Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Felicity And Saluations From Cookie Land

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's greeting is brought to you by the letter C and the color Brown. Happy Spring. Although I'm not sure I believe it. It's been faux spring 5 times already. Sure the robins are back and last night

Today's guest story tellers are River Otter and Tree Stump. The seasons have changed but not much else at Cookie Land. There was wood cut season. Quite right. Not a bad way to go, for us dead trees

Spring, a time when the birds are singing and chocolate squirrels are falling from trees in front of little black and white dogs. Warm sun shines causes reptiles to sun themselves only to be kicked of

Posted Images

Here in Michigan fireworks were made legal for anyone a few years ago. This year people have gone wild. No idea why. Our house is situated near enough to the town's launch site that we are assured professional grade audio on the 4th, however neighbors in all directions have put on private shows from dusk to midnight that sound wise rival the town show.

Our house on the fourth eve of fire works..."Boom..pop,pop, pop.... BOOOM!" on continuous loop until they run out...

Waki: Bark!BarkBark! Bark! "Hey were being invaded! MOM, DAD, HEY"

Us: Come here

Waki - trot trot trot pop, sit and look at us with great intensity

Us: it's ok. Lay down. Bed time.

Waki - lays down between us, makes whale eye. (cover with his baby blanky) oh ok now I'm invisible.

Cake: ZZZZzzzzZZZ ping (Waki detection system goes off) slither slither, put head on Waki's bottom ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ

Shiva: ZZZZZ until one minute before the end and then "BARK BARK BARK" Hey I'm trying to sleep here. Knock it OFFF!"

• Like 3

sounds like everyone there weathered the weekend OK!

• 1 month later...

Many years ago (11?) Ruffwear made a tent for use as a portable crate. Well unless your dog is very submissive and obedient it really doesn't work as a crate but it IS a MOST BeLOVEd living space. Shivathebeniferous.jpg

Shiva the Beniferous would like you to know that he shares his thrown with His subjects....

ohtent7.jpg

ohtent6.jpg

ohtent5.jpg

ohtent4.jpg

ohtent3.jpg

ohtent.jpg

• Like 4

Looove the OOOO look on Waki's face in that one shot! I can just hear it! Soooo familiar!

• Like 1

How fun! Ayita would shred it in a heartbeat. Anything not nailed down and light enough for her to carry becomes a sparring partner, complete with sound effects and nibbles. Hoping this behavior modifies as she matures. I guess the other option is to get her a puppy :D...

• Like 1

LOL good one Mz. M!

Carolyn It took 2 years and a Cake to get Waki to stop eating anything with a zipper on it. A puppy is a great option.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It's after Labor day - guess it's fall! Can't believe you have some changing leaves already!

• 2 weeks later...

The new tubes have arrived. Tip - We went with the 6 inch spacing vs 4 inch because that's what we had that lasted 10 years plus outside with no care. 4 inch spacing sounds obnoxious and the extra hoops add cost due to the labor involved. We purchased from http://www.dogtunnels.net/default.aspx?ctl=ctl_ec_product&category_id=5&product_id=61 because we loved the colors and I believe these are the folks we originally purchased from.tubefirstrun.jpg

PS they offer a new 19 oz vs 16 oz with embossed surface - since 16 oz lasted 10 years with extreme abuse I didn't think the extra weight was worth it. These tunnels are also heavy to lug so why add more weight.. I don't think it will give me more life - Vinyl will age and I don't think more thickness will buy me anything.

newtubes.jpg

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

Were these the tubes you had in the Southern sun?

Wondering if the thicker or the coated would offer better UV protection for southern Florida.

Vinyl tarps and most grill covers are ruined within a year.

I don't want to spend extra money when not needed, and also don't want to buy something that won't last a few years.

I would like to have a tube in the yard someday.

Yes we had these in Texas year round for about 5 years before moving north so they have experienced 100+ degrees, high humidity and intense sun and last winter endured -18 F. The yellow one is still in ok shape. The teal one is starting to dis-integrate. I just lugged a 15 ft one to a spot under the apples. It wasn't too bad to carry. Would say it weighs less than Waki so under 40 lbs. I bet a 10 ft with 6 inch spacing wouldn't be too bad to set up and take down vs leaving out- they fold up reasonably small so could take up a spot in the garage possibly. You can email company with questions. I don't see weights but 10 and 6 should be the least heavy to carry.

yellowtube2004.jpg

Yellowtube2014.jpg

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 1

love the snow picture. no garage but was wondering about setup and take down. THANKS!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pix, beautiful fall colors (oh, and the leaves too!)

• 1 month later...

Did Cake split all that wood? Good job!!!!!!!

All are great pictures and the shot of the rainbow is absolutely incredible!

• Like 1

It is definitely fall in your neighborhood....my roses and iris are blooming... :huh: they think it's the beginning of spring.

Irises? Are they fall blooming? If not that would be weird.

We've had a very rainbowie fall with some of the most intense foliage in oranges and reds I've ever seen. It ran early too and came down fast. Now it looks more like late November. Deer are rutting. My boys are glued to Cake's bottom and a 14 point buck has been roaming the area looking to pick up Does.

We're suppose to have a hard winter. Waki is in hyper hunt mode. I've had to start teaching a new command: "no snacking" because every 10 feet for our whole walk he's pouncing and diving off after something or other. Cake on the other hand flushed some lovers (human) from the bushes yesterday. Funny the difference in what they hunt.

• Like 3

I think you must have a better camera than I do. Beautiful, excellent shots!

• Like 1

AS you know, I have been following Cake since the beginning. In the shot where she's standing alone, she looks quite sophisticated, although I know she is a down-to-earth kinda girl :P ...