• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarmokElizabethontheocean

DarmokElizabethontheocean

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Creating new laws for the qualifications and accountability of service dog trainers in WA.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

I'll be taking a road trip with Darmok to the East Coast later this year and the Vet would like to give Darmok heart worm medicine before we go.  I'm near Seattle and the Vet says that Darmok doesn't really need the heart worm meds in this area but absolutely while traveling to the East Coast. She said there's a couple of different kinds both of which have some side effects.  Do any of you give your AI dogs heart worm meds and if so which one and did your dog experience any side effects? 

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 787 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

My AIDogs have been taking Heartgard Plus since they were pups.  They tolerate is very well.

#3 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 385 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Ayita has been on Sentinel for almost 4 years. No side effects that I am aware of.
"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#4 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

Neither of mine have had any issue with Heartguard Plus!

#5 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

All my dogs have been on either heartguard or sentinel, and never had any problems.  Nakoma is now on Sentinel and Interceptor (for the fleas and ticks) and never has any side effects.  

#6 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

we are fine on Heartguard too Trifexis --not so good

#7 DarmokElizabethontheocean

DarmokElizabethontheocean

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Creating new laws for the qualifications and accountability of service dog trainers in WA.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

woodrat -WOW, what an amazing photo!!!

#8 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Both of mine (one mine and one my sister's) are on Sentinel (Spectrum) - no problems at all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users