Photo

Update On Maddie

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 598 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

Hello folks,

I wanted to take a moment to officially introduce Maddie to the forum.  She is 18 months old and is an inside / outside dog.  Maddie spends the days outside with Anoki and Blue Bird and comes inside for the evening after she eats.  She enjoys going for rides and visiting with everyone she comes in contact with, particularly kids and she definitely enjoys being the center of attention.

Maddie is a Black and Tan female that people really seem drawn to.  Many people comment about the tan markings over her eyes which gives me an opportunity to discuss the myth of the "4-eyed" dogs.  Maddie is very intelligent with lots of energy.  Fortunately, Anoki helps her drain a lot of her energy during their daily play.

Maddie gets along well with any other dog she comes in contact with.  She hosted Sita here at the house for several months last year and she and Sita got along extremely well.  My daughter brought her two small dogs here over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Maddie was very aware and respectful of the smaller dogs and behaved extremely well with a house full of people.

At night, Maddie will come inside and lay beside me wherever I may be.  She knows when its bedtime and will run to her pillow beside our bed and sit there until I get into bed.  Once I get settled into bed, she actually gives me a kiss then lays down and sleeps throughout the night.

That was just a little about her and now a few pictures I hope you enjoy. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20151102_113822_1.jpg
  • 20160629_194714_1.jpg
  • 20160629_1940804.jpg

#2 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 378 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

What a sweet girl. She looks petite. What does she weigh? Anoki is looking good too!

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#3 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 598 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Maddie is on the "smaller" side. On October 20th, Maddie checked in at 33 pounds and Anoki at 42.5 pounds.

#4 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1150 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

Ya gotta love the black and tan ones.

pizzalili.jpg

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#5 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

Bandit is a black and tan also (even brindle almost in spots.)  Somehow not surprising they look alike, aside from size.

Expect to get "is that a german shepherd??" a LOT. ;)

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#6 Brittany&Cody

Brittany&Cody

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

Both very gorgeous dogs! I've been trying to find a good picture of a black and tan as they grow as we have a black and tan now :) sure is a beauty!!

#7 susiepetoskey

susiepetoskey

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors; ATVing, snowmobiling, skiing, skating, hiking, traveling, scuba diving, swimming. My absolute loves are my seven grandchildren ages 1 to 14 and all the joy they bring.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

Both amazing, beautiful dogs. Thanks for sharing.

#8 Jon and Gail

Jon and Gail

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, backpacking, running, hunting, kayaking.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

Maddie is very beautiful. 

#9 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

Beautiful Maddie!!! :wub: I often wonder what my black and tan little Wyot will look like when he grows...it's really exciting to watch. Almost like you can see them grow every day! His eyes are the most beautiful, expressive little things, always looking to me, inquisitive, trusting, loving, mischevious and a lovely, clear green, especially in the sunlight. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users