Photo

Play Time In Southern Oregon

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Greg's Anoki and our Ayita had some fun on Friday. They're about the same size now, but Anoki's still a pup. Please pardon the blur...

Attached Files

Edited by Carolyn, 11 January 2015 - 04:17 PM.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#2 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 388 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Oops, forgot the little video.

Attached Files

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#3 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 842 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Thank you Carolyn for hosting the play date for Anoki and Ayita.  The two hours they spent running and playing was awesome to watch.  I enjoyed the company and Anoki really enjoyed the play time.  He was so tired afterward he crashed for the remainder of the day.  Ayita is such a beautiful and fun dog.  I look forward to additional get togethers.

Carolyn and I would like to invite other members to contact one of us to set up future play dates. 

#4 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1691 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! 

Looks like they had fun!

Tayamni is going to take a trip down in a couple weeks to meet and play with Keme (who is a half brother).

I can't wait to see to AI dogs together in person!

THANKS FOR THE PICS AND VIDEO CAROLYN (& Greg) !!!!!!!!  :wub:

#5 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my family. We do allot of camping, hiking and working on home improvement projects.<br /><br />Hawk is the most wonderful dog I could ever have. And I have had allot of dogs in my life.<br /><br />

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

Wish we could but your 5 hours away
[font=Arial][size=3][color=#FF0000]

#6 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2333 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

:wub: So sweet!

#7 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7831 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

That makes me very happy.  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#8 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 842 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

Another play date for Anoki and Ayita.  This time, Carolyn and I took our kids to a local dog park and let them go at it again.  A couple of bigger dogs stopped by briefly but I guess they just couldn't hang :D

It was a little cool out there today but the two kids sure didn't mind it.  Carolyn, quick with the camera, snapped a few pictures of the kids as I tried to get them to rest and focus.  Thanks Carolyn for braving the weather and letting the kids have some fun.

Attached Files

#9 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7831 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

Those are darn good looking dogs.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#10 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 388 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures Greg. You are so good with the dogs. Ayita hung on your every word. I took notes  :D

I think it was about 36 degrees out there :wacko:, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Will add more layers next time, maybe a couple of hats and 5 or 6 pairs of gloves, 2 mufflers...

#11 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1691 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

I like picture # 2, where they are both lying down looking  :)

Trying to figure out if Ayita is that small or Anoki is that BIG!!!!  I love that his mask hasn't changed.

Carolyn, don't forget quilted thermal underwear and heated socks!

#12 BC Jackie

BC Jackie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

You are so lucky to live near each other and have these play dates.  Pico is a rambunctious little Tigger.  He has playdates but with large dogs.  One older and one that is very large but puppy like.  They have a hard time with the energy of a pup.  The large puppy headed one is so big, he could hurt Pico in playtime.

Can't wait for the gathering!!

#13 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 842 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Denise, Anoki is just that big. He is almost 7 months old and is over 35 pounds now. His is currently going through another growing spurt. I am happy his face marking haven't really changed but his colors do change a bit.

#14 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Denise, Anoki is just that big. He is almost 7 months old and is over 35 pounds now. His is currently going through another growing spurt. I am happy his face marking haven't really changed but his colors do change a bit.

Nita was 32# at her last vet visit earlier this month

#15 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3419 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Happy dogs.  Love watching the pups "photo" grow.  ;)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#16 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 388 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Had a really neat play time with Anoki and his new friend Blue Bird. Blue is spending some time with Greg getting socialized and such. She is a very sweet, gentle girl. She was a little shy, but I think she had fun watching Anoki and Ayita act goofy. 

Attached Files

#17 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7831 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

I totally cracked up over that first picture.  Too many paws.  Very funny.  BB looks happy.

--David Dunning

#18 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 842 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Great pic Carolyn.  I love the first pic too.  Thanks again Carolyn and Dave for allowing Anoki and Blue to hang out for a while.  Both Anoki and Blue slept for most of the day when we returned home.

#19 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Beautiful pictures of beautiful dogs!

#20 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3419 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

canine fun :lol:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users