Okonee Creek Indian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:24 AM

Tim James sent this ... A carved statue of an Okonee Creek Indian and his

dog. This is the lead (or Blue / gray) color we still have in our breeding
program. Please share with forum members -

okoneecreekindianwithdog.jpg

(This is from a tour of the Okefenokee Swamp, where some owners are vacationing. This is near where my mother was born and raised in Georgia. Growing up, I heard many stories about this place.  It feels, very strangely, like a full circle.  She never met my dogs. If she had, I wonder what memories it might have sparked. )

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Coffey please

Coffey please

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Native American ceremonies, crafts, movies, a good book to read, my dog (Roger -a dash hound mix), swimming, camping, travels(vacations or sabbaticals), FAMILY, good food. Time with A.I. dog when he / she is here (Roger and Tayamni included on time with). I am able to add in that Coffey is a much WONDERFULL addition to my family and am looking to MANY new memories (as well as years) with him. My Roger has left our Junior mint (and Tayamni)to help with balance in our lives and home (where ever home may be).

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

To Alison, Is Okefenokee Swamp any where near Brunswick Georgia ? Sounds like a familiar place that I was told about back about ten plus years and never got to go and visit.

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

It's not too far, but in Ware county, inland from Brunswick. There is the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge, which is fairly easy to find on a map.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users