Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

New Pup Zephyr Home In Texas

So I have realized that I am long over due for an update on Zephyr!

I have been so busy, that I haven't had a chance to get pics of him on my nice camera, so the one's below are on my phone. And can you believe I have been busy enough that I haven't even had time to get him neutered yet, eek! I have him scheduled for January 12th, so the time is fast approaching!

He is doing great though. I have started really upping his training and he is doing very well - walks beautifully on a leash! Now we are working on his off-leash recall and so far so good!! In his younger puppy days, I had a lot of crate issues and I have to admit, I decided that was not a battle worth fighting. He has been left roaming my apartment since he was probably 9 weeks old and has never destroyed anything so it worked out well for us. He does still have a little bit of separation anxiety (will cry at the door for about 10 minutes when I leave...and if I speak to anyone in the hallway of my apartment to where he can hear me, he will scratch my door...so that really is the only damage he has ever done. I find that when he gets out of routine (like if I have to board him at the business or if we stay with my boyfriend) then it flares up again. The upside is that his anxiety is slowly improving and it was never terribly bad to begin with.

He is still a tiny little tike - I haven't weighed him in a while, but I would estimate his weight to be only about 32lbs. He is as tall as my Husky, but he is just all legs and ears haha. I love him all the same though!

I'll get some nicer pictures in the new year, but for now, here are some from my phone :)

ps. sorry, I tried resizing the pics about 3 times to make them better viewable when clicked on...don't have time to try again lol

IMG_20151111_092502_resized.jpg

IMG_20150727_142117_resized.jpg

IMG_20151019_111942_resized.jpg

IMG_20151031_181714_resized.jpg

IMG_20151102_160533_resized.jpg

IMG_20151111_151655_resized.jpg

IMG_20151202_104829_resized.jpg

IMG_20151204_203512_resized.jpg

IMG_20151209_170025_resized.jpg

IMG_20151215_143941_resized.jpg

Edited by nrrosque
  • Like 2
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite pic so far - shows how happy...and silly they are together!

Hi everyone!   I am still getting a hang of the forum (navigating and figuring out where to post), so I hope I am posting this in the right place! I picked up Zephyr last Friday and then traveled a

Zephyr has so much personality! If you ever want to have a mini AID reunion let me know. We're in Little Elm and have a big fenced in yard where they could get to know each other. There are 2 more

Posted Images

It seems like a lot of people have been busy .... me included missing posting .....

thanks for the update! He is REMARKABLE! :D

• Like 1

Oh yeah! That's an excellent registration pic!

• Like 2

I'll tell you what, that is one heck of a good looking dog!

• Like 2

I'll tell you what, that is one heck of a good looking dog!

Yeah, that registration picture looks like the AIDog logo.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Zeph is doing very well...we had a rough week last week. He has mild separation anxiety that we have been working on, only scratches up the front door, but generally NEVER destroys anything else.

My fault: one night I left treats in my backpack and came home to all my belongings strewn across the floor. Then a few days later, I re-potted our indoor plants...not thinking...Zeph has a bad poop eating habit and the potting soil smelled like poop....well we came home to Zeph having knocked down one of the plants and there was soil all over the carpet, he ate one whole succulent, a lot of soil, part of an orchid, and most of another plant...sigh - took us over a week to get all the soil out and clean the carpet so it doesn't smell or have stains now haha

So my boyfriend brought up the crate idea again, which I had tried when he was younger with no success. Happy to say we have now been crating him when we leave (though we have to crate him together with Remi) and he has been perfect, no crying, no trying to get out, etc!!! I honestly thought it would never be possible to crate him, but I guess he has gotten used to being put in the kennel at my business during downtime...and now with him being older, he can handle it better, YAY!!

Here is a picture of my two crazies :)

DSC_0600.jpg

• Like 2

LOL! sorry for the mess - but it is funny because I'm thinking of Tayamni & Coffey - they BOTH love the cat poop. It's a delicacy :blink:

Then there's the dog park and the fertilizer they spray on the grass and all the dogs start eating dirt because it smells like poop or something.

I got a call from my sister and our two had just dug in a different spot in the backyard.

They dug up some sweet potatoes and were happily munching away! :wacko:

Haha! that's what I get for feeding them sweet potatoes as treats!!!!!! :o:P

• Like 1

haha sounds familiar! Zeph has always been great about not destroying anything, but i guess the fertilizer was just too tempting! I have never tried sweet potato as a treat, thats such a good idea, mine both love fruit, so i am sure they would love that too :)

LOL! sorry for the mess - but it is funny because I'm thinking of Tayamni & Coffey - they BOTH love the cat poop. It's a delicacy :blink:

Then there's the dog park and the fertilizer they spray on the grass and all the dogs start eating dirt because it smells like poop or something.

I got a call from my sister and our two had just dug in a different spot in the backyard.

They dug up some sweet potatoes and were happily munching away! :wacko:

Haha! that's what I get for feeding them sweet potatoes as treats!!!!!! :o:P

• Like 1

Nice picture! Running with the big dogs!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Happy day late Birthday to Zephyr. Other than my guy, I don't know who the other siblings are... But... Happy 1st Birthday!!!!! :-D

Their birthdays being on the first day of spring seems fitting to me, don't you think? :-)

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

And a very late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! I can't believe they are a year old, time really flies!

Happy day late Birthday to Zephyr. Other than my guy, I don't know who the other siblings are... But... Happy 1st Birthday!!!!! :-D

Their birthdays being on the first day of spring seems fitting to me, don't you think? :-)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nrrosque, don't worry, sometimes they don't have any personality what so ever as puppies but one might develop in year or two. You might need to take him to remedial silliness class though. I think I read on the forum somewhere about a supplement for AIDs with no sense of humor. Can't find the link...

Seriously Love this series of picture. I think my fav is the last one in the first set with the pillow.

First shot in the second set looks like this fierce photo of Shappa.

• Like 2

That is a REALLY great howl! I always miss the great pics and howls.

He really sustains it and seems happy as can be!!! :lol:

• Like 1

I love that 6th one, sitting in the chair. What personality!

• Like 1