Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-3-0-64236300-1445624814.jpeg

Mesa

Owners: The Walsh Family

Maryland. USA.

• Like 7

great picture!!!!!!!

The perfect combination of a boy and his dog.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good point, MMcBrien. I love that Kim can bring back the same dogs over and over, at different times, and through different matings and generations. It really shows a continuity in the breed, but not as he says "carbon copies", like you see from the AKC breeds.

The longer I work with him, the more I appreciate his expertise. Can you imagine following these dogs for over 60 years?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It is almost the end of the month, and I wanted to share some thoughts with you.

I love this photo for the beautiful symmetry and asymmetry.

The boy is leaning into the dog, and the dog is leaning into the boy. They make a lovely triangle or solid pyramid if you will.

Their feet that are closest are even, and the next limbs that stabilize them, are both outset slightly.

If you look closely at the boy's hands, the one around dog has his thumb out slightly, while the one under his chin, has the index finger raised.

On the left, you can see the dog's tail sticking out of the pyramid shape, and on the right, there is the boy's ear.

And finally, you can see in the boy's expression, that he loves the dog. This is his friend.

However, on the dog's face, you can see that he loves the boy, but he knows his job is to protect him. He is saying that you can trust him, that he will not fail.

The dog is the adult.

Now there is a dog with a very important job.

• Like 1