• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I found this by accident on the World Wide Web.

She is NOT talking about AI Dogs and yet her 5 tips are worth the font they are typed in!

http://www.themodern...primitive-dogs/

#2 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, chickens, goats, primates, every other animal, nature, music, books, my family and my Lord Christ Jesus!

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

I agree with her completely about not pushing many of those dog breeds, chows, shar-pei, shibas, akitas... I'm a groomer and I can attest that if they're not willing to do what you're asking they will protest with teeth! They will not be pushed. I won't even take many of those larger breeds into my shop as it is dangerous handling them and very unkind to the dog. Norwegian elkhound are extremely sweet like our AI dogs. Shibas won't necessarily bite but they will howl and go into a crocodile roll, LOL.

Edited by sschenck, 15 September 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#3 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

The writer of this article is in my Facebook group and on my friends list :) They also havenan9ther website called www.couchwolves.com

#4 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3371 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

Well written article....and so true.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: training, primitive dogs, tips, molly sumner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users