May 2015

Tamarak

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3349 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

I see it.....This is one thing that I always take not of with the pups......does the eagle look like he is about to land to take prey with talons extended?,  is it aerobatic and swooping in flight like Johnathan Livingston Seagull (now there's an oldie) ?  is it a reflection in still water?  They are all so different....like a thumb print.  It would be interesting to get photos of all the pups "chest eagles" for comparison......Like a finger print.....  Wiki has a beautiful FULL on eagle. 

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#22 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

I see it!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#23 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

Maria, is Chhaya graying out as she gets older? I swear T looks lighter and lighter every year. It's especially apparent on his haunches, which are hardly black at all now. He is almost 5 (WOW where did the time go) now and already has a white outline to his lips so I think he will go quite gray in the face early on as well.

BC Jackie, they all have varying coat lengths, but T has definitely gotten a thicker stole as he's gotten older. He had one in the winter when he was younger, too, but this year's was just downright impressive.

He gets a lot of comments on his chest marking! I've always referred to it as his eagle but I've heard it called many other things as well. I love the thunderbird petroglyphs, they really do look a lot like it!

#24 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2283 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

Newkim is also Waki's daddy (maybe he makes good chest eagles?) Newkim had some interesting patterning. Waki has that white ring around his nose which gets bigger and smaller all the time. This spring it's really pronounced and has invaded half his nose (to the left of his white face stripe only). Also his coat is more salt and pepper right now vs black. Maybe T is going for the white nose ring look.

#25 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

Yes she is.  Her muzzle and her haunches is where I notice the most. Wow is right! You said he's almost 5...I had to think how old Chhaya is..she will be 7 in November. 

Chhaya's parents are Nova x Hopi.  If you go to the Breeders Page you can see them. I can see as she gets older too that she has this gold across her shoulders...it changes with the seasons.  If you notice her chest she has what alot of people call a "lighting bolt". These dogs are the best and everyday is more awesome with them.  So want another puppy!  I just can't do it right now. Hopefully within a year or two I will be able to.  I think Chhaya will be great with a puppy!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#26 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

This dog looks like a black version of Coyo.  I painted one wall the color of his eyes--those eyes.

Is his fur soft like a bunny, or more like a dog?

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#27 JJ Jordan

JJ Jordan

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

What an amazing dog and photo! I picked up my AI puppy on Saturday. Kim called me on Friday and I dropped what I was doing and drove up from San Diego. My intentions were to pick up a female red puppy. Instead bonded with one of Ravens puppies. A black and white male. I guess he is Tamaraks half brother? He is from Raven and Choco.

#28 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

Yes, JJ Jordan, your pup is Tamarack's half brother :)

And no, Tamarack's top coat is very sleek and glossy, but not unusually soft. I wish he was though!

And I stand corrected, Tamarack is not almost 5 but almost 4. I get confused ALL the time because it simultaneously feels like I just got him and also like I've had him forever. I can't remember what it was like to not have him in my life. He has also become very mature lately in his temperament. He reserves his silly moments for special occasions and now tends to have a much more sophisticated air about him. I think he will do fantastic with a puppy and will no doubt help teach manners... but I can just see the looks he's going to give me when he realizes the pup is here for good ;)

#29 nickrichard

nickrichard

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Boone, poker, Detroit Red Wing hockey and my great wife Denise. Not necessarily in that order, LOL

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

love this dog, very handsome.. 

Boone's daddy and pack leader!

#30 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

.... Tamarack is not almost 5 but almost 4. I get confused ALL the time because it simultaneously feels like I just got him and also like I've had him forever.

I know this feeling.

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users