Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Ok- we went to Kim's and met the dogs on Sunday.

..... :)

Wow! :)

That about sums it up.

Wow...

Once we get moved into our new house, we will get ourselves on 'The List' : if we were found to be acceptable...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok- we went to Kim's and met the dogs on Sunday.

..... :)

Wow! :)

That about sums it up.

Wow...

Once we get moved into our new house, we will get ourselves on 'The List' : if we were found to be acceptable...

I would put yourself on the list now....you can always say no if the timing is wrong, but if you ask others......they will probably tell you that the wait time, when the timing is right, seems like forever and a day.....

Just my two cents worth

That sounds so familiar...

It's a mind-blower, isn't it? To see an entire kennel full of true dogs, as Nature intended, sort of re-calibrates your whole perception of 'dog'.

You must have thought of your Gypsy. Kim would suggest that her spirit might have led you to the Song Dogs.

I probably should have been more specific. That we would want to wait until we were in the house before we adopted a pup. Getting on the list is first. Then moving and getting settled. Then puppy. :)

Oh, and to help put a face with the names Here's a pic of Mina (wearing black) and Myself (Anna)

Edited by Starghoti

@ Allison-

Yes! Amazing!!

And Yes I saw pieces of Gypsy in the dogs. Eyes here, coat there, 'the Look' in that dog... Very similar in type and mind and movement.. Eerie actually. And Kewl at the same time. If I come across a picture of her while packing, I promise to scan it in and share-

Anyone who unscrews her Oreos is okay by me.

Anyone who unscrews her Oreos is okay by me.

:)

@Allison - Look for me on FBook. Same handle

Ha! Just try to find her on FB. I dare you.

?? Heck- if my Sister can find me.. anybody can (she is self-described as eTarded!)

They have been trying to get me in facebook for a while. I'm resisting. I dislike the data mining that goes on there.

AAAhhhh-

I totally understand.

I resisted for the longest time as well, however- it was the best and easiest way to stay in touch with many long distance friends/family. And I have geek friends, I selectively use as many of the privacy settings as I can, and my computer is locked down tighter than a scared mollusk.

my computer is locked down tighter than a scared mollusk.

Hahahahaha! Very funny.

Yay! found the pictures of Gyps

Sorry they aren't super clear, had to shoot them with camera to put them up. :D

One is her chilling on the bed, the other is her playing KeepAway with Poe the Crow (you can just see the tennisball in her mouth) Poe was a Humane Society bird foster we had one summer. Lone survivor of his clutch. Gyps helped me raise him, and they made up games between themselves. Weird and Cool. Can you tell I grew up in a strange household?? :D

oh, and Poe brought his 'flock' by to visit the next spring. He had half a dozen other crows with him, and it developed, over the summer, into a sizeable murder. *proud momma grin*

Gypsy.jpg

GypsnPoe.jpg

That is so cool! We are also bird lovers, and there are a couple bird owners--that is people owned by birds--on the forum.

Coyote's middle name is Crow. Coyote Crow Dog.

I can see we will have much to talk about.

I can see we will have much to talk about.

I am on several chat 'thingies' Yahoo, Gmail, Aim, and course the dreaded FBook :D

starghoti@ymail, anna.sheldrake@gmail, sybrie, Starghoti - respectively, (minus the requred .com to thwart spybots)

I'd say you could PM me but I'm not that special yet... :D

Oh, and the chat/friend invite is extended to any forum folks that feel so inclined.

Not JUST Allison.. :D

you get crap no matter what chat site you go on so give in and climb abord with the rest of us haha

They have been trying to get me in facebook for a while. I'm resisting. I dislike the data mining that goes on there.

will do invite is right back at you I am under linda bell I think

Oh, and the chat/friend invite is extended to any forum folks that feel so inclined.

Not JUST Allison.. :D

will do invite is right back at you I am under linda bell I think

Oh Very Funny :D do you KNOW how many Linda Bells are on FB???

har de har har

Oh and [insert frantic panic'd scream here]

Hubby and I are in process of buying a house. -- aka buying a yard for Mina.. Bwahahaha

Said house-deal may be going completely South...

Due to funding requirements like- oh, say a roof with at least 3 yrs life left..

The seller is dis-inclined to spend anything on the house, and we can't buy it to then fix the roof without lender funding..

We find out today (or tomorrow at the latest) what is going to happen.

Sorry folks, I just need to vent.

Did I mention that the $6500 property tax rebate window has closed?

So essentially with what we've spent on inspections and fees etc.. when all is said and done-

We will have lost $7500 to Not buy a house

;):(

I think I am going to lose my mind totally any second now...

Thanks for letting me vent-

...somebody call me a Wah-mbulance!!

Agree!! Agree!! Agree!!!

Judy K in Michigan

So we find out what our options are on the House when we talk to our Realtor this afternoon...

I am trying not to feel *ill*

Good luck!

The news is- there is no news... sigh

The seller needs to review and make a decision. There were 3 Major sticking points (including old unused underground oil tank!) that were found, and we only asked for 1 of them. So hopefully they realize that those problems will not go away and that they will be getting off easy by selling the house to us. We hope!

Did I mention that this house is so kewl/vintage it still has it's original glass doorknobs? - - wistful sigh.

And a lovely courtyard off the back for socializing, and a Big back part to the yard for dog-zooming.. (Mina sighs wistfully)

We have many friends sending their thoughts/prayers/energies for us to be calm and relaxed and steadfast- and for the seller to be calm and benevolent and generous! Bwahahaha

I always hate this part. It is bad mojo to fall in love with a house, since people can be so irrational about house deals. Once you get emotional, your judgment gets foggy. I was always trying to calm my husband down.

Then things go...well?...you move in, and your new thing becomes this: "Oh, previous owners! What were you thinking?" Backwards plumbing, bizarre wiring, three drop ceilings - the older the house, the crazier it gets.

I wish you the best of luck, truly, in becoming the proud owner of a house with scores of harmless oddities. (I grew up in a house that was built in 1868.)