#21 Eavhrf

Eavhrf

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, homeopathy, naturopathy, animals

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Increase by 1/4 tsp when and if necessary. So far most are getting results with 1/4 to 1/2 tsp x3 per day. If your dog happens to gave a loose stool, just reduce the dose a little.

#22 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

oh I see. Tumeric ( a tuber) has curcumin in it and so the powdered Tumeric is what you are using. You are just saying don't go get some Curcumin extract that has been concentrated. NP.

#23 Eavhrf

Eavhrf

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Correct...way to strong. My source is The Tumeric Users Group ( TUG) and anyone can join and see what others are using it for and what products the are using.

#24 Eavhrf

Eavhrf

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Increase by 1/4 tsp when and if necessary. So far most are getting results with 1/4 to 1/2 tsp x3 per day. If your dog happens to gave a loose stool, just reduce the dose a little.

#25 Roots

Roots

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, hiking, just about any type of exercise and vintage Italian scooters.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Whoa more good possibilities!! Stress could be an issue but not related to our remodel. Nidoba came home to us when we were in the thick of it. The last 4 years it has been going on but has slowed to nearly zero over, especially this past year. Maybe she is stressed because she misses it : D Other things stress her though; noises...of all kinds. We'll keep an eye on her in that regard. She gets plenty of exercise. A routine she has. It's been basically the same for years. We don't have other dogs for her to play with but we have a cat that loves to play with her. She has toys and balls, etc but doesn't care much for fetch.... Well occasionally but she is not fixated on it like some dogs. Tumeric - we'll look into that a little more! Worried about Flea "medicine" once month? - sure, but having fleas worries me more. Thank you everyone. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Nidoba is doing better. She seems to not be interested in chewing herself right now. That is great! However, aside from what the vet prescribed we have not changed anything out of the ordinary for her. *Great point about the stress from being kenneled. She has never been to one, but it does help to illustrate your point about stress being alleviated by chewing.

#26 MeganC

MeganC

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Have you done allergy testing? It can be a little pricey, but can save you money in the long run. Not only can they test what they are allergic to, but to what degree they are allergic to a specific allergen. They have tests for both food and environmental allergies. You'd be surprised at the things they can be allergic to; grasses, proteins, grains, peas(in almost every dry dog food), cats, local wild animals, cleaning agents, humans, trees, dust, etc. Might be worth a shot if nothing else works. Also, maybe a thyroid check? Sometimes, aside from stress and allergies, some dogs will chew/lick themselves excessively if their thyroid is off.

Edit: I did not read the dates on this post! Well, I hope 2 years later everything has cleared up :lol: 

Edited by MeganC, 25 March 2017 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users