Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Quote Kim Laflamme:

Hi all in the AI community. It is with a very sad heart that I am writing this today. Forgive my mistakes as I can hardly see the keyboard through my tears. I am not being melodramatic. Losing a good friend is a tough thing and our family lost Yuma yesterday. Yuma means "son of the chief" in Apache. He was a soldier to the end. Absolutely no sign of ilness or weakness at all until just one day before. He did not eat his supper Friday, would not take water or food Saturday and passed on Saturday night. The absolute only weakness I saw was in his hind quarters in the past month or so he had trouble jumping onto our bed at night to go to sleep. Other than that he did 3-4 mile walks with me daily in all kinds of New Jersey weather. Recently he loved romping around with our Jack Russel mix in the fresh snow! He had a vet check last month as well and his weight was normal, no sign of anything unusual. I will not go into details but he was clearly weakening over the past 24 hours and I stayed with him to make sure he was comfortable. He was born on 12/25/2004 and died naturally at home on 2/14/2015. His companion of 12 years, AIDog Saca, "Sacagawea", died last August 2014. We shared a lot of love and good times with our AI dogs and look forward to having a new one to love and share life with.

Good bye my good friend. Words are not enough.

Barbara

New Jersey

Emma's Pictures 061.jpg

Emma's Pictures 078.jpg

Emma's Pictures 084.jpg

Emma's Pictures 125.jpg

• Like 1

I am so sorry for the loss of both Yuma and Sacajawea. There are many of us who have some idea of what you must be feeling. I lost my Noki in almost exactly the same way. she was born in 2003 and I lost her in 2013, less than 24 hours after we knew something was wrong. I know you had a great life with them, they are like no other dog I have met. I am sorry for the grief you are feeling because I know it myself. We love them so much and they bring such joy. I hope when the time is right you are back on the list...my pup came on the 1 year anniversary of Noki's passing...

Please take care

• Like 3

I just lost my first dog, a couple months ago. My heart goes out to you, as I know that all sorts of subtle things, even your sleeping patterns, have changed.

One of the Netherlanders said something I will always remember. With time, the sadness will lift, and you will be able to feel joy when you remember them.

I am not yet there, but I wish it for both of us.

• Like 4

So sorry to hear of the passing of Yuma & Saca, our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. It's tough at these times to work through the pain but know that both dogs will be with you forever in cherished memories and thoughts of years past.

There's a saying, 'they come back to you...' We've found this to be true...both our AI dogs channel our now past family members Elsy & Ida and it's sometimes very surreal in ways that only we can understand. I'm sure there are thousands of stories like that on these boards.

I'm happy to hear that you plan on getting another AID...life would be so empty without our spirit dogs!

I'm so very sorry to hear this. How extremely difficult and painful to not have any real warning that Yuma's time was coming. May your grieving be deep and complete so that you can fully embrace whatever comes next. My prayers are with you

I howl for you :o

AaaawoooooooOO

(good one Rik)

• Like 2

I hope not to lose my AI Dog for a long time. I have lost very close animal companions and every time it has hurt differently. I wish your family immense healing as you go through the grieving process and sudden loss. Having lost both Yuma and Saca within a year of each other. I just can't fathom that. I pray your hearts open to new possibilities and opportunities and you have reminders that make you smile about the ones that have moved on.

Denise

• Like 1

Ok, this is so weird. Now your pup the age of 10 has passed as Kasha. My Hawk too was born 12/25/2004 to Sierra and Red. Hawk was one of 5 boys in the litter. Who is your Yuma from? I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine loosing my Hawk.

• Like 1

We seem to be losing to many of the best lately. I hope your healing is in progress and the memories of Yuma are bringing warm smiles filled with joy as they mingle with the memories of Sacagawea. It must bring some comfort knowing that the two are romping together on the other side of the rainbow bridge. I wish you peace.