8 replies to this topic

#1 shiniokami

shiniokami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hello AI owners,

I am seriously considering the AID as a second dog (own a young Weimaraner mix) and was hoping to meet a few AI dogs. I spoke with Mr. Laflamme, and he gave me a list of names of owners I could contact. However, I feel so odd just cold calling people!

So, I thought I'd try the forums first.

I'd love to hear from owners who wouldn't mind answering some questions and "talking dog" via email or phone.

Also, I'd very much like to meet some dogs in person. I live in Knoxville, TN, but would be willing to travel 3 or 4 hours one way to meet some AI dogs and their humans. Are there any owners who might be willing to let me intrude on their life for a bit? I could meet you at a dog park or pet store or where ever is convenient. Calling out to owners in east or central Tennessee, west or central North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, north Georgia, or southeast Kentucky.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
April

#2 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

Hello AI owners,

I am seriously considering the AID as a second dog (own a young Weimaraner mix) and was hoping to meet a few AI dogs. I spoke with Mr. Laflamme, and he gave me a list of names of owners I could contact. However, I feel so odd just cold calling people!

So, I thought I'd try the forums first.

I'd love to hear from owners who wouldn't mind answering some questions and "talking dog" via email or phone.

Also, I'd very much like to meet some dogs in person. I live in Knoxville, TN, but would be willing to travel 3 or 4 hours one way to meet some AI dogs and their humans. Are there any owners who might be willing to let me intrude on their life for a bit? I could meet you at a dog park or pet store or where ever is convenient. Calling out to owners in east or central Tennessee, west or central North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, north Georgia, or southeast Kentucky.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
April

If you want to drive to Michigan, we have a 'few' of these kids!!! Love to have you meet them in person -- I truly thinks it makes all the difference in the world!!

JudyK in Michigan
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#3 Natalie

Natalie

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Love babysitting my grandbaby Charlee Jean, shes a sweet heart. I used to work for Arkansas State Parks where I did alot of manual labor. Chainsaws, weedeating, leaf blowing and tractor work. I've done it all.... I used to be on a Search and rescue team about 6yrs ago, enjoyed doing that. Thats why I wanted one of these beautiful and intellegent dogs, I'm going to teach River/ Wylee to be the best search dog ever.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

April I live in Northwest Arkansas, maybe meet in the middle...Natalie

#4 Roots

Roots

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, hiking, just about any type of exercise and vintage Italian scooters.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

You should "cold call"..it's part of the deal. Most of us did it so I expect to answer my phone someday with a potential AI Dog owner on the other end :D

#5 shiniokami

shiniokami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

JudyK - As much as I'd love to see several of the little beasts together in action, Michigan is a pretty hefty hike for me (9-12 hrs depending on the area of MI). Thank you, though!

Natalie - Unbelievable that you would offer to meet me halfway! I would not want to impose that much; it's 4 or 5 hours to the halfway point. But, thank you!

Roots - Gracias for the assurances. It definitely makes me feel better about making some calls, and I think I will go ahead and contact some of the people on the list.

Thank you for the all quick and generous replies so far! I'm still hoping more people pop out of the woodwork :-)

#6 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3338 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

I've gotten a few of these "cold calls" and love to talk about the breed. I guess it is partly sharing the passion of this magnificent animal . Go for it and do some calling. I really think everyone enjoys the experience.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#7 NashAsh

NashAsh

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, oil painting with palette knives, hiking, photography, history, camping, volunteering, and raising my two and four legged brood.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

April, I have no idea if you will get this message, but we are in Nashville and just brought home our puppy last week. Kim can put you in touch with me.

#8 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Willow and I are in the Florida panhandle/Northeast Alabama!  But you are always more than welcome to "bug" me with any questions.

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#9 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

I am not in your zipcode.. but if you have webcam ability, I am very willing to chat online with you, and you can virutally meet Jas and K'ne  :)

I too have gotten those 'cold calls'  LOL
But it is nice when people arrange ahead of time.  ;)

"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users