Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_01_2008/post-3-1199469276.jpg

Atlas

Owner: T.J. Grubisha

Have'nt managed this type of picture so far, it's great!

Shunka has a respect of Khan our tabby, he was bigger than he was when we got him, Khan is now very old and doddery but stll commands respect!

Sasqui would love to get as close, but Shunka is still very warey!

Was the pup younger than the cat, I wonder? And I wonder if, as Angelique mentioned, it was always friends, or how it goes?

It is pretty darn sweet, though.

Was the pup younger than the cat, I wonder? And I wonder if, as Angelique mentioned, it was always friends, or how it goes?

It is pretty darn sweet, though.

Chai (the cat) was just a bit older, and had been living in the house for about 3 weeks before we brought Atlas home. The first day, Chai ruled the pup, but ever since, Atlas has ruled the roost!

They 'play' a lot, meaning the dog looks like he's biting the head off the cat... have plenty of pictures of that too! But then a minute later, the cat is jumping the dog when he walks around the corner, asking for more...!

Oh yes, I see your avatar picture is the other side of the friendship. It looks like Chai has her claws extended about as far as they go!

How fun. Another example of our dogs and their recognition of "the pack".

Any serious injuries?

Actually, they are sleeping together here too! Chai is just stretching...

Ah, that is great. Good friends then. My dog has a friend that is a bulldog. Small and compact, but he outweighs Coyo by much! Maybe three times. Coyo outruns him, but Monkey can take him in a hold. They fight, they wrestle, they bite and draw a bit of blood, but when one yelps, the other lets up. They go to the limit, but never really hurt each other. It is wonderful to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such un unlikely picture ! It makes one smile <_>

Our dogs and our barncats are in peace but no more than that. It's just tolerance between them.

I really love this picture !

Sandra