• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:My husky Remi is looking forward to getting an AI brother!

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Beautiful!

#22 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Carolyn, I am interested in something you said, a few posts back, about Ayita developing a sense of humor. Can you elaborate? I have noticed this too, and I find it fascinating, and a mark of true intelligence.

I noticed it first playing ball. Our game is more like "catch" than "fetch." We use 4-5 balls, I chuck them and she has a couple of trees where she returns them. If I am too slow to throw them again, she runs up and grabs one and takes it back to the other tree. She also hides behind one certain tree and plays peek-a-boo.

Inside, if no one is paying attention to her, she will quietly roll onto her back and just stare at us. Also, She stopped for a while, but she is back into taking anything looking like a white piece of cloth--sox, little towels etc. The other day I was on the computer and heard her making this little barkie, talkie noise in the bedroom. I went in and she was on the bed looking down at a little towel she snatched. She looked at me, then the towel, then me, then the towel--"look what I did!" I said, "leave it," she did, I took it...Mission accomplished; she got her attention by tricking me.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#23 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

Here's an update on Ayita at 18 months, weighing in at 29 1/2 lbs.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#24 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

WOW!  ^_^

I think of Ayita a lot when I try to inspect Tayamni's growth!

I just thought of Ayita this morning!

So, Ayita now weighs around what Tayamni did just after her spay at 5.5 months.

WOW!   

#25 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

oops...didn't know this posted. I was having trouble adding the photos. They wanted to post landscape, but they were taken portrait. Still working on this...

#26 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1509 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

I'd like to see the pics - even if landscape!

I'll just tilt my head sideways and everything will be right side up!  :P

#27 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7627 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

You can "rotate" them with paint, or any of the free art/picture programs.  There is probably one on your computer.  

If not, Post them, and I will fix them for you.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#28 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

Found a sunny spot...

Attached Thumbnails

• FullSizeRender.jpg

#29 Meadow's Family

Meadow's Family

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Ayita is so beautiful!

#30 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:58 AM

We have a little snow here. Ayita happily ran around slipping and sliding. Gloves not quick enough to catch the good action shots!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#31 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2183 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

She's such a wee babe.

#32 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Current weight holding at 29.1 lbs.  :wub: . 

#33 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

That's exactly Sita sized!  29 pounds is a sweet spot for sure :)

#34 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 580 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hey Carolyn, that would have been a good day to get the dogs together to see them play in the snow.  It was Anoki's first snow and he seemed to enjoy it, at least more than when it's raining.  Here are a few pics of the snow on the same day (Christmas Eve).  Anoki and Sita both enjoyed the snow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20151224_085835_1.jpg
  • 20151224_085744_1.jpg
  • 20151224_085713_1.jpg

#35 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

Great shots! Ayita doesn't seemed to be bothered by any weather. Maybe there was a mail carrier dog in her family tree  :P. Happy New Year!

#36 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2183 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

I love that last shot.

#37 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7627 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, that last one made me want to jump!

I have several of those same snow shots where there was no dog.  Too fast for the camera.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#38 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3266 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

Be happy you don't have to change the gate latches because you have a 4 legged Houdini on hand. :wacko:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#39 Sri

Sri

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:07 AM

My heart went kerpow! to see unexpected pictures of Sita with Anoki frolicking in the snow! She looks so happy :) :) :)  And she looks more mature also.  Sigh...I'm missing part of her growing up

I cannot express how wonderful it is to see that she is having such a nice life while I am away...I wish I could teleport home from India for the holidays in the snow, for sure.  

So much gratitude for you Greg!  And Anoki also!  Is Maddie still with you?  I haven't seen any pics of her in a while...

#40 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 376 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

Camping--3 days on a leash makes for a tuckered girl  :wub:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2750 Camping 1.JPG
  • IMG_2777 Camping 2.JPG
  • IMG_2768 Camping 3.JPG
  • FullSizeRender Camping 4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users