Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Shappa Needs A Dog Sitter

Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking for a foster situation for Shappa! I have an amazing opportunity to go to India for 3 months (Dec 5th - Mar 5th). This is one of those "gotta pinch myself" trips!

I not looking for "just anyone" to take him for this time. This is why I am looking to ask here. We all know how incredible Shappa is. And I gotta say, he has completely stolen my heart over the past few years I've had him. Every day I feel totally grateful that I get to be with him. He has such a calmness and sensitivity. He loves being indoors, but can hang outside all day. He loves going for hikes. He loves being in the country. He needs someone that understands his sensitive nature. He's been around kids around 9 and up. He's been around cats. He doesn't like to get in trouble so he listens and especially responds to your energy. For example I can say calmly, "go to bed" and point and he just goes and lays down. He's the most mellow dog I've ever had.

I live in Oregon (Portland). Currently, I am in Southern Oregon for a bit. (Got to see Kim on this trip) I am willing to bring him to you or meet. I'm thinking anyone in Oregon, Northern CA or even up into WA. It's super important to me to have someone that has experience with the American Indian Dogs. I feel a little protective over this guy - he's pretty special. I believe that anyone would absolutely love this opportunity to hang out with this guy for 3 months.

If this is something that you are interested in PM me and we can talk on the phone.

Thank you,

Jennifer

shapp at beach.jpg

shappa.jpg

• Like 3

I guess Florida is too far ... would be an amazing experience for us too!

Good luck! I'm sure it will work out!

• 4 weeks later...