Puppy Training

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7627 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

If you look closely at this picture, you will see that Sitka has lost his ruff--the thick collar of fur around his neck.  

His Barber is Kooskie.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I picked up a large clump of fur, and matched it to his ruff.

The poor boy is getting the brunt of it.

sitkasruff.jpg

She hasn't chewed on anything or anyone else, just him. He is so terrific with her, and she can sometimes be a beautiful terror to him.  Good thing he loves her.   He's hoping for those babyteeth to start falling.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

Oooh! Hope that comes to an end soon! Poor Sitka indeed!
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#3 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2183 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:53 AM

Yowch!

#4 Kodi

Kodi

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

Poor Sitka.  Hoping that the puppy calms down for you and gives him a break.

#5 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

Sorry but that makes me feel better. about Nita and Nika

#6 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

WOW! That's a different issue on the forum! Sitka is being VERY patient. I hope his ruff grows back eventually.

#7 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7627 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

So I've been fasting for the last 7 days, and along with that, I do the standard stretching, yoga, and floor exercises. 

What is it with these dogs and Yoga?  They insinuate themselves into your pose, bugging you but not actually inhibiting your movement. By the end of it, you just have to laugh, which is also good for the soul. Medicine dogs...  :lol:

Anyway, we have finished a set, and we are about to walk it off, and I get a sliver or sticker or something in my foot:

firsttooth.jpg

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#8 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

OHHHHH you got a babhy tooth!!!!!!!! 

:D 

There may be more in Sitka's neck fur .....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Puppy Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users