Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Fawn X Rowdy

You two sound like Linda and I....glad you are getting your pups tomorrow!!! Yes tomorrow!!! I so remember the wait...only 24 more hours! Here's a picture of when Chhaya and Malachi met since they were pups (about 10 months old...in Sept)

We are very, very excited for you.

Much more than just a pup is coming into your life. We've only had Draco since April and already it feels like he's been with us forever and we can't remember when he wasn't with us. (That may be because of lack of sleep and extra energy exertion, but I think it's more about the deep Soul connection these dogs find so vital.)

Even if it has been forever, from what I am reading, everyone loves and longs for that first meeting of pups and people.

I've uploaded a couple of before and after pictures of Draco and Rocco.

Draco, Then and Now

Draco_Then_and_Now.jpg

Rocco, Then and Now

Rocco_Then___Now.jpg

The pictures of them as pups are not accurately sized within the bigger photo. But, it does give a sense of the size and shape changes they go through in just a few short months.

Congrats on the new pups. Please upload some photos as soon as you can. We are all hungry for those good vibes!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, you are going to have so much fun getting to know your new friend.

We know exactly what Gib means by 'forever'

We've only had Jas since early August, but seems like he just "FIT" and made himself an integral part of our lives.

I really cannot imagine Not having him around. (believe me I Know! we just survived his 'elective surgery' yesterday.. longest day EVER! LOL)

This will be such a wonderful adventure for you and your pup.

Enjoy! Take LOTS of pictures. They grow up So Fast. And it seems like moments and then they are knee high and are trying on their adult wisdom for size.. :)

Good luck!

Much more than just a pup is coming into your life. We've only had Draco since April and already it feels like he's been with us forever and we can't remember when he wasn't with us. (That may be because of lack of sleep and extra energy exertion, but I think it's more about the deep Soul connection these dogs find so vital.)

Even if it has been forever, from what I am reading, everyone loves and longs for that first meeting of pups and people.

Draco, Then and Now

Draco_Then_and_Now.jpg

Rocco, Then and Now

Rocco_Then___Now.jpg

The pictures of them as pups are not accurately sized within the bigger photo. But, it does give a sense of the size and shape changes they go through in just a few short months.

Congrats on the new pups. Please upload some photos as soon as you can. We are all hungry for those good vibes!!

The differnce in Draco from pup to adult is amazing in the color changes. Beautiful dogs, as soon as I can I will post pictures not to sure on how to do it but my daughter will help me.

Gib, Love those! Thank you so much for that work. I feel I will be referring to those many times.

And Star, I cannot believe that is little Jas! He already looks bigger and more mature than Sitka. Gorgeous dog. How much is he weighing in at?

Good luck, tonight, Natalie and N'wa. I know they will love you. Kim sent me something for you. Let me look for that.

Oh, you are going to have so much fun getting to know your new friend.

We know exactly what Gib means by 'forever'

We've only had Jas since early August, but seems like he just "FIT" and made himself an integral part of our lives.

I really cannot imagine Not having him around. (believe me I Know! we just survived his 'elective surgery' yesterday.. longest day EVER! LOL)

This will be such a wonderful adventure for you and your pup.

Enjoy! Take LOTS of pictures. They grow up So Fast. And it seems like moments and then they are knee high and are trying on their adult wisdom for size.. :)

Good luck!

He is pretty, heck they are all beautiful dogs. This is going to be the longest day ever:)

Here's something to help pass the time from Kim:

Spud ~

This has only happened once before in MI I believe? Two new owners

picking up pups (brothers) at the same airport at the same time, both

living in AR in towns close to one another.

Roselyn Piechal & Natalie Thorton = both already on the forum, but

thought this is an interesting tid-bit for the forum for you to bring

up.

Draco, Then and Now

Draco_Then_and_Now.jpg

Rocco, Then and Now

Rocco_Then___Now.jpg

Hey Gib, what great photos of the pups. They sure have changed.

Everyone, It would be wonderful to add to this thread with the changes in your pups. I would just love to see more owners show this change in their pups. It is so dramatic. Here are some pics of Tolinka however I'm not as clever as you, Gib, in putting the photos together. That was very nice.

Tolinka as a small pup of innocence.....looking anyway. That little brat :)

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/style_images/.../attach_add.png

Here he is as a "teenager." B)

Here he is at 1 1/2 years. I totally agree with you....can't remember what it is like not having him in my life. He is truly a "spirit" dog. :)

I look forward to getting another pup hopefully this next year along with bees and chickens, grapes and olives. Yep I'm going to turn myself into a producer of honey, wine, olives, and eggs. It's going to busy around here. "The Little Bell Hallow Farm."

CRW_6384.jpg

IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6887.jpg

Gib, cool. It's funny how many of us have that kind of thing, a way to show the progression of our dogs' growth. For some of us it is a slideshow, or we'll compare photos like Molly just did, but I think the picture-in-picture is a first! :)

I am considering moving these to Linda's post called "Changes". If anyone has a problem with this, or would prefer I start another thread, let me know through the PM system.

A new thread might be a good idea, too. Pups to Dogs...?

OK! OMG! the best pup ever.... Been playing ever since we've got home rolling in the grass smelling everything. Playing hard now hes asleep in the kennel and Iam able to write this... Love him alot :) hopefully I will be able to get some sleep. Thanks again Kim and Arlene!

OK! OMG! the best pup ever.... Been playing ever since we've got home rolling in the grass smelling everything. Playing hard now hes asleep in the kennel and Iam able to write this... Love him alot :) hopefully I will be able to get some sleep. Thanks again Kim and Arlene!

Congrats. Mists of joy in my eyes. Enjoy every moment.

That's what we like to hear! Hope you sleep well, too, but I won't hold my breath.

I sleep about 4 hrs, he woke up at 6:00 put him out side to potty, good boy....Hes wonderful and I have my granddaughter here today bonding with him its a great day. Hes everything I had hope for and more. :)

I sleep about 4 hrs, he woke up at 6:00 put him out side to potty, good boy....Hes wonderful and I have my granddaughter here today bonding with him its a great day. Hes everything I had hope for and more. B)

Don't want to disappoint you or bring you down, but you are going to have to get used to your puppy being everything (and more) you were hoping for. :)

Fortunately, you have the rest of your lives together to get used to it!

And, there will probably be times when you'll try to figure out how Kim knows which pup is (y)ours.

And, the next litter of pups that ready to go to homes? You will find yourself saying, "It's been a few months, perhaps it's time to get another puppy!"

The logic that Joan and I seem to be using is: if one pup is perfect, two pups will be more than twice as perfect. (That's good logic, right?!!?)

Any photos you can post, will just make us all go "Awwwww".

Enjoy.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh yes, the joys and sighs of happy puppy parents. B) All I have to say is that it gets better and better every day you are with them. :) It just keeps getting better, there is no end to it.

I so remember that feeling...and while there will be trials and tribulations; in another year, you'll still feel the same! Congrats!

-Deb & Soul

Horray! I'm happy for you all, have a ball. Training a puppy is tops in my list of fun things to do.

And Gib, the reasoning that is compelling you to get another dog is correct! Two dogs are better than one. We've never had two before now, and while two does make going out of town a lot more complicated (Doug and I are both from the east coast, so we do have to fly away from time to time), I think we'll probably have to get a pup when Roscoe breathes his last. His life also got more complicated when another dog joined our household, but it got much better. I can't imagine Danza not having another dog to keep her company and be her compatriot. I'm sure her life would be much duller, and she'd be lonely.

Horray! I'm happy for you all, have a ball. Training a puppy is tops in my list of fun things to do.

And Gib, the reasoning that is compelling you to get another dog is correct! Two dogs are better than one. We've never had two before now, and while two does make going out of town a lot more complicated (Doug and I are both from the east coast, so we do have to fly away from time to time), I think we'll probably have to get a pup when Roscoe breathes his last. His life also got more complicated when another dog joined our household, but it got much better. I can't imagine Danza not having another dog to keep her company and be her compatriot. I'm sure her life would be much duller, and she'd be lonely.

Thanks to everyone I love him alot:) He is a great puppy funny and charming! His potty training is going great a few misshaps yesterday but I did have the grandbaby... Todays a better day no misshaps, Yeah!!! I've been trying to get a picture on here but I'm having problems, so as soon as I can figure out what I'am doing wrong we can let you see what a sweetie he is. Oh by the way I know its not a Indian name but his name is Wylee. Its also easy for my grandbaby to say.

MiKah__s_arrival_062.JPGThose pics are just AMAZING.

We picked our pups up at XNA Weds. evening..... this was a first: two pups from one litter going to the same airport to people who did not know each other beforehand. The pups had traveled for 15 hours, from 6am until 930pm. They did well and arrived in great shape. We got to meet Natalie and her husband and took some pics in the airport. Will try to get them on here.

Our pup taught us the meaning of "Song Dog Kennels" a couple of times during the night that first night, but now, he is sleeping thru the night and just awakens to go out. He arrived almost fully house broken. He has had one accident since he arrived. He goes to the door and whines every time!!! He is with out a doubt, the smartest dog we have ever seen. Kim tried to prepare us and I have read so many of you on here say how smart they are. It is SOO true. We are so happy with this lil guy and he is more than we could have ever dreamed of.

Thanks Kim!! I have to go to Walmart to get some more batteries tonight for the camera. This is the second set I've used up since we got him. He is officially, MiKah.

MiKah__s_arrival_071.JPG

MiKah__s_arrival_063.JPG

MiKah_is_home_013.JPG

MiKah_is_home_019.JPG

019.JPG

Mikah_Nov_14th_2010_002.JPG

N'wa-

Just give up and get rechargeables.. LOLOL

That's what we did. :(

that way we have a recharged set ready to go, so we don't miss anything ;)

Good Luck- and Have fun!

Pups are cute as buttons!

you can see Rowdy's influence

(he's a charmer, by the way! so watch out *grin*)

It looks like a great life already. Lucky pups! So happy for you. Very cute little pups.

And yes, rechargeable batteries are the only way to keep up with them. Always have a set plugged in and charged.

Good Morning ALL

Well, this is a new way of life for sure. MiKah goes to work and stays in Bill's office when he's not up in someone's arms. This is his 3rd day here. We are all adapting to this new life with puppy. The drive to work this am included a stop to let MiKah do some important business. He makes his needs known the same way every time: intense wiggling and whining. Once at work, he sniffs everything over, greets the staff, finds his crate, a chew to nibble, snuggles down and off to sleep. Third day and there seems to be a routine. He seems to like Bill's office because there is a glass door and he can look out and keep an eye on everything. There's a nice grassy area too on the other side of the door. MiKah knows if he has to go, he can stand at the glass door, whine loudly, and someone will grab the leash and take him out. He's also learning that good behavior keeps the crate door open and he comes and goes as he pleases. Misbehaving buys him a nap in there with the door closed. Funny how much like a child he is. He seems to get rowdy and wild when he needs a nap. So it all works out well.

Friday, he got to take a walk next door and meet Dr. Laura, the veterinarian. She weighed him and said, "Wow 11lbs 2 oz. You are a big boy!!" She checked his stool for worms and gave him a kennel cough vaccine, trimmed his nails, gave him a treat. and back to work he went.

We LOVE this puppy!!!

At the grand age of almost 3, Danza got her crate door closed this morning. She's been sleeping in her crate all along, and probably always will - she loves her crate! It is her own special den. We covered it with a cozy blanket and she can't wait to go in at night to bed down. But this morning she was barking at something outside, and my husband got up and motioned for her to go into the crate, and she trotted right in and watched with interest as he closed the door. And she didn't make a peep after that!

I guess it's handy that we kept it up.

Misbehaving buys him a nap in there with the door closed.