Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

My appologies about the slow forum. My on-going dispute with the ISP continues : we are currently getting less than 1/10th of what I'm paying for in bandwidth.

Because of this, I'm switching vendors. This is too absurd. Over the next few weeks, depending on how soon I can get the cable installed (physical upgrade too!), I'll be switching the forum over to use the ISP. This will cause some disruption as the moving of the DNS (internet name to IP reference) may take a few days.

I'll be posting news and status as I get it.

Yay- Better Bandwidth.. or Any bandwidth.. lol

Booo! stupid ISP

Yay! new ISP

and again- Thank you for all you guys do to keep this forum up and running for the rest of us. You are Awesome!

Yeah!!!!

I was begining to think there was something wrong with my computer ( or the confuser) as I was feeling.

Lisa

Great news. Apparently I have no patience, so I'm looking forward to no waiting for page loads.

Sorry this is taking so much effort! It is appreciated, very much. Thanks Bruce.

Yo baby yo. We switched at our house in Waitsburg, already. So excellently fast and smooth. You guys will love it!

As usual I lost a few brain cells reading AIDOGS post. Pop pufff and some smoke. Oh, wait the idiot is for someone else.

So are you saying you have lazy magic gnomes and you are switching to better ones?

Sherab- Apparently the 'old' ISP is using the out-dated abacus processor..

The new service is slated to go in Monday morning.

That's step one.

The next to happen is that I need to get all of the DNS entries ported over to the new service. I think I can do this with out too much disruption, but I'm looking into it.

You are awesome Bruce. It will be really NICE when we get out of "slo-mo." Thanks for all of your work that you are doing. In my book you are a GENIUS!!! -_-

I've been wondering for a while why it seemed so slow....that's great news....I agree with everyone else too...thanks so much for the effort at maintaining the site...it's really a labor of love & that come shining through!

So I've got the cable setup, business class, yada yada yada....

I'm seeing a consistent 10mBaud on my upload side (conversely, it's your download bandwidth). This is really, really good. This is over 50 times better than the ADSL phone we're currently one.

Now comes the tricky and slow part of moving the names. This will cause an outage as the name will resolve incorrectly until the name propagates out to all the DNS locations. We will be seeing erratic outages for a few days.

I post a warning before I change the names.

Duly noted.....and yea, speedy Gonzalez over by here.....

So much better. I am loving it! Just like old times.

I am ready when you are, but give me a heads up. Things are hopping.

It's so fast, I don't have time to read 4 emails while things are processing. HAPPINESS IS BACK. thanks Bruce. You're the best! :)

It's so fast, I don't have time to read 4 emails while things are processing. HAPPINESS IS BACK. thanks Bruce. You're the best! :)

Yeah, what she said. :)

Okay. Tests passed.

WE ARE VERY CLOSE.

I'll be restructuring the network tonight in preparation of the new provider and the Domain Name changes.

We may have a bumpy next couple of days but if I don't have any serious problems retrieving puppy pix will be a joy once more.

• Like 1

Woo hoo!

Bam! Happy Speed Loads!

Awesomeness Bruce!!!!

I should'a figured you'd be able to detect exactly when things settled down, Starghoti!

Thanks....'cause I've been testing in the blind. Let me know if you guys have problems (through the forum; my mx record is horked at GoDaddy and I'm trying to fix that...but there should not be an impact to youse).

We are currently running at 20mb/10mb. You guys should should be seeing almost 50x-100x better upload/download times.

Things seem to be better than they were here but still kind of slow. I think it is my internet though. It seems to be fast at times and quite slow at others. Not much to choose from as far as internet goes here.

Oh yeah baby, quick returns, and even dropping it at my feet!

I'll go try some pictures.

Giggle, giggle, snort...dang that's fast!