• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Shamanism, Idigenous Cultures, Apsaalooke Nation, Architecture, Quantum Physics, Nature, Sacred/Fractal Geometry, Drumming Circles, Teardrop Trailers, Golf, Photography, and ALL things that expands One's AWARENESS

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

Summertime fun...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#2 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

Love the second to last pic, with the chewie!   The look is like "please don't tell me I have to give this up?"

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#3 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

The middle picture ... at a micro gathering? I love all the pictures - Waka seems VERY friendly and personable!

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7658 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

The chewie pic and the last with the young lady.  She is reaching out to  touch his feet, it's so good.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#5 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Shamanism, Idigenous Cultures, Apsaalooke Nation, Architecture, Quantum Physics, Nature, Sacred/Fractal Geometry, Drumming Circles, Teardrop Trailers, Golf, Photography, and ALL things that expands One's AWARENESS

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

...a couple more Summertime pics before we head up to Midland, MI this weekend for another "micro-gathering at Karen & Scott's along with Julie & Chris and ALL the four-legged's. FUNTIME!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#6 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

WAKA' and I just returned from our 2400 mile round trip journey to the Standing Rock Sioux Rez, DAPL Protest Camp, Cannon Ball, ND. Joining friends from Omaha, NE. WAKA' met up with a 7mth old Canadian Grey Wolf (born and raised in capitivity) in our camp...and yes, she still is a "flight-risk".

During a Sunday morning 3am rain she managed to sneak out of my tent and Bolt. I chased her for an our in the rain and when she climbed upon a distant "Sky Mound" -Sacred Site/Burial Ground I had to stop my pursuit. I returned to my tent resigned to the prospect that she would find a new home or become Road-Kill. Two hours later she returned to camp and was greeted by a camp-mate. Re-entering my tent I could instantly tell her demeanor was changed as a result of climbing on the Sky Mounds. I will monitor and see what Message the Spirits imbued upon her.

A few pics from camp. Grey Wolf with Shannon a camp-mate. Sky Mounds in the background. Also, meet Rose, "Red Day Woman", Oglala Sioux. Descendant of Sitting Bull and Chief Joseph. GREAT stories from Rose.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4320.JPG
  • IMG_4313.JPG
  • IMG_4317.JPG
  • IMG_4297.JPG

#7 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

Forrest, this has to be the best post ever! Thank you for sharing the adventures of Waka! The photos are all spectacular and just really capture the spirit of the event, but the one of Waka with the wolf is over the top....the body language of the 4 leggeds and the human is captivating. Can only hope the message of the event resonates with those with decision making power and comes to a good end.
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7658 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

Glad she came back. Over time that will no longer be an issue.

Glad to know our dogs were represented at this most important Gathering!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#9 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

Thank you for your journey, and sharing! I wonder what Waka' and the Spirits said, what lesson did she get? Maybe they called to her? My Uncle always said 3AM-ish was the spirit hour not midnight. Funny, I never asked why - just accepted I guess because it felt right.

#10 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

During my brief study of Traditional Chinese Medicine it was said that 3:00 - 4:00 A.M. Is the most powerful time to practice martial arts (Qi Gong, Tai Chi, etc.)
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#11 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2193 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

Glad to hear that you, cocopuff and the tardis were out there. Hope to hear more stories! PS Waka seemed to really like to be picked up and carried by Scott. He observed that during his baby sitting time she would be "naughty" to get his attention so he'd just pick her up. I've seen him do that with wild children with good affect also. Maybe it's just a Scottness or I wonder if you did some sort of hug n hold still therapy if you could infuse your calm into her wild? Or maybe it would back fire and you'd be the one running around at 3AM with her chasing you :). Serious emotional energy our there at that camp I'm sure. Maybe she just wanted to play in it.

Edited by Sherab, 29 September 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#12 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1150 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Oh the stories these dogs help us tell...

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#13 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

Thnx to All My Relations for your replies of interest...and yes, Denise your Uncle is correct to say at 3:00am the Spirits are more active. Upcoming adventures include Xmas in the Colorado Rockies...A'HO!

#14 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

If you have ever attended a POW WOW then you can easily "merge" with this dog's enthusiasm. Gave me Spirit Bumps! Enjoy... https://www.facebook...899464756823508

#15 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2193 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

The link won't open for me and the error indicates that it might be due to the FB privacy settings set by the user.

#16 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

If it's the fancy dancing dog, I asked my sister Kelli to share to me when she saw it on FB this morning.  https://www.facebook...ee/?pnref=story

hopefully this link will bring it up.    It's AWESOME!!!!

Forrest itche iichiile, was that the video you were posting? 

Dog dancing to Native American music 2764.png

Edited by Denise E., 30 January 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#17 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2193 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:45 AM

Geez it looks like he's even singing.

#18 Forrest itche iichiile

Forrest itche iichiile

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Yes...thnx for the re-post

#19 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3284 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Totally awesome.  Thanks for sharing the "fancy dancing dog."  I couldn't help but to play it again and dance along. 

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#20 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

That dog has some moves!!!! B) 

I bet he learned by watching his person!

I could picture the regalia on the dog as he/she was dancing....  right to the beat! :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users