• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:09 AM

OMG...right there with the heart attack moment!!! We have Wyot on a harness as well, and it helps tremendously, I agree. The ONLY thing that works in getting him back to us when he is in that frenzy, is "TREAT"! He comes back in an instant, and comes to sit in front of us in anticipation, and then I gratefully click his leash on, and hug and praise after he consumes the little treat. It is used as a last resort, however.

Wyot is 25 lbs right now, and he is lean,  has looooong legs and now the fur on his head is changing color! He's got whitish fluff that is coming up and around and making his face look fuller. I'm excited to see where all that will take him in his coloring. I see that Xochitil also has changed coloring a bit in places...puppydom changes SO quickly!! And, the love grows... :)

#22 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

....   I found what I had posted when Tayamni was 16 weeks old.  She was 21.1 lbs and 17" at the withers. The Vet I was using then said she would probably be 40 - 45 lbs tops.  HA HA HA.  I have a 52 pounder! She is a little chunky when she gets up to 54 pounds but I limit her food and exercise her a little more and she keeps her girlish figure!   My guess was Tayamni would be 45 lbs and 22" in at withers.  She blew past 45 lbs before a year old.   I will try to remember to measure her and report back!    

Tayamni has been about the same height, length, and weight since a year and 9 months.  22" at withers, 21" back (withers to tail croup) and 52 lbs.

Coffey (who has some Talhtan in him and has a little different look) is still gaining weight I think ...  will check at Vet tonight ....

he seems to have kept the same height and length for a couple months now.  He is 1 yr and 8 months now and 21.5" at withers, 19" back (withers to tail croup) and around New Years he was 36 pounds.

He has finally started to fill out - it is starting with his rib cage area and then front of chest.  I think he will gain a little more as he fills out.  Will he top 40 lbs?  I wonder.  I never thought he fill out --  LOL!

I had guessed Tayamni's future height correctly I just didn't expect her to get longer after she finished growing tall!!!!!  :P

She lengthened almost 2 inches after she was a year old as she was filling out.  I would notice it at the dog park because of how she wraps around and under my legs there and I could compare to other dogs she plays with regularly.  I would have thought 22" & 20" (and staying under 50 lbs) then she had a last growth spurt getting longer.

She is my first AI Dog so I had no idea what to expect, was just going from farming background and guesstimating from pictures of other AI Dogs.

#23 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Married to my best friend, Camping, Swimming, Hooping, Hiking, Bicycling, Tattoos, and Burning Man.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

So I think Xochitl will be on the smaller side? I know her and Zola turn 6 months on the 29th of this month. Where did time go?

And where did the troublesome pup go as well? Now that we take her to the dog park for an hour or two a day, not only has she chilled the F out, but is [occasionally] listening to us. This weekend we go to the greenbelt trails here in Austin for the first time. Wish us luck. I know she is a puddle dog. I'm hoping she is a water one as well. 

Here right eye is currently in transition. I'm not sure what color it will turn but half of it is this weird green color - no longer the "white walker blue" she had previously. I love that they are always changing - my little chameleon. 

Weighs: 30lbs

Withers: 19 inches

Back: 18 inches

Here are some updates pictures of my pretty pup!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.20.10 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.20.32 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.20.47 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.21.12 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.21.31 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.21.46 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.22.13 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.22.32 PM.png

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

#24 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

Wow, how beautiful she is!! So glad to hear that she calmed down a bit...it is scary when they bolt and don't listen...Wyot goes out without a leash  most of the time, and is pretty good, and listens much better as well. It's a maturity thing, I guess. He just turned 5 months, about three weeks behind Xochitl. (he was born the 11th of Oct). He is approximately the same weight and size as Xochitl too! I am hoping he will grow a little more. Chameleon is right! His body is black, as is his little mask on his face...however, his head and fur that has thickened and comes out on the sides of his head have changed to a light cinnamon color, mixing with the black a little. He is gorgeous! I love to watch the changes....now, I wish I could figure out how to post pics...I have posted to other forums before, but cannot for the life of me figure out why I cannot do it here...one day..<sigh>

#25 rickallen65

rickallen65

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

try the more reply options button, bottom right to post pics:)

#26 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:16 AM

try the more reply options button, bottom right to post pics:)

I've tried that...but I will try again. Thank you!

#27 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:My husky Remi is looking forward to getting an AI brother!

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

Waka' is definitely Kaposia's brother! Still a flight risk (fences necessary) FAST, and yes, the harness is far better than attaching leash to collar. We too, use a long retractable leash for walks, and everybody's happy! Credit for the photo goes to the owner of MeiHi Yip Yip, it was taken on a play date.

Glad to hear that Zeph is not the only one out of his litter that is still a flight risk. He just runs like a dingbat and doesn't realize where/what he's doing lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users