted by squirrels.

#6 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7733 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Right Ho! Nuclear boy!
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#7 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Allison thats pretty cool at least now you know what fuels him haha what Malachis excuse here are some pic of his changes malachi has what I like to call halo's they are on his shoulders he also has a white spot on the tip of his tail my friend calls him quetion mark ? duno why but if he ever looses that white spot I wont beable to tell the two boy apart at a far

Reposting...

Attached Files

Linda Bell

#8 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Allison thats pretty cool at least now you know what fuels him haha what Malachis excuse here are some pic of his changes malachi has what I like to call halo's they are on his shoulders he also has a white spot on the tip of his tail my friend calls him quetion mark ? duno why but if he ever looses that white spot I wont beable to tell the two boy apart at a far

Bandit is awesome!!!

WOW!!! Linda Mal has changed!!! I was looking at some other puppy pics of Chhaya and Malachi....just seems like yesterday when we got them!!!

Chhaya has a lightning bolt on her chest some people say.....

Attached Files

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#9 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts
  • Interests:gardening ,cooking, having BBQ'S .keeping busy , fleamarkets , Hanging out with my AID dogs

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

WOW is right and that lightening bolt fit her she flys around when they get together :lol:

Bandit is awesome!!!

WOW!!! Linda Mal has changed!!! I was looking at some other puppy pics of Chhaya and Malachi....just seems like yesterday when we got them!!!

Chhaya has a lightning bolt on her chest some people say.....

Linda Bell

#10 N'waPiechal2

N'waPiechal2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Wow !! He looks VERY soft.

#11 Cheese

Cheese

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

I love the blue eyes - so beautiful. Your dogs looks like they have "hoods" too. Beautiful...

#12 Cheese

Cheese

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

He looks great! I'd be tempted to call him Viper! We have a snake over here with the zig-zag markings, the only one with a bite with a sting!

Shunka only has the white mark on his nose like a candle burning, other wise he is reddish with cream underbelly and legs, he got much darker after his spring maoult, but has returned to his lovely red colour again this autumn.

Hope I got it right again this time

This was taken a while ago, must get some upto date ones

Shunka has a great color. I'm curious to see how (or if) Bandit's coloring will change seasonally and as he grows (it's already evolved quite a bit over the past 3 months).

Right now while he's a pup, we seem to get a lot of questions about Bandit being a German Shepherd because of his coloring. I think as an adult, he won't be mistaken. ...already he's more AID and less German Shepherd looking.

We got the "mut" comment a few days ago. :lol: I said, yep, he's the American mut - the ultimate mut. He's got only the best the North American continent has to offer, shaped and cultivated over decades of intensional selective breeding that has resulted in the ultimate in intelligence, beauty, agility, capability, and fun, culminating in near doggy perfection . :D ...well, I didn't say the last part - but that's what I meant. B)

#13 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:25 AM

Shunka has a great color. I'm curious to see how (or if) Bandit's coloring will change seasonally and as he grows (it's already evolved quite a bit over the past 3 months).

Right now while he's a pup, we seem to get a lot of questions about Bandit being a German Shepherd because of his coloring. I think as an adult, he won't be mistaken. ...already he's more AID and less German Shepherd looking.

We got the "mut" comment a few days ago. :lol: I said, yep, he's the American mut - the ultimate mut. He's got only the best the North American continent has to offer, shaped and cultivated over decades of intensional selective breeding that has resulted in the ultimate in intelligence, beauty, agility, capability, and fun, culminating in near doggy perfection . :D ...well, I didn't say the last part - but that's what I meant. B)

I have said it or something similar! A woman who is high up in the British Kennel Club met Shunka and said what a beautiful dog he was and stated "We could do wonders with these" I told her you couldn't improve on perfection and besides that she wouldn't be allowed to have one to use as a show dog anyway!

I also told her wanting one of our dogs doesn't always get, and with her attitude it would be NO.

She wasn't best pleased.

#14 liz

liz

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:36 AM

I have said it or something similar! A woman who is high up in the British Kennel Club met Shunka and said what a beautiful dog he was and stated "We could do wonders with these" I told her you couldn't improve on perfection and besides that she wouldn't be allowed to have one to use as a show dog anyway!

I also told her wanting one of our dogs doesn't always get, and with her attitude it would be NO.

She wasn't best pleased.

Forgot to say thanks for saying you like his colour! he was a darker brown as a pup, it's difficult to see on the logo, but there are some gorgeous pictures of him as a pup on Sarah's page in Wales.

#15 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Kim said something to me about their markings becoming less pronounced in the summer (I didn't recognize Hopi, her face looked so different!), but Danza doesn't change. She has a very strong mask year round. It has gotten only slightly less pronounced as she's gotten older.
I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#16 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image

This really should be a dog of the month photo. He is so, so pretty!
I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#17 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

you go I always want to spirt out things like that when I fisrt got Snake I used to get is he a rescue was he abused what pound did he come from no pound oregon breeder

Linda Bell

#18 linda

linda

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

I agree Karen its hard enough to get good pics of these guys this one great

Linda Bell

#19 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Dog of the month would be awesome Karen!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Liz perfection is correct ha ha!!! B) They are the perfect dog!!!

And Cheese...the Ultimate Mutt works for me!!! :lol:

Chhaya being black doesn't change much...she does have some, what I'll call a blond ruff and it seems to change lighter and darker at times.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#20 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Kim said something to me about their markings becoming less pronounced in the summer (I didn't recognize Hopi, her face looked so different!), but Danza doesn't change. She has a very strong mask year round. It has gotten only slightly less pronounced as she's gotten older.

Soul's colors and markings change with the seasons. Right now he is sporting almost an almond color with his tail tip pitch black. He has his stripe on the neck, but like Jasper, he looks airbrushed in some places. I love the way he has "ripples" from his guard hairs down...kinda like a wave. In the summer, you can hardly see the waves, but as winter comes, so do the more pronounced darker lines.

And his eyebrows? Very pronounced in the winter...they kinda look like this:

^o^ Remember, Allison, we made a small bet about them changing? Way back in March of last year? They aren't blond anymore, but they are still there! Will post pic tomorrow; he's snoozing now!
"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users