45 replies to this topic

#41 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

I'm really sure she is not a Malinois. There is only one Malinois and four types of Belgian Shepherd dogs, Check it out

more Mal's Malinois

Debi I'm not trying to be a butt about this just trying to keep it straight. kind of like someone calling a NAID a AID.

Yes I am glad she is being cared for. she is beautiful and the puppies are going to be great I'm sure. Give her love for me.

Thanks, Todd! And by no means did I think you were being a butt! Bwahahaha...I appreciate it! And with what I just heard about how the owner thought Sasha was fixed...she told Missi "well the vet gave her a shot"! OMG!!

I have a feeling the original owner got took - perhaps Sasha has some Belgian in her - but not sure she's full blooded! Thank you! And they will be great puppies - I'm just glad they will all have homes! Will send the love on to her!

Edited by Debi, 11 March 2009 - 07:19 PM.

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

#42 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

UPDATE:

Sasha has just given birth to at least 5 pups and it looks like more are coming. So, Solsti now has a baby sister...Sirona Moon...will know in a few weeks which one ...but she's had 3 short haired and 2 long haired thus far...Missi says she looks like she still has a few!

Whew...I'm exhausted from all the excitement!

Update: 8 puppies - looking like 4 of each sex!!

Edited by Debi, 21 April 2009 - 07:06 PM.

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children" - Unknown

#43 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

UPDATE:

Sasha has just given birth to at least 5 pups and it looks like more are coming. So, Solsti now has a baby sister...Sirona Moon...will know in a few weeks which one ...but she's had 3 short haired and 2 long haired thus far...Missi says she looks like she still has a few!

Whew...I'm exhausted from all the excitement!

Update: 8 puppies - looking like 4 of each sex!!

Do you have any idea how many you want to keep?

Energizer Bunny indeed!! Are you off to China to adopt a baby next week?

Edited by Karen, 21 April 2009 - 08:13 PM.

I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#44 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

It's the season of 8 pups.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#45 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

Do you have any idea how many you want to keep?

Energizer Bunny indeed!! Are you off to China to adopt a baby next week?

Sasha is not mine! Bwahahaha Oh my! We have no canine in our family now - but she is my best friends dog (they are in North Carolina - we used Facebook tonight to support each other through the birth of the pups)!!

Sasha ended up having 9 puppies...and we are getting one. Missi is keeping one for herself, two are going to search and rescue in N.C. and one male is coming to Michigan for search & rescue and one female coming to Michigan to be a little sister to Solsti! So that leaves 4 puppies left...as she is in the rescue business - those won't last long!

No human babies for me...ever again! Bwahahaha! I prefer canines in my "old" age and don't have to worry about them coming home and telling me they are pregnant! Bwahahaha

#46 DebiSlaughter

DebiSlaughter

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

It's the season of 8 pups.

It was...she popped another baby girl out at the last minute. We picked the name Sirona Moon (personally relative...just as Solstice Son...Sirona is Celtic Goddess of healing and fertility and it means "star") and Missi didn't know - I posted on her Facebook that we had picked that name and she freaked...the puppy born right before she got the notification on Sirona's name had a little white star on her chest. Soooo...once again - the powers that be have shined on us! Bwahahaha

We'll be getting her in late June or early July...Missi is coming home for family reunion and we are meeting her in my hometown to pick up Sirona! It looks like it's going to be a VERY busy summer!!

Edited by Debi, 21 April 2009 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users