Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Echo And Sandy

I will reply to everyone who has donated their time to relay the message to hubby in hiding (Brian) about the trip...but I have come to an impasse and his logic is good! Bwahahaha

As our daughter won't be out of school until the end of May - the trip out can't be made in time to get our little one...SO...we came to this agreement...

Sol will be flown to us by Kim when he can get on the plane (I'm hoping its around 6-weeks old and not 8...that's just too long) and THEN...in December we will be sending Kim our deposit for a female pup (yes, I am all ready planning our second one - it was part of the deal)...which we will then plan our 2010 vacation around. This is a win-win for me! Bwahahaha as I get a second pup AND get to get him into the car for the trip...and Lisa - he says we will be camping!

So...we'll be making the trip out west in 2010 with Solstice Son in tow to pick up a baby sister for him and Sol will be flying to Michigan to be with us in May!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps we can plan the 2010 Gathering around that time?

So...we'll be making the trip out west in 2010 with Solstice Son in tow to pick up a baby sister for him and Sol will be flying to Michigan to be with us in May!

Now Kim just has to get a bitch to cooperate!

Perhaps we can plan the 2010 Gathering around that time?

Now that sounds like a plan! We sat down last night and mapped it all out (Brian is the analyzer, I'm the take action person) and as long as Kim can get a bitch to cooperate **Per Karen's reminding us of that** we are thinking early June.

It would be great to see everyone and have a little "reunion" for our pups!

Now Kim just has to get a bitch to cooperate!

That is the kicker, isn't it, Karen? **Big Smile**

Figure early summer/late spring. The kiddo will be out of school and if we plan this now we can be flexible on the arrival...Brian has to plan it all out - I just kind of jump right in with both feet. I hate the planning part of it!!

Sol will be flown to us by Kim when he can get on the plane (I'm hoping its around 6-weeks old and not 8...that's just too long) and THEN...in December we will be sending Kim our deposit for a female pup (yes, I am all ready planning our second one - it was part of the deal)...

If you can handle the wait and other puppies are still going to be with Kim, let the puppy stay with mom and siblings (they learn so much from them) until he is at least 8 weeks old. 6 weeks is very young to be leaving the litter AND flying all by himself (most airlines have an 8 week old minimum requirement to be in cargo, I think). Plus I, personally, wouldn't ship a puppy alone, or even take one home myself as a pet that traveled that way, until it's at least 10 weeks. Just my two cents....

Also, my Dobie's name is Solstice and we call her Solie! Her registered name is Irongate's Winter Solstice as she as born on 12/21 at midnight and the entire rest of the litter was born 12/20.

Anyway, goodluck with the waiting! That's a hardest part...!

Ronin_and_Solie_2_21_09__1_.jpg

If you can handle the wait and other puppies are still going to be with Kim, let the puppy stay with mom and siblings (they learn so much from them) until he is at least 8 weeks old. 6 weeks is very young to be leaving the litter AND flying all by himself (most airlines have an 8 week old minimum requirement to be in cargo, I think). Plus I, personally, wouldn't ship a puppy alone, or even take one home myself as a pet that traveled that way, until it's at least 10 weeks. Just my two cents....

Also, my Dobie's name is Solstice and we call her Solie! Her registered name is Irongate's Winter Solstice as she as born on 12/21 at midnight and the entire rest of the litter was born 12/20.

Thanks for the advice, Emmie! We will be patient - I want what is best for our little guy! I am hoping the pups are born the week of the Solstice - which would be perfect for his name. At this time we are leaving it up to Kim to decide when the little one is ready to board is first flight. A good thing is he will fly on Delta and they are really good about taking care of their pets on board. My friend, Missi (rescue girl in NC) flies her pups thru Delta and has not had a problem in 5 years...

The wait is the hardest part - but we have waited this long - another 2-3 weeks won't kill us (I don't think)! I'm like a mother in waiting - I've been nesting for the last few days in the bedroom preparing his room!

The pic is great!!

Edited by Debi

I'm sure Kim won't ship a pup too young. Anyway, I agree with not taking one too young. Kim had Danza picked out for me, and he wanted us to come get her when we did, but she was only 7 weeks old when we got her and I'm sure another week in the igloo would have done her some good. (He had a lot of pups!) She was funny - she picked out a tiny spot on the corner of the carpet where she felt safe, and would not leave it. :unsure: We'd pick her up to take her outside to pee, but she peed on it if she wasn't in her crate so we ended up rolling the carpet up and putting it away, and she just stayed in the same spot sans carpet anyway. She slowly increased her range. She was so young.

Edited by Karen
Thanks for the advice, Emmie! We will be patient - I want what is best for our little guy! I am hoping the pups are born the week of the Solstice - which would be perfect for his name. At this time we are leaving it up to Kim to decide when the little one is ready to board is first flight. A good thing is he will fly on Delta and they are really good about taking care of their pets on board. My friend, Missi (rescue girl in NC) flies her pups thru Delta and has not had a problem in 5 years...

The wait is the hardest part - but we have waited this long - another 2-3 weeks won't kill us (I don't think)! I'm like a mother in waiting - I've been nesting for the last few days in the bedroom preparing his room!

The pic is great!!

Just my two cents but two weeks makes a world of difference in these kids. Ours was 8 weeks and it was much better. Our oldest, Willie, was three months and that was pefect. I know you're anxious but two weeks does make a difference and the boss man, Kim, knows what's best. He truly does!!

Judy K

Just my two cents but two weeks makes a world of difference in these kids. Ours was 8 weeks and it was much better. Our oldest, Willie, was three months and that was pefect. I know you're anxious but two weeks does make a difference and the boss man, Kim, knows what's best. He truly does!!

Judy K

Okay, okay - I am now willing to wait another two or three weeks! Bwahahaha

The experts have all spoken and believe me, I listen when you all speak! :unsure:

Brian said this morning he's going to have to limit my trips to Pet Smart from here until further notice! Briana and I went grocery shopping yesterday and ended up with more for Solsti than for the fridge! Bwahahaha

He now has a new "rug" that will be his "time out" area (worked for the other dogs very well and so we are going to stick with it), three new pull toys that are his size, a new reversible bed cover, a new leash, and the cat has a new bed (he continues to try and jump up to the table where the pups bed is stashed). Hee hee - little does Brian know that we also ordered a personalized bowl set while we were there! I am SO bad and the daughter is catching the puppy bug now!

Edited by Debi

Judy K

Do check with Kim on this if you have concerns either way. I'm sure he could give you the pros and cons either way. Most generic books I've read suggest eight weeks but I have spent some time talking with Kim about this and from what I've gathered from him is that he believes the AID developes earlier. I got my last two AIDs at closer to six weeks of age and they did great! I believe he does not let them go before they are six weeks.

The best way to do it is to just take home the whole litter....kidding.

The best way to do it is to just take home the whole litter....kidding.

Well there's an idea! As soon as I hit the lottery and we buy the land across the road! Bwahahaha

We use the field across the street as a play area and the owners are wonderful - animal activists - and they are as excited about Solsti coming as we are! They were impressed with the frisbee and soccer games we played with Meekos, so I have fed their eagerness with Todd's videos and other's adventures!

We are eager, but know to defer to Kim's judgment and the the airlines rules. As it stands, we are open for the month of May and June before our vaca time kicks in - so we are going to focus on getting him acclimated when he gets here and then start our adventures! Some of my tutorees are making him a little carrier for my bike in shop! Bwahahaha

hahaha funny stuff!

Hey Debi I can take your puppy home with me and I'll keep it as long as you want. by day five it will be crate trained, sleeping through the night and a pretty good grasp of the "Hurry" command.

Just trying to help a sista out!

hahaha funny stuff!

Hey Debi I can take your puppy home with me and I'll keep it as long as you want. by day five it will be crate trained, sleeping through the night and a pretty good grasp of the "Hurry" command.

Just trying to help a sista out!

Hmmmm...as much as that sounds enticing - I kinda look forward to doing some training on my own - although...hmmm...can you get him to jump as high as Bella in that time frame? Bwahahaha we might have a deal if that is included? :-)

Ok Debi you can train your own dog! Bwahahaha!

According to Kim's best guesstimate Echo's due date is the 23rd and Sandy's is the 31st!!!

OH BOY!!! it's becoming real!! It looks like I will be on schedule for a early to mid May trip up north!

Elianna, I never answered your question about the marathon at Crater Lake. It was in 2001. Can't wait to go back the view from the top of Mt Scott is just awesome and a must see.

Todd

Ok Debi you can train your own dog! Bwahahaha!

According to Kim's best guesstimate Echo's due date is the 23rd and Sandy's is the 31st!!!

OH BOY!!! it's becoming real!! It looks like I will be on schedule for a early to mid May trip up north!

Elianna, I never answered your question about the marathon at Crater Lake. It was in 2001. Can't wait to go back the view from the top of Mt Scott is just awesome and a must see.

Todd

2001 would have been long after we were gone. I have to agree with you there! The views are....well, leave you speechless.

Keep in touch as the time gets closer maybe we can get together. I know Luko~ta would love to see puppies (and if he doesn't I do!)

Not much longer at all!

I will keep you posted and would love to hook up and met you and the famous Luko~ta!!

First time I ever used the ~ key. It's the only key on my board that isn't dirty!! Bwahahaha

I was just wondering about those pups , too. I am sure he will let us know.

Kim says he is expecting Echo's pups March 23rd, or within a couple three days of that.

Sandy is due on the 31st …. Neeci is pregnant & due on April 7th.

These dates coincide with their first breeding, so that accounts for the couple days--depending on when they took.

Kim says he is expecting Echo's pups March 23rd, or within a couple three days of that.

Sandy is due on the 31st …. Neeci is pregnant & due on April 7th.

These dates coincide with their first breeding, so that accounts for the couple days--depending on when they took.

I was thinking the 23rd for Echo - she's the one on my cell phone app that is counting down! I am getting SO excited! {{BIG GRIN}}}

Well, Kim and I have been working on something, talking day and night, and all of a sudden he's dropped out.

He might just be busy, OR......

Echo had her pups; there are some difficulties. Kim and Arlene have their hands full, so more soon.