Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Chepi At 9 Months Plus Announcement!

Just a little update on Chepi since it has been a while.

She got her spay about a month ago and things went well, but unfortunately she is now a little shy to go in the car hahah. I am certain she will work through it as she has been very adaptive through her little anxieties. She is a very reactive dog to newcomers and especially neighbors, just a bit protective of my husband and I but not aggressive in the least bit.

She welcomes attention from anyone and everyone with an unyeilding excitement haha but I am hoping as she gets older this will calm. She has gotten much better with her manners and when she is greeting a guest and gets over excited she knows to sit or lay down before they will pet her.

Janessa has done a good job laying a foundation for us and Chepi stayed with her and Willow for two weeks this fall to give her some manners and learn from a very good dog.

Kennel training has been simple for us with her and I am thankful, and potty training went smoothly as well but she sometimes does not know she needs to pee and can't make it to the door on time. It's not very often and usually happens after a play session.

She is very intuitive and sweet, so I know when she is of age we will be able to grin her to help wi my anxiety, but until she can curb the excitement she will just be learning as we go.

Also, just a little announcement. Next year we are getting another AI pup! We are putting the deposit down soon and we are hoping for a little boy :)

IMG_7042.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG

• Like 9
What a darling face!

I know I still feel like she has that puppy look to her even though she has grown so much. She really had a tender look to her

• Like 1
She looks so much like Mickey. Her parents are Sage (F) and Flint (M). Mickey was born on Nov. 15, 2015. Mickey's eyes finally settled on a golden yellow

What beautiful pups you have! :) Her parents are little bird (F) and Rogues Rowdy (M) and she was born on March 22, 2016 :)

Chepi is gorgeous!!! How wonderful that you will have a little brother or sister for Chepi...it is love at first sight with them, isn't it? :) Yes, I still see puppy in her. It's only been three weeks since we got Wyot, and he already looks like he grew....I am enjoying every minute of puppydom, lol!! Good luck with your journey to your next AI pup!

• Like 3

Wow what a pretty face! Get's her out of trouble I bet! :P

Coffey is still reactive also. He's a year and a half. We are still training and training with him to learn to calm himself and pay attention to us. Work-In-ProgressHe is not aggressive with it either - just RE-ACTive.

I think he will calm around 2 yrs, from the little bits of ongoing progress we see.

May try some acupuncture sessions. I've heard that can help.

I don't know if you have any Vets or animal acupuncturists up where you are.

I'll let you know if we decide to try it. I lost the name of the practice I wanted to take him to .....

That's great! Two AI Dogs will have so much fun! Congrats :D

You may want to proactively take her outside to pee after playtime (even if she's just come in). The operation was in her abdomen and some female dogs in general need time to build up strength, so to speak.

• Like 1

Coffey is still reactive also. He's a year and a half. We are still training and training with him to learn to calm himself and pay attention to us. Work-In-ProgressHe is not aggressive with it either - just RE-ACTive.

I think he will calm around 2 yrs, from the little bits of ongoing progress we see.

May try some acupuncture sessions. I've heard that can help.

Before you try acupuncture, perhaps you may have heard of Rescue Remedy? It is a Bach flower remedy (all natural), and there is one specific for pets...it's great for calming, wonderful for their fears during thunderstorms or fourth of july fireworks... Any health food store or online store would carry that (honestly, I would get the people one, as it is the same exact thing, for a bit less money- I worked in the health food industry, so I know...)

If you try it, let me know how it works for Coffey.

I am actually amazed at Wyot's self control at this point...he's only 9 weeks old!!! :o Pretty well done with the potty training (we may of course have a few unavoidables)....he whines for a moment or two when he knows he's not supposed to do something, and puts one paw on my foot with the most apologetic look, and then buries his head between his paws!!! :D

Ignoring him when he does the wrong thing seems to work best of all, and second, the dreaded water bottle. At this point, he calms when he even sees the darn thing. He sits up at attention and looks around as if he isn't doing ANYTHING he isn't supposed to (like chewing a chair leg, or dragging a pillow off to take the stuffings out of it.. :P ), and then goes back to chewing his bullystick as if that was his intention the whole time...

I am working with family and people that visit to treat him the same way, so he learn early, and so far, so good. :)

I see every AI dog has such different temperaments and personalities...I love hearing of them all!!! :)

• Like 2