Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Tarja And Sandra

Gee, I heard. So sorry you have to wait. I know Kim is having to schedule and reschedule. He is upset, and working hard to get them to you.

In the mean time, I know they are being well taken care of. They will probably be house(igloo) trained before you get them.

I know they will be glad to find their homes, and their own people, and place.

Hang on...they miss you as much as you miss them.

They should arrive Friday 26 th now.

Finally ! ! ! We hope all goes well and there will be no further setbacks.

Sometimes it feels like they are never going to get here ...

It has been a long wait !

I appreciate it tremendously that Kim goes trough all these trouble getting them to us.

We'll keep you informed.

Good news! Okay, the 26th! We'll be waiting to hear that they have arrived safely.

Sandra (and Michael)

This is such great news. You have been in my thoughts this whole time, and I'm looking forward to the photos of your new puppy in her new home, with her people where she belongs. If it is a he, same thing goes. (I hope I'm remembering right, and the "they" means you are getting another dog for another person.)

Karen

Edited by Karen

Looking at that was so familiar. Just like us. Ah, beautiful. What a graceful spirit.

They arrived ! ! ! ! :D

dscf5786_crop_Michael_and_Kyona_at_the_airport.jpg

She is so beautiful ! She is everything Kim said she would be and so much more ! This is a great day !

dscf5792_crop_Kyona_Mai_at_the_airport.jpg

She has this incredible mask !

dscf5885_crop__Kyona_Mai__home.jpg

It was a very very long trip and still she was happy and playful.

Congratulations with your new puppy. What a cute little girl she is.

She really is a beauty.

I wish you much a verry lucky and happy time with her.

Oh!! She is a beauty! Her little face is making me cry. Lucky you. Lucky all of you!

We, too, wish you much joy, and happiness.

So fun, after our conversations, to see that she is.....nothing like before, and still everything.

It took 4 hours to get them at the airport. We were so nervous.

And then they were there, both so incredibly gorgeous ...

They were happy and lively and weren't bodered by anything.

On the way home they continued playing for a wihile to fall asleep later on.

So cute !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai5D2NAHMWc

It took 4 hours to get them at the airport. We were so nervous.

And then they were there, both so incredibly gorgeous ...

They were happy and lively and weren't bodered by anything.

On the way home they continued playing for a wihile to fall asleep later on.

So cute !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai5D2NAHMWc

So glad they arrived safely, you will soon be thinking that they have always lived with you, they make themselves so much at home!

I still remember the amazement of havng my young fella, I stlll think he is the best dog ever, and even though he is now 11, I took him for a walk last night and a man I had never met before said "That is an amazingly good looking dog!" so Shunka shows how friendy he is, he knows when he is admired. I still got so proud when he is noticed this way, it has never gone away.

So ladies, they don't just pull nubile young ladies, they can also turn the lads heads too!

They look pretty happy. Taking it all in stride. Kim said he was getting pretty attached to them, and it was hard to let them go.

So ladies, they don't just pull nubile young ladies, they can also turn the lads heads too!

Hehehehehehe!

Hi Allison:

I can see how Kim got so attached. Eyota has only been in our house half a day and she has already bonded with everyone in the house. For someone who just traveled from the other side of the world, she walks around our house and yard as if she had been here before.

Perhaps it was more than fate that I was watching Brad Pitts new movie, "Benjamin

Button," before picking up my wife and Eyota at the airport this saturday morning (shortly after midnight). If you haven't seen the movie, in short its about a person who starts life as a young soul in an old body. Looking into Eyota's eyes today I saw a spiritual connection, but in reverse. She seems like an old soul in a young body (14 weeks to be exact).

I know its been said many times before but I can't help say how amazed I am with this puppy. She is everything I read and more! Allison, also many kudos go out to you for running this forum and keeping myself and my wfe updated and upbeat during this journey. Your a tireless foot soldier that makes a sometimes stressful process easier to handle.

This is the start of an exciting chapter for my family and if the first day is any indication, we

are on the road to many wonderful experiences and memories. Life changing events don't come around often. Receiving an AID's puppy is right up on my list, just below meeting

my wife and the birth of my two daughters.

Very heartfelt thank you,

Wallace

P1030995.JPG

P1040006.JPG

P1040015.JPG

P1040018.JPG

Thank you for the compliment. Thank you very much.

I see Eyota has what Kim calls, Teepee ears. I love that one of her sleeping next to the toy--all of them are excellent. Looks like you will get to see what good babysitters they can be.

You know, it struck me, watching the video, how they seemed so unaffected by the whole process. I keep reading that that is one of the lessons they have to teach us, to be in the moment, but it still impresses me, every time I see it.

Do you pronounce it eye-o-tah? or Ee-o-tah?

Allison and Debi :

I agree we are pretty fortunate. As far as the name, to be honest, I'm not sure what is the correct pronunciation. We found the name on an internet list of native american words. According to the webpage Eyota means great. We've been saying it with an emphasis

on the e...ee-yo-ta. Sounds like the car mfg Toyota, but with an e. We had to find a word

that was unlike anything in the finnish language, and believe me this language has its fair

share of strange words. I've been here 5 years now after moving from Phoenxi Arizona and

its only recently that I've gotten comfortable speaking and reading the language. This after 3 1/2 years of 4 day a week finnish classes. That said, my wife and I have decided to use english when giving commands to Eyota: sit, come, down, etc. My daughters talk to her in what can only be described as finglish..a little bit of english..a little bit of finnish.

Regards,

Wallace

P1040038.JPG

Allison and Debi :

I agree we are pretty fortunate. As far as the name, to be honest, I'm not sure what is the correct pronunciation. We found the name on an internet list of native american words. According to the webpage Eyota means great. We've been saying it with an emphasis

on the e...ee-yo-ta. Sounds like the car mfg Toyota, but with an e. We had to find a word

that was unlike anything in the finnish language, and believe me this language has its fair

share of strange words. I've been here 5 years now after moving from Phoenxi Arizona and

its only recently that I've gotten comfortable speaking and reading the language. This after 3 1/2 years of 4 day a week finnish classes. That said, my wife and I have decided to use english when giving commands to Eyota: sit, come, down, etc. My daughters talk to her in what can only be described as finglish..a little bit of english..a little bit of finnish.

Regards,

Wallace

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the smell of puppy and baby breath. This is a wonderful picture......its peaceful. Enjoy.

miz molly

Kyona is with us just one week and it feels already like she has been here forever. She fits in so well ! Like she has always been here. Amasing.

Our labrador Quinto plays with her so gently. He is a big strong 11 months old puppy himself but manages to dose his strenght towards her so he never hurts her. So fun to see. I'll have to video this one of these days.

Our Cavalier Jefke is the babysitter. He stays with her in the bench (crate)when we are of at work. This way Kyona is never alone. Works great.

Kyona_____Jefke.jpg

Friday Michael went to puppy class with Kyona. She was cautious but very brave. She did so well ! After this half hour she was so tired !

We feel so lucky having her !

Kyona_en_de_klaprozen.jpg

Last week when we arrived from the airport and finally got back home we let both the puppies off leash in the yard.

And this is how they reacted :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0L-18Fzwkg

After such a long journey they had plenty of energy left for a lot of tail action :rolleyes: . It was no nice for them to have finally some freedom of movement.

It were the last moments for the two sisters to be together :( .

Did you notice that Eyota is the one that takes lead ? Kyona just folows her sister around. She would not go anywere on herself.

They wanted to play ...

Kyona_Eyota_and_Lisa.jpg

Oh gosh! That had me laughing right along with you! So great to see those tails going!

Who is that wearing the Roland T-shirt? I've got Roland keyboards. Is someone else a music buff? I saw Kyona walk right into your lap. Is that you Sandra?

Thank you so much. Big smile on my face. A little puppy fix, for us.

Who is that wearing the Roland T-shirt? I've got Roland keyboards. Is someone else a music buff? I saw Kyona walk right into your lap. Is that you Sandra?

Hihihi , that's my oldest son Nick (13 y) :( not me . Roland sponsored summer camp he had with the youth firecorps he is with; They had this camp together with a youth firecorps from Germany. Nothing to do with music.

I am always the one holding the camera so not many pictures with me in it ...

Today was a hot day 30°C (86° F). So we went to a pond. For Kyona aswell for Quinto the first time. It went very well. Quinto is a labrador so going into the water went without hesistation. He had the time of his life ! Woudn't stop swimming and playing and jumping around ! So mutch fun !

Kyona tried almost immediatly, she followed Quinto without doubt but for her it wasn't that fantastic.

It was ok for a while and decided then she'd rather watch him instead of following him. :rolleyes:

Kyona_and_Quinto_in_de_vijver.jpg Kyona_in_de_vijveer.jpg

The pics and the video are great, Sandra! I don't think I could ever tire of watching these guys play.

Soul isn't too sure about water either. We had him at my brother-in-law's pool today and he was SO mad at me after I put him in! I got the "look" and he ignored me for 1/2 an hour!

The pups are soooooo awesome! The tail on the lighter one is adorable!!!!

I have more pics coming and a video is in the making. Find myself laughing (as you) so much at his antics I forget to take pics and vids!! Bwahahaha...great postings!